• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN reveals SOME Revolution specs!

kenta said:
Someone want to PM me when this whole thing is done and over with? I don't want to wade through the Photoshops and corny jokes and catchphrases and exclamation points, I just want to know what ends up happening.

Maybe we could set up a PM distribution list for after these cockteases.
Try this.

Its obviously a disguised april fools joke, which if most people dont know by now april fools now runs anywhere from 3-5 days before april 1.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Probationsmack said:
Its obviously a disguised april fools joke, which if most people dont know by now april fools now runs anywhere from 3-5 days before april 1.

Does IGN do this shit every year? I'm not ruling out the possibiilty, especially the way he phrased it.

Fantasmo

JESUS! STOP with the speculation and specification posting explosion!

Only when we see the games will we be able to judge whether Nintendo will succeed or not. We all know for a fact that it will be anti-cutting edge and instead SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR NEW STYLES OF PLAY.

Prediction: GAF implodes as if it didn't already know. Damage control and crow eating until E3 or Release Day.

Where's that MAF breathing thread?

What time is Lost on?

I'm gonna go to my room and probably fall asleep. But if any of you kind folk wants to send me a text message when something goes down (you could use www.cbfsms.com) I'd be most grateful and come and rejoin the fun.

junkster said:
JESUS! STOP with the speculation and specification posting explosion!

Only when we see the games will we be able to judge whether Nintendo will succeed or not. We all know for a fact that it will be anti-cutting edge and instead SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR NEW STYLES OF PLAY.

Prediction: GAF implodes as if it didn't already know. Damage control and crow eating until E3 or Release Day.

Where's that MAF breathing thread?

You don't get it. Xbox fans have their new system to play. Playstation fans have all kinds of media to drool over. Nintendo fans have speculation, and boy do we like to speculate. :)

snatches

Mindless speculation because I can't resist:

IBM 2.4GHZ Single Core Power PC
ATI 1800XT based graphics
256mb of system RAM (developers complained enough so Nintendo agrees)
512mb of flash memory standard for OS and Virtual Console
SD card and Gamecube memory card support + USB 2.0
REVmote has evolved force feedback support

Ports would be possible and relatively painless on this machine at 854X480 16:9 resolution.

Beezy said:
Another thread about one of Matt's announcements? *smakcs forehead*

Haha. He is one of the most powerful journalists in the videogame industry. He can change the attention of the internet with a single gif, after all.

koam

IGN's info over the past year has been complete shit. They keep reporting exclusive rumor games that never happen, and then, later on they say the rumored game the dev was working on was canned. (It's been done a few times, my best recollection of this was Rebel Strike x on the Xbox).

They showcased the revolution "specs" a few months ago (someone posted them above) only to more recently talk about how the devkits now are closer to the real power of the rev and the ones before were just gamecubes with a revmote. Today, they're claiming they have real specs. So what does that make their old specs? I call BS.

Matt said to expect big things from Nintendo at GDC. So Brain Training which we knew about, Zelda DS which was already announced but never shown, Sega on VC which has been rumored for ages and Hudson (Which was new) constitutes as "big" news?

About a month or so back, they ran an article entitled "Hands-on the rev devkit". Matt is a huge attention whore when it comes to these things and he'll post pictures of everything. NOT A SINGLE PICTURE in the article. No only that, no specs info whatsoever was given, the wired controller info was well known and of course, the biggest question: "What's an IGN editor doing with a devkit"? I'm guessing that some crappy rd party simply told them what it looked like and matt ran it as his own.

Beezy

TheKingsCrown said:
Haha. He is one of the most powerful journalists in the videogame industry. He can change the attention of the internet with a single gif, after all.

Drinky made this board go crazy just by saying "believe". :p

Trurl

Banned
citrus lump said:
Oh God! Don't say his name, or he'll appear. :(
I like Drinky Crow.
Besides, after the JackFrost fiasco he has lost much of his power. He needs to come clean about it being a hoax or hire a pr person to help fix his image.

I'm going to bed in a minute. If any of you feel like texting me a brief summary via www.cbfsms.com its 4477849196617

I won't be taking phone calls tonight, you can prank me tomorrow. I know I've only got the phone for a few more days thats why I'm not bothered giving it out :)

Gnight all! Hope its worth it!

Trurl said:
I like Drinky Crow.
Besides, after the JackFrost fiasco he has lost much of his power. He needs to come clean about it being a hoax or hire a pr person to help fix his image.

You blew it.

He'll attract flies, and by flies I mean MAF and drohne. ;p

element

snatches said:
IBM 1.4GHZ Single Core Power PC
ATI x1600 based graphics
256mb of system RAM (developers complained enough so Nintendo agrees)
SD card and Gamecube memory card support + USB 2.0
REVmote has evolved force feedback support
fixed :D

Trurl

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
DRINKY CROW I SUMMON THEE, THE NINTARDS ARE GAINING STRENGTH

catdance.gif

"Put your trust in me. I, and I alone, can save you."

Someone needs to make a .gif of the Bat Signal with the bat replaced by the dancing kitty's sillhoette.

If only I had the skillz :(

cabel

Trurl said:
I like Drinky Crow.

Not to derail, but does anyone want to give me the 10-second summary on "The Jack Frost Fiasco"? (Which, by the way, would make a great band name?)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
cabel said:
Not to derail, but does anyone want to give me the 10-second summary on "The Jack Frost Fiasco"? (Which, by the way, would make a great band name?)
jackfrost is/was drinky crow

snatches

cabel said:

Drinky Crow = JackFrost = Andrew Vestal

human5892

Queen of Denmark
cabel said:
JackFrost, in order to comply with multiple account amnesty day, reveals that he is Drinky Crow, but that he is keeping his Drinky Crow identity and electing to have JackFrost banned.

element

snatches said:
Would IBM even be able to produce such an old architecture CPU cost effectively?
yeah. they have lots of time since they aren't fabbing Apple CPUs anymore. Hell, get one of the fab plants in singapore to do it.

i don't think drinky is jackfrost.

snatches

element said:
yeah. they have lots of time since they aren't fabbing Apple CPUs anymore. Hell, get one of the fab plants in singapore to do it.

i don't think drinky is jackfrost.

I still think for efficiency sake it will be a more commonly used architecture, but now you have me doubting myself.

mrroboto

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised to see : Saturn and Dreamcast downloadable games, a Nintendo Revolution hard drive, Pilot Wings Revolution and something with Microsoft.

I really think Nintendo and MS may still pull something off together that will mutually benefit them both.

Top Bottom