• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. 22nm+28nm, Tri-Gate, and reading the OP. [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

If I replaced a broken motherboard with the same motherboard model, should I reinstall windows and all my programs? Even though it is the same hardware?

Karmum

Banned
OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD going on sale for $79.99 at 10:00 PDT (1:00 EDT), still doesn't top the M4 for $99.99, imo.

Edit - NewEgg, by the way.

ParityBit

OK, well that makes things easier on my end.

Question about thermal paste. I used the preapplied paste from the H100. Unfortunately, since I am removing all this to get a new mobo in, I am going to have to put it on myself.

I have read various ways to do it, but the artic silver website suggests the vertical line method for Ivy Bridge. http://www.arcticsilver.com/intel_application_method.html#

Is this generally how you applied the paste? I am hoping *knocks on wood* that something will go smooth with this build at SOME point!

cilonen

OK, well that makes things easier on my end.

Question about thermal paste. I used the preapplied paste from the H100. Unfortunately, since I am removing all this to get a new mobo in, I am going to have to put it on myself.

I have read various ways to do it, but the artic silver website suggests the vertical line method for Ivy Bridge. http://www.arcticsilver.com/intel_application_method.html#

Is this generally how you applied the paste? I am hoping *knocks on wood* that something will go smooth with this build at SOME point!

Man, it sucks that you've been having issues; just think of the gaming goodness once it's all done.

If you don't need most of the features of the top tier mobos have you thought of something like one of the IB-ready PCI Gen3 z68 chipset boards? Z68 is fairly well known and - touch wood - my Asus p8z68-v gen 3 pro has been great so far.

Ugg, so I couldnt hold out any longer and bought all my parts today. Went over budget by $400AUD. My poor bank account. Overkill for Diablo 3 but I think it will serve me well.

i5 3570k
Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212
2x4GB 1600 Gskill RipjawsX
Gigabyte GTX670 OC
Asrock z77 Extreme 4
Antec HCG 620W PSU
Windows 7 64

Using existing HDDs, case and 27" Samsung monitor.

No overclocking as of yet, Ill play around with it tomorrow. Still setting up windows and reinstalling software. To be honest now that Ive built it, I have no idea what to do with it.

Let me in

Why did my Corsair 400R only come with 4 standoffs, yet the case has like 9 slots for an ATX motherboard? This is driving me mad, am I missing something?

dmann

Ugg, so I couldnt hold out any longer and bought all my parts today. Went over budget by $400AUD. My poor bank account. Overkill for Diablo 3 but I think it will serve me well.

i5 3570k
Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212
2x4GB 1600 Gskill RipjawsX
Gigabyte GTX670 OC
Asrock z77 Extreme 4
Antec HCG 620W PSU
Windows 7 64

Using existing HDDs, case and 27" Samsung monitor.

No overclocking as of yet, Ill play around with it tomorrow. Still setting up windows and reinstalling software. To be honest now that Ive built it, I have no idea what to do with it.

Edit: n/m... I see you are from Australia; apparently some vendors broke the street date over there.

Nice build. How'd you get a hold of a GTX 670 already? I thought the street date on those are the 10th.

Seems like the Asus Z77 boards have issues. USB drivers need to be installed on every bootup. My buddy's PC boots up in less than 10 seconds (including post), but it takes another 20+ seconds for the mouse to install itself after he gets into Windows. Other possible issues as well. See:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038701035

I've only had one day with it but I haven't noticed this on my P8Z77-V. By mouse drivers does he mean drivers for that specific mouse (Logitech etc.) or drivers for the USB chipset?

owlbeak

PC GAF, I am looking to do a small upgrade to either my CPU or GPU and not sure which route to attack.

Currently, my system is as follows:

AMD Phenom XII 555 Black - 3.2ghz
ATi Radeon HD 5770 1gb
8gb DDR3 1333

I am not sure whether I should upgrade the graphics card or switch to a quad core processor (or get a mobo that allows me to unlock the other 2 cores on this processor). Which route would give me better performance? What's the bottleneck in my current setup? And if it's the graphics card, what should I upgrade to that would be $200 or less?

