• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Nintendo DSi Countdown

Stumpokapow said:
japanese dsi english phantom hourglass no region lock; taken to debunk avid readers of StupidShittyGameBlog.com that misreported the region lock information.
Oh okay. I didn't even know such a stupid rumor existed.

Nintendo should release the next Metroid on DSWare. I would wet my pants for that.

Naw, make it a full game. D:<

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picking mine up in a few hours from a Tsutaya. I don't know if I will have any time to post anything about the DSi until this evening though, and by then impressions should be everywhere.

Hcoregamer00 said:
How about DS Ugly?

That is more appropriate.
DS Ugly is reserved for the DS prototype from E3 2004:

2pplphz.jpg

I remember when the Phat was seen as a sleek upgrade to that ugly thing:

28iox78.jpg

Then the Lite came and brought the sexy:

2nko3eh.jpg

And now the DSi upgrades it all:

ru48wy.jpg

Somnid

Got mine. I don't know if I'll keep it or not. It appears as though demand isn't terribly high probably due to a number of factors including: economy, exchange rates, it being the DS 3.0 and 70 million already own one, reservations about region-lock etc. So at the moment I might just keep it since it looks like I'm not going to get a decent return on it.

If I do keep it I certainly hope the homebrew scene works on letting me install the US firmware before they worry about yet another Quake or SNES9x port.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Guybrush Threepwood said:
Matte finish?

Yup. Which is good because on my white Lite I got some dirt on the sides between the clear outer-layer and the white inner-one.

That shit be nasty.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EmCeeGramr said:
Dude, the thing was like a massive chunk of round gray plastic.

Better rounded, sleek plastic than a chunky funky monkey. And the colors were all over the place. Dark grey buttons? Blech.

Andrex said:
Better rounded, sleek plastic than a chunky funky monkey. And the colors were all over the place. Dark grey buttons? Blech.
Dude I don't think you understand, this thing was huge and chunky and didn't even fold up correctly. It wasn't "rounded and sleek," it was fat. You see the black plastic surrounding the screens? Some of the showfloor models had orange plastic in the middle surrounding the screens, in the middle of all that bland gray.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EmCeeGramr said:
Dude I don't think you understand, this thing was huge and chunky and didn't even fold up correctly. It wasn't "rounded and sleek," it was fat. You see the black plastic surrounding the screens? Some of the showfloor models had orange plastic in the middle surrounding the screens, in the middle of all that bland gray.

I just didn't like the release model as much.

The boxy depressions where the d-pad and buttons were? Wtf? Blech.

Black surrounding the top screen but not the bottom one? Blech.

Curved interior top half for no good reason? Blech.

Horribly angled exterior top half for no good reason? Blech.

The top half being shorter and smaller than the bottom half for no good reason (other than to look absolutely retarded)? Blech.

Horrible mic placement? Ugh.

I just hated how angular and mismatched the whole thing was. At least the prototype was somewhat consistent, the black surrounding both screens should have been kept imo.

Drewsy said:
the whole thing is fucking horrible...

admit it
I just got an email from Iwata. He read your post, and he admits it, the whole thing is horrible. DSi is canceled, Nintendo is leaving the industry and disbanding.

Kujo

2 Questions:

Does it come with a thumb stylus again like the original DS?

How big is the onboard memory?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If Iwata suddenly decides to register a NeoGAF account and start reading at exactly this post, let me say...

I'd pay for a DSi with a GBA slot, even if it were 3mm thicker.

HUELEN10

QUICK! IS THE D-PAD A MUSHY, A CLICKY, OR A TIGHTY?

aka DS lite, Gbasp/DS, and Game Boy Micro

Which is it?

Can it do diagonals WELL?

Jonnyram

I'm interested in what people think of the new sound quality. Supposedly the new speakers are louder and better. DSi Ware isn't kicking off until December, so sound would be the only reason I'd want this right now. Not that I'd be able to find one, mind you!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
gaf sucks on the dsi browser. takes too long to load shit. im posting with my dsi now.

when does that animation program come out?

anywho im taking a dump at the moment so ill catch you guys later.

Top Bottom