• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ign decides to rank FF series

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
lol FF7 hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh good another list.

10 is too high i agree..

9 and 8 I would switch

Id switch 4 and 6 and then 7 and 6

Top 3 would be 4, 6, 7

Thats just me though and i dont my own site to make lists for people to gawk at :(

DR2K said:
4 and 6 are too high. Other than that it's decent.

God youre stupid about FF as you are about SF4! Jeeze :p

Haunted

Good to see that IGN still asks the important questions.

Agreed with the top 3 and the last 3. Doesn't get much better than this.

Ceebs

11 and 12 being ranked that low is criminal. Say what you will about 11, but if you put the time in, it is by far the most enjoyable of the series.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
5, 8, 9 and 12 are all better games than 10 and 7, so I'm having a hard time accepting the opinion of the internet on this one

DMeisterJ

Banned
orioto said:
Mission accomplished.

2zi8mfa.png

FFVII should be no. 1

Can't spell ignorance without 'ign'

IX is criminally underrated and VIII is a little high for my liking, but this was a pretty decent list. They got #1 right, so I really can't complain too much.

jeremy1456

X and VIII don't deserve anything below the last and second to the last slots on the list.

And FFXII better than III? wtf?

The biggest travesty is VI as number 1 though. It was good and no doubt deserves to be in the top 5, but #1?

For a game that partially falls apart 1/4 the way in, and then completely does so halfway through to be so highly regarded is mind boggling.

EDIT: My post is over the top on purpose, but those are my real opinions.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wat. FF3 is one of the best ones! Those assholes!

Philthy

X should be off the list entirely.

I hated Wakka and that freakin Blitzball. ugh.

*Rubs the back side of his head looking confused*

orioto

Good Art™
Actually, to put FFVI in first place isn't a logical choice i guess. It's a choice from the heart.

And it's putting the art in first place for the serie, wich is a strong choice. FF took its strength in art at first. Nowadays, it shines with its systems. It's not a bad thing, i'm just saying they chose to put a certain "part" of what is FF in first place.

NewLib

Banned
List is awful because 8 isnt dead last.

Better Order: 1. FFVI 2. FFVII 3. FFXII 4. FFIV 5. FFIX 6. FFV 7. FFXI 8. FFI 9. FFIII 10. FFX

Then a huge gap because I still kind of like FFX.

11a. FFII 11b. FFVIII

Awful. Just Awful.

Tellaerin

My personal opinion (and that's what this is all about, isn't it)?

8 should be lower. A lot lower. Like, 'bottom of the list' lower. :p

7 should be lower, too. Definitely below 10.

5 deserves to be higher. Job system rocks.

10's a better game than 6, but considering the number of fatal fanboy heart attacks putting FF 10 in the number one spot would cause, they probably saved lives by putting 6 at the top. :p

I always thought 6 and 7 were equal, it's just opinion that puts one over the other. 12 is way too low, so is 3, 8 should be at the bottom. X was terrible as well, maybe middle list fodder but not near the top.

Top Bottom