Omiee

Gaf i need your help!!

i have 2 dell monitors connected to my videocard by dvi cables. I want to add a samsung tv to my pc so i can have 3 screens.

the tv is connected from hdmi to display port.

i can get the tv and monitor to work fine, i cant get the two monitors and tv to work.

how can i fix this gaf?

i have this adapter btw

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005HK6RAU/
i have two 6979's in crossfire setup.

Sethos

Banned
My Cosmos II arrived today ( It's mmmmHUGE ) and apparently that BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm doesn't even fit in the top exhaust. Well, it fits but it doesn't line up to any mounting holes whatsoever - Unless I'm missing something.

Dammit

Omiee

Gaf i need your help!!

i have 2 dell monitors connected to my videocard by dvi cables. I want to add a samsung tv to my pc so i can have 3 screens.

i can get the tv and monitor to work fine, i cant get the two monitors and tv to work.

how can i fix this gaf?

i have this adapter btw

i have two of these monitors btw:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/289409/dell-ultrasharp-u2312hm-(zwart).html#tab:info

Mr Swine

Banned
PC GAF, I am looking to do a small upgrade to either my CPU or GPU and not sure which route to attack.

ATi Radeon HD 5770 1gb
8gb DDR3 1333

I am not sure whether I should upgrade the graphics card or switch to a quad core processor (or get a mobo that allows me to unlock the other 2 cores on this processor). Which route would give me better performance? What's the bottleneck in my current setup? And if it's the graphics card, what should I upgrade to that would be $200 or less?

That Phenom II 555 B is a dual core CPU right? If so I would have upgraded the CPU/mobo before getting a new GPU. A Intel CPU like the I5-3570k would be a really good upgrade and later on you can upgrade your GPU

Got my PC home with the new I5-3570k and it works like a charm. Really my old Phenom II 955 felt like it was 5 years old. Everything is so blazing fast while installing stuff. Played a bit Starcraft II and the performance boost was bigger then I expected :D I'm soo glad I upgraded to it!

scitek

Hey guys, I just moved to a new apartment and the router is on the opposite side of the place from my room. What's a good wifi solution for a desktop?

Edit:preferably something I can pick up at a Walmart or something close by.

Quick

Banned
Second attempt at this. Posted in last year's thread hoping to build one at around that time, but that plan didn't work out.

I'd like to have a PC that's cheap, but can handle new games just fine and is future proof. I'm willing to spend up to $800 (Canadian) on it.

Alternatively, if my current PC is still worth upgrading and is way cheaper, I wouldn't mind that option either. Current specs:

ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
500GB SATA HDD
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
5120MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

I haven't paid any attention to new parts and components that have been released lately, so I don't even know where to start.

Omiee

i googled a bit and i could not find a solution.

can i buy a displayport cable and connect one of my dell monitors that has a displayport connection to the graphics card displayport.

and connect 1 tv to a dvi port and a second dell monitor to a dvi port as well?

will this work?

Shambles

Second attempt at this. Posted in last year's thread hoping to build one at around that time, but that plan didn't work out.

I'd like to have a PC that's cheap, but can handle new games just fine and is future proof. I'm willing to spend up to $800 (Canadian) on it.

Alternatively, if my current PC is still worth upgrading and is way cheaper, I wouldn't mind that option either. Current specs:

ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
500GB SATA HDD
5120MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

I haven't paid any attention to new parts and components that have been released lately, so I don't even know where to start.

You're looking at a rebuild. Sockets and memory have moved on too far. What you could try to salvage is your case, k/b&m, possibly power supply and the HDD with a caveat. Some people are paranoid about old hard drives but the only reason you'd ever worry about your data is if you know you don't have a backup for it. Everyone should have a proper backup, then you can run that old HDD into the ground and simply pick up a new HDD at that time and load up your backup. For new builds check out the OP, it's kept current and it's a great place to start, we can tweak things in it as well. After you have start to picked out some parts start looking at prices. You'll want to keep pricebat.ca bookmarked for price-match opportunities. Depending on where you live in Canada affects what will be available locally. Newegg.ca, NCIX, and Memory Express lead the online retailers but there are many others that pricebat.ca will check for pricing.

