• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection listing on Walmart.com

Wallach

Rez said:
this thread has actually made me think about which console I'm likely to adopt first next gen. after the great experience I've had with the PS3 this gen and Sony's cooperation with companies like Valve, it's looking like I'm going to get the PS4 first this time.

Of course, pricing and software will be the ultimate decider.

You're not AstroLad.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Galvanise_ said:
I would laugh if he's actually shown us the final scene of the game already. :lol
it could be the first scene, everything else is a flashback.

oh my god I've unlocked the story

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
So what? I didn't buy a PS3 to play PS2 games, and if I buy a PS4 it won't be for playing last-gen games either.

Lulz at your dreams of the PS4 emulating the PS3.
I am probably the last person you should laugh at for thinking that PS4 will be able to emulate PS3. I have all but given up on that at this point.

However, you have to admit that it's gonna be dumb that you have these remakes of PS2 games on PS3 that were primarily done because PS2 games can't be played on it anymore, (thankfully for me, as I like them better) and now those remakes won't work on PS4. So then what, keep remaking them every time a new console comes out?

Jasoco

Banned
This would make me buy a PS3 day one. As long as it doesn't have any Move shit in it, I will run out the day it is released and buy this game combo.

Your move Sony/Team ICO.

They don't need to bump up all the polygons. Most look fine as they are (Judging from the 1080p emulator videos), just add more details to the buildings and that's all you need. The rest is just grand.

Jasoco

Banned
Upon watching the 13th Colossus HD video on my HDTV, I can completely say "OMG WANT THIS NAO!1" If the game looked even as good as the straight HD emulations, my God...

Blu_LED said:
Move in Sly kind of makes sense, because Sly is a game that can have minigames. How in the world would they do Move minigames in Ico/SotC?
who's talking about minigames? how about stabbing down with the move controller?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Blu_LED said:
Move in Sly kind of makes sense, because Sly is a game that can have minigames. How in the world would they do Move minigames in Ico/SotC?

Well... I don't know about minigames, but I could see them have you holding the wand over your head to have wander hold his sword up to catch the light.

lyre

StuBurns said:
What about the other 99.8% of the game?
Flail Move to gallop the horse slash wish it had better horse controls.
Flail Move to tell the voice to stfu.
Flail Move to shine your sword to the next mountain to slaughter.
Flail Move to climb rocks.
Flail Move to wish it was a different and better game.

Gravijah

lyre said:

you just don't understand, man

you can't begin to understand how deep this game is

StuBurns

Banned
lyre said:
Okay, I'm on board. Let's get the preordering on.

Orobi

It's more than one year that we ear rumors about this collection. I believe the delay of the release is due of Move support added for Shadow of the colossus! :D And I will like it very much! :D

Gravijah

sentry65 said:
I doubt we get 60 fps

I think we'll be more likely to bet 1080p at 30fps before we get 720p at 60fps

If they're going to bump the framerate up to 30 fps, why not go the full monty?

DrXym

Remember the "remastered" GOW 1 & 2 release immediately preceded GOW 3. Perhaps Sony intend the same with The Last Guardian, i.e. to release the SOTC / ICO as a standalone product and as a pack-in for the collector's edition.

sentry65

Gravijah said:
If they're going to bump the framerate up to 30 fps, why not go the full monty?

For all we know, they might choose to permanently use the high res models the whole time instead of popping in the low res models etc. In that case 2xAA 720p at 30fps IMO would make for a very nice looking set of games. Maybe ICO will run at 60fps though since it's drastically simpler than SotC

I'm confident they'll end up giving us whatever they think looks better, but I have a feeling for these particular games, they'll prioritize rendering quality over running at 60fps.

GOW with it's fast paced action and how 60fps was one of their original targets even on the PS2, obviously 60fps was a priority for them. ICO/SotC don't have a lot of super quick reaction timing, but they do have a whole lot of pretty going on...so I'd think they'd shoot for their original 30fps target and make the game look as good as they can.

agaru

From Eurogamer:
The heavily rumoured ICO / Shadow of the Colossus high definition PlayStation 3 collection will be released in March or April next year and cost "around £24.99", industry sources have told Eurogamer.
Full article here.

Top Bottom