Let us know what you can salvage from your old machine, where you live, and we can help you squeeze something out.

Basic Desktop Questions:

Your Current Specs: CPU / RAM (DDR2/DDR3) / Motherboard / GPU / PSU
Budget: Price Range + Country
Main Use: Light Gaming, Gaming, Emulation (PS2/Wii), Video Editing, HD Streaming, 3D work, General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback). Rate importance on a 1-5 scale. (5 Being highest)
Monitor Resolution: What resolution will you be playing your games at? Are you going to upgrade later? Are you buying a new monitor?
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Self Explanatory.
Looking to reuse any parts?: List make and model (e.g. Corsair 520HX 520W)
When will you build?: What time frames are doable? Are you building this weekend? Do you need it in a week or so? Can you wait a month or two?
Will you be overclocking?: Yes, No, Maybe (This means yes)

My Cosmos II arrived today ( It's mmmmHUGE ) and apparently that BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm doesn't even fit in the top exhaust. Well, it fits but it doesn't line up to any mounting holes whatsoever - Unless I'm missing something.

Dammit
IIRC, they don't easily fit in many (most?) Cooler Master 200/230mm housings, for myriad reasons (more structural obstructions than anything else). The Spectre Pros' additional bulk surrounding the fan holes tend to conflict with how many of CM's cases are tightly designed for the specific shape of their 200/230mm hole surrounds.

This thread has info, and instal vids on a HAF X. See if it helps since you have good spacing with the Cosmos II. I believe the tighter HAF XM would be impossible, without modding, for instance (at least for dual fans).

I know some people have either trimmed their Spectre Pro hole surrounds, or modded their case to make them fit in a range of NZXTs, Thermalakes, etc. Otherwise, you can go the neatly applied ziptie route.

ATi Radeon HD 5770 1gb
8gb DDR3 1333

For the time being, GTX 560 Tis, and 1GB/2GB HD 6950s often fall in that price range. Your CPU will bottleneck either one, even unlocked. Buying a board wouldn't be cost effective. At that point you should be looking into an affordable 2500K upgrade (CPU/mobo/RAM), possibly a 3570K/3770K, or even a 2nd gen FX-83xx, depending on your usage and preferences.

NoRéN

Hey guys, I just moved to a new apartment and the router is on the opposite side of the place from my room. What's a good wifi solution for a desktop?

Edit:preferably something I can pick up at a Walmart or something close by.

I got this recently from amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005S0BYQ6

Refurbished but has been solid. Great range, dual band, wireless N 300mbps. Install was a breeze.

Not exactly something you can pick up at a brick and mortar but with prime you'll have it by Thursday.

Quick

Banned
You're looking at a rebuild. Sockets and memory have moved on too far. What you could try to salvage is your case, k/b&m, possibly power supply and the HDD with a caveat. Some people are paranoid about old hard drives but the only reason you'd ever worry about your data is if you know you don't have a backup for it. Everyone should have a proper backup, then you can run that old HDD into the ground and simply pick up a new HDD at that time and load up your backup. For new builds check out the OP, it's kept current and it's a great place to start, we can tweak things in it as well. After you have start to picked out some parts start looking at prices. You'll want to keep pricebat.ca bookmarked for price-match opportunities. Depending on where you live in Canada affects what will be available locally. Newegg.ca, NCIX, and Memory Express lead the online retailers but there are many others that pricebat.ca will check for pricing.

Let us know what you can salvage from your old machine, where you live, and we can help you squeeze something out.

Looks like I'm re-purposing this PC as an HTPC or something when all is said and done. My case sucks. It looked cool at the time, but not now :lol.

Canada Computers is going to be my primary store since I live so close to one.

Basic Desktop Questions:

Your Current Specs: CPU / RAM (DDR2/DDR3) / Motherboard / GPU / PSU

5120MB RAM DDR2
ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Stock PSU from when the PC was purchased in 2007
500GB SATA HDD

The PC was purchased as a stock HP computer in 2007, then some parts were upgraded as the years went by. Still runs well, can't run any new games without sounding like it's going to blow up.

Budget: $800 (preferably lower if possible), Canada (Toronto)
Main Use: Light Gaming - 5, Gaming - 5, Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 0, Video Editing - 3, HD Streaming - 3, 3D work - 0, General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback) - 5.
Monitor Resolution: Currently at 1650x1050, planning on going higher
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Diablo 3, Crysis 2 and 3, SimCity (2013)
Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope
When will you build?: Maybe in a month or so.
Will you be overclocking?: No plans on doing so, no experience on it.

feel

Hi guys, any tips on how to get a GTX 680
from from a reliable online store? Seems sold out everywhere I look.

Peterthumpa

Also, are there any motherboards that come with good on-board HD audio or do you absolutely need a seperate sound card for that. As well, what about wifi? Wifi is a must for me. I presume there is a "slot" kind of like the RAM slot where you would install the wifi card? And can I get away with the stock intel cooling fan for the i5 or is installing a seperate heatsink a must? heatsink install kind of scares me but watching the new-egg how to made it seem pretty easy. apply thermal paste, screw heatsink on top of cpu. done.

Ok, here we go:

a) On-board sound cards are already good enough nowadays, BUT, just for your daily needs. If you're planning to hook up your digital receiver through the optical interface, be aware that for gaming you'll only have full 5.1 sound if you have a sound card that can decode the 5.1 signal in realtime using Dolby Digital Live / DTS Connect. So it's up to what do you really want from your rig and what equipment you already have. Good cards capable of doing 5.1 audio transconding: Asus Xonar D2X, Auzentech X-Fi.

b) There are wifi PCI cards and USB dongles. Pick up the best / most suitable for your needs. They're pretty cheap too.

c) Same thing as the first answer, all depending on use. If you're going to overclock that bitch, the stock heatsink is not enough. Besides that, it's pretty capable.

Sethos

Banned
·feist·;37678290 said:
IIRC, they don't easily fit in many (most?) Cooler Master 200/230mm housings, for myriad reasons (more structural obstructions than anything else). The Spectre Pros' additional bulk surrounding the fan holes tend to conflict with how many of CM's cases are tightly designed for the specific shape of their 200/230mm hole surrounds.

This thread has info, and instal vids on a HAF X. See if it helps since you have good spacing with the Cosmos II. I believe the tighter HAF XM would be impossible, without modding, for instance (at least for dual fans).

I know some people have either trimmed their Spectre Pro hole surrounds, or modded their case to make them fit in a range of NZXTs, Thermalakes, etc. Otherwise, you can go the neatly applied ziptie route.

Appreciate the answer man.

I've messed with this for over an hour now. I decided to take the front 200mm fan which is native to the case and mount it as top fan, took the mounting brackets from the front fan and slapped on the Spectre and now that's a front fan which worked perfectly.

Now all I need is my thermal paste, SSD, HDD and my Blu-Ray drive and I'm ready to build.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Appreciate the answer man.

I've messed with this for over an hour now. I decided to take the front 200mm fan which is native to the case and mount it as top fan, took the mounting brackets from the front fan and slapped on the Spectre and now that's a front fan which worked perfectly.

Now all I need is my thermal paste, SSD, HDD and my Blu-Ray drive and I'm ready to build.

Be sure to post a pic when you are done!

Sethos

Banned
Will do.

Just snapped a quick comparison picture, certainly lives up to its title of "Ultra Tower". That's a CM 690 II Advanced next to it ( Yeah it's dusty ).

iul7PsfchlHyD.png

Hawk269

Speaking of giant cases...I notice that some come with a vent t oattache a fan on the backside of the Mobo. Has anyone used a fan to blow air on the back of the cpu/mobo? How beneficial is it?

Pirabear

Banned
So I'm thinking about upgrading in about a month. I currently have a low profile graphics card (GeForce GT 430) which I'm planning to temporarily use until I can afford a GTX560ti sometime in the fall. My main questions are: Will a low profile card be okay in a larger tower? And will I be able to use it combined with the 560ti for better performance? I'd like to get some use out of the 430 for a while longer since I had it for less than a year.

kennah

Now that I've gone Lian-Li, it's going to be hard to go with anything less in the future. :(

I hear ya. Still rocking a PC60. Was looking at cases recently (thinking of moving to miniITX) and nothing really strikes my fancy as much as the one I already have.

Omiee

i googled a bit and i could not find a solution.

can i buy a displayport cable and connect one of my dell monitors that has a displayport connection to the graphics card displayport.

and connect 1 tv to a dvi port and a second dell monitor to a dvi port as well?

will this work?

Gaf i need your help!!

how can i fix this gaf?

i have this adapter btw

quoted for the new page.

nice case btw. thats HUGE!!

Never mind mids, I love how the Cosmos II dwarfs most mainstream full towers. Only wish they had a bit more efficient usage of space. Still, you can't hate a mainstream full which will take an SR-2, or SR-X, natively.

DSC0005.jpg

Speaking of giant cases...I notice that some come with a vent t oattache a fan on the backside of the Mobo. Has anyone used a fan to blow air on the back of the cpu/mobo? How beneficial is it?
For normal builds and clocks, it's often negligible, at best. Once you get into big ~4.4GHz-type OCs with power hungry parts like X79 6-/8-cores (more so the clocked 6), and FX-81xxs, you can be looking at ~5-7c+ in reduced socket and/or VRM temps. On stock to mildly-clocked 1155s? Nah. ~4.8GHz, or higher? Sure.

So I'm thinking about upgrading in about a month. I currently have a low profile graphics card (GeForce GT 430) which I'm planning to temporarily use until I can afford a GTX560ti sometime in the fall. My main questions are: Will a low profile card be okay in a larger tower? And will I be able to use it combined with the 560ti for better performance? I'd like to get some use out of the 430 for a while longer since I had it for less than a year.
1-Yes. 2-Yes, as a PhysX card, though I wouldn't bother. In some instances, it can hamper performance (particularly with non-reference cards running cheaper, slower memory). I'd sell the 430, pick up a nice replacement, OC it, and make sure the PCB is properly cooled.

Now that I've gone Lian-Li, it's going to be hard to go with anything less in the future. :(
Heh. I see you've finally come around.

sk3

Banned
Seems like the Asus Z77 boards have issues. USB drivers need to be installed on every bootup. My buddy's PC boots up in less than 10 seconds (including post), but it takes another 20+ seconds for the mouse to install itself after he gets into Windows. Other possible issues as well. See:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038701035
This happens to me. It's happened twice, I usually sleep instead of shutdown so its not a huge issue. But I would hear the "dun DON, DUN don" of a device disconnecting and reconnecting and it would take a good 30 seconds before I could type.

I have a P8Z77-V Deluxe. No other issues.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
EVGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I signed up for an email alert for the GTX690. I receive it and instantly add the gtx690 my cart. Ok, where is the check out button? Only sign up or log in buttons. So, I sign up asap. i just make up a username no one would have and got my activation email 2 seconds later, copied the activation code and I was in. Opened my shopping cart, pressed check out, typed in my credit card info and nothing. WTF! It just takes me back to shipping, then credit card, then shipping, etc. Then, I notice it says in the upper right, currently unavailable.

I just wanted to scream! It took me no more than 3 minutes to sign up and check out and it is gone. I had it in my cart. With demand, they could literally let me keep it in my cart for hours and someone would buy it within 5 seconds of it leaving my cart.

At least give me 3-5 minutes to sign up a freaking account.

I've been feeling the itch to upgrade my graphics card for a while now and I think I need to scratch it soon or I might go crazy.

Here's my current rig (I was going to build my own PC but wimped out when I was able to buy this for about $120 more than the build price):

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/gateway-fx6831-01/4507-3118_7-34048068.html?tag=subnav

Some of the vitals:
Processor -- Intel Core i7 i7-860 / 2.8 GHz
Motherboard -- Intel H57 Express
GPU -- HD 5850
Power -- 750W

My tentative plan is to upgrade to something like the 7950 or the 7870.

My question is, can I safely upgrade?

I'm a bit clueless and worried about things like power consumption, cooling, and even the size of the card. Could anyone say whether one or both of these cards would be compatible with my current setup?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I've been feeling the itch to upgrade my graphics card for a while now and I think I need to scratch it soon or I might go crazy.

Here's my current rig (I was going to build my own PC but wimped out when I was able to buy this for about $120 more than the build price):

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/gateway-fx6831-01/4507-3118_7-34048068.html?tag=subnav

Some of the vitals:
Processor -- Intel Core i7 i7-860 / 2.8 GHz
Motherboard -- Intel H57 Express
GPU -- HD 5850
Power -- 750W

My tentative plan is to upgrade to something like the 7950 or the 7870.

My question is, can I safely upgrade?

I'm a bit clueless and worried about things like power consumption, cooling, and even the size of the card. Could anyone say whether one or both of these cards would be compatible with my current setup?

Go ahead with the upgrade.

Your system can handle the new GPU.

Go ahead with the upgrade.

Your system can handle the new GPU.

Thanks. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger soon.

I guess the one catch with the 7950 is that it's about two inches longer than the 5850, so I need to make sure I have legroom (unless you were already taking that into consideration).

I appreciate the help.

maks

Sounds like some people here have worries over Asus Z77 motherboards. Just wanted to let you guys know that my Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 has been wonderful for the last 1.5 weeks that i've owned it. I'm not having boot issues, never had a blue screen, and no USB problems either. Takes 10 seconds to boot into Windows with my Sandisk Extreme SSD.

maks

The only thing im concerned with in my setup is my temps. I'm averaging 35c~37c idle using 2600k and Hyper 212+ EVO with push/pull fans. I'm using the thermal paste that came with the evo and monitoring things with Realtemp. If i do a Prime95 stress test i get up to 70c.

It seems like those with a similar setup are reporting 28c-31c idle and 55c on Prime95. I'm not close to that.

mkenyon

Banned
Crosspost from Kepler thread:

What could be in this innocent brown box?

Rbbvhl.jpg

Oh, why hello there. (yeah, cellphone flash. waiting to install it before I give it the good photo treatment)

QoTCSl.jpg

It's huge! Bigger than my 7970 even.

dx2yVl.jpg

ShYaWl.jpg

The last of the parts don't arrive until Friday. System is:
Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2
3820 i7
4x4GB Corsair 1.35v Vengeance Low Profile (white)
Corsair AX850 w/ white braided cables
Crucial M4 128GB
Going in a 600T for now until the PC-V750 releases. Once that releases, modding it and powder coating the internals white to fit:
Alphacool Single Bay Repack w/ 2xDC-LT pumps (arrived, sweet piece of kit)
Alphacool XT45 240mm radiator (front)
Alphacool XT45 360mm radiator (top)
EK's eventual 690 block
EK Supreme Rev 3 Plexi or XSPC Raystorm (still haven't decided)
Mayhem's Mint Green Concentrate

If the V750 takes more than a month to come out, I'll probably get antsy and mod the 600T for a 360mm up top and a 200mm in the front. Hoping I can stay strong.

feel

Is there a thread similar to this one for monitor recommendations or is that also taken care on this one? I'm planning my jump into PC gaming and have been using the Enthusiast build in the OP as a guide to what I will get, but I'm completely lost when it comes to a monitor. I don't wanna get a beast of a PC and then a completely shit monitor that prevents the image quality or gaming experience from being as good as it should be.

Is this Asus good?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HIRG52/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Any monitor recommendations or tips would be very appreciated. Need something that makes the image pop, with great color reproduction, dark blacks, bright whites, close to no input lag

scogoth

Is there a thread similar to this one for monitor recommendations or is that also taken care on this one? I'm planning my jump into PC gaming and have been using the Enthusiast build in the OP as a guide to what I will get, but I'm completely lost when it comes to a monitor. I don't wanna get a beast of a PC and then a completely shit monitor that prevents the image quality or gaming experience from being as good as it should be.

Is this Asus good?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HIRG52/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Any monitor recommendations or tips would be very appreciated. Need something that makes the image pop, with great color reproduction, dark blacks, bright whites, close to no input lag

Want hardcore gaming then 120hz is the way to go with either benq or asus. If you want pretty colors then someone else will have to recommend, I know nothing of goods screens for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom