• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The FTC Trial Unmasks Xbox’s Ambitions

This is the cold hard truth that a lot of people have been saying for a long time but get called console warriors or Sony ponies or whatever the hell else.

People have been warning about how Microsoft and their business practices are a danger to the video game industry. Game pass the best deal in gaming? No, it’s a race to the lowest common denominator, keep people subscribed at all costs, push out mediocre content as fast as possible service that will devalue video games and dissuade developers from making great games with great effort.

Buying publishers? Promising multiplats? Anyone with a brain can see through that nonsense as being purely anti-competitive and trying to force their competitors out.

Microsoft should go third party themselves, or even better, dissolve Xbox and piss off right out of the industry before they ruin it forever.
Most retarded dumb take. People like you are the reason gaming community so toxic and generally considered stupid by people looking from outside.

You want PS to have no competition. Just Sony dominate and do whatever they want. Anyone who supports you is not a gamer, he a shill.

Gamepass offers lot of quality stuff as well. Starfield, Hellblade, forza, gears, RDR2 and many more exist in games pass. Service offer all kind of games, you ps fanboys will love if Sony offers quality games dayone on PS now. Just coz Sony not doing it that means its bad.

From what I understand the judges already saw this information it's just people are getting this info from behind and some are acting like this info is new to the regulators but they already knew. So if that's true they were ok with all of this based on their latest ruling which has little to do with any of these news reveals.

If Microsoft toned down the cloud talk they may have let it pass the first time, crazy stuff.
Yes, too much cloud nonsense created issues for them.

It sucks seeing what Xbox turned into after the Xbox 360 gen.

I think they should have moved on from Phil and Matt, get some fresh faces in their with a new vision. All there problems would have disappeared if they could have just consistently delivered good games.
You do know phill works as per policies of Satya Nadella.

Ms has strong gaming lineup for future. Starfield is beginning of it

Last edited:
Most retarded dumb take. People like you are the reason gaming community so toxic and generally considered stupid by people looking from outside.

You want PS to have no competition. Just Sony dominate and do whatever they want. Anyone who supports you is not a gamer, he a shill.

Gamepass offers lot of quality stuff as well. Starfield, Hellblade, forza, gears, RDR2 and many more exist in games pass. Service offer all kind of games, you ps fanboys will love if Sony offers quality games dayone on PS now. Just coz Sony not doing it that means its bad.
Xbox hasn’t been a real competitor for a very long time. Them being around has not negatively impacted playstation since maybe the early PS3 days.

Them being gone means nothing to playstation because sony still needs to convince people to play their games and consoles weather Xbox is around or not, they still need to deliver quality products to make money.

Last edited:
Xbox hasn’t been a real competitor for a very long time. Them being around has not negatively impacted playstation since maybe the early PS3 days.

Them being gone means nothing to playstation because sony still needs to convince people to play their games and consoles weather Xbox
Is around or not, they still need to deliver quality products to make money.
Sure buddy. Sony still considered Xbox direct competition and makes policies keeping them in mind.

You dont see it coz you dont know what you talking about.

Crayon

This is the cold hard truth that a lot of people have been saying for a long time but get called console warriors or Sony ponies or whatever the hell else.

People have been warning about how Microsoft and their business practices are a danger to the video game industry. Game pass the best deal in gaming? No, it’s a race to the lowest common denominator, keep people subscribed at all costs, push out mediocre content as fast as possible service that will devalue video games and dissuade developers from making great games with great effort.

Buying publishers? Promising multiplats? Anyone with a brain can see through that nonsense as being purely anti-competitive and trying to force their competitors out.

Microsoft should go third party themselves, or even better, dissolve Xbox and piss off right out of the industry before they ruin it forever.

aaa18222c098ac348525254127a973cd.gif

First it was Mattricks fault, now it’s Nadella. So what does Phil Spencer do, just sit around and put his foot in his mouth on gaming podcasts?
Im talking overall companies policies like games everywhere, cloud and sub subscription services.

Phil hard work paying off. We gonna get new AAA ip like Starfield this fall is just the beginning. Next year we got Hellblade 2,Avowed and more. What Sony got next year?

How many Yakuza and persona games xbox got during 360 gen? None. Lol

How many 1st party RPGs 360 had? None.

All 360 had were shooters from 1st party, rest were timed exclusives.

Last edited:
Why the fuck do they need a "contigiency plan" if we were being led to believe everything was rosy at xbox prior to them agreeing a deal to purchase Activision?
Even better, MS is easily winning this console war with the best sales and Indiepass!

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Serious question:

Do you feel like Playstation and/or Nintendo have their own complement of media stooges like Xbox has?

I don't feel like you see such obvious propagandists anywhere else in gaming.

Every platform has serious fanboys but in terms of significant media who seem to almost shill for them they don't seem to have nearly as much.

They could try and make good games with their other 20+ studios Ryan. A radical idea, I know.
This is it. It’s clear that things are a fucking mess over there with their current studios because there is hardly any output after years of having studios.

They would realise that if they get their shit straight and start putting out the games they keep talking about, their sales will increase as will their market presence.

Like you say, radical idea according to them.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Serious question:

Do you feel like Playstation and/or Nintendo have their own complement of media stooges like Xbox has?

I don't feel like you see such obvious propagandists anywhere else in gaming.
I'm not very informative about the Nintendo space, but I've not found a "journalist" that shills for PlayStation.

DryvBy

Got some bad news for you then.
I explained this better later but it still stands. Companies have to earn my money. I'm not going to become their bootlicker and allow them to not make good games for the sake of the brand. Make bad products? I'll move on until you make good ones.

damiank

Im talking overall companies policies like games everywhere, cloud and sub subscription services.

Phil hard work paying off. We gonna get new AAA ip like Starfield this fall is just the beginning. Next year we got Hellblade 2,Avowed and more. What Sony got next year?

How many Yakuza and persona games xbox got during 360 gen? None. Lol

How many 1st party RPGs 360 had? None.

All 360 had were shooters from 1st party, rest were timed exclusives.
Iirc Microsoft didn't want Yakuza when SEGA wanted to release it.

Also Atlus released at least three games on 360, and two of them were Persona games.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

An excerpt from what is a rare good read from IGN. Looks like the media is slowly smelling the BS which Xbox/Phil and Co. have been spouting over the years. I also wonder what Ryan McAffrey makes of this?

About Time GIF

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
For those who don't want to click, his contingency plans are:
  • Plan #1 - Buy Square Enix
  • Plan #2 - Buy Capcom
  • Plan #3 - Buy Ubisoft
  • Plan #4 - Invest in internal mobile gaming studios
So nothing about games. Just acquire something!

Disappointed Malcolm In The Middle GIF by Malcolm France

You're lying! Right? I don't want to click on his article, but he didn't really say those 4 things did he?

Nvzman

I fully agree with this at this point.
Its sad, prior to Kinect and all the moronic decisions Microsoft made afterwards, Xbox was genuinely a great brand. It had strong exclusives, some genuine talent behind the scenes, and had a cool social focus that was cutting edge with Xbox Live. For the past 13 years though, Xbox has basically been floundering around, I think basically just Forza is all they have at this point. Nothing they have coming out looks like it has the same level of quality assurance as Sony, its basically like MS just said "Yea yea this looks fine just push it out sometime soon". With all this information coming out too, thats almost exactly what MS is doing. They genuinely do not give a fuck about providing anything to the consumer, just making sure the consumer has no other option BUT to go to MS.

And you are just as dense as you are claiming other users as being. Its not "PS fanboys" its anyone whos aware that Microsoft has a known history of buying their way to the top without any care in the world in earning that spot for the consumer. If SEGA came out and said they were making consoles again I'd 100% flock to that shit in a heartbeat. I own a Series X, PS5, and Switch, and I mainly just play games on PC anyway. So as someone who isn't really biased, yea what Microsoft is doing here is mega shitty and its not fanboyism, if anything DEFENDING it is some hardcore fanboying.

I fully agree with this at this point.
Its sad, prior to Kinect and all the moronic decisions Microsoft made afterwards, Xbox was genuinely a great brand. It had strong exclusives, some genuine talent behind the scenes, and had a cool social focus that was cutting edge with Xbox Live. For the past 13 years though, Xbox has basically been floundering around, I think basically just Forza is all they have at this point. Nothing they have coming out looks like it has the same level of quality assurance as Sony, its basically like MS just said "Yea yea this looks fine just push it out sometime soon". With all this information coming out too, thats almost exactly what MS is doing. They genuinely do not give a fuck about providing anything to the consumer, just making sure the consumer has no other option BUT to go to MS.

And you are just as dense as you are claiming other users as being. Its not "PS fanboys" its anyone whos aware that Microsoft has a known history of buying their way to the top without any care in the world in earning that spot for the consumer. If SEGA came out and said they were making consoles again I'd 100% flock to that shit in a heartbeat. I own a Series X, PS5, and Switch, and I mainly just play games on PC anyway. So as someone who isn't really biased, yea what Microsoft is doing here is mega shitty and its not fanboyism, if anything DEFENDING it is some hardcore fanboying.
What mega shitty. PS still getting all Activision games. Im going based on legal agreement they offered not verbal promises.

More players play COD under MS and less under Activision.

Activision will not release on Nintendo and Geforce now but MS will based on legal agreements.

So, what im thinking, you are a selfish PS fanboy, who want PS continue to get special treatment when it comes to COD, you want early access, exclusive maps and other content. You dont want players to have options how they get access to CoD and you also dont want more platforms to play CoD, you just want things to remain as it is where PS is on top with no competition and they continue to practice all the anti consumer nonsense to hurt competition. You hate change i get it

Last edited:

Nvzman

What mega shitty. PS still getting all Activision games. Im going based on legal agreement they offered not verbal promises.

Activision will not release on Nintendo and Geforce now but MS will based on legal agreements.

So, what im thinking, you are a selfish PS fanboy, who want PS continue to get special treatment when it comes to COD, you want early access, exclusive maps and other content. You dont want players to have options how they get access to CoD and you also dont want more platforms to play CoD, you just want things to remain as it is where PS is on top with no competition and they continue to practice all the anti consumer nonsense to hurt competition. You hate change i get it
I never said anything about cod and activision, you should probably read what I'm saying, its not helping your case.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

You want PlayStation gamers to support this acquisition that creates a direct risk for them? If they don't support it, they are "selfish?"

Regarding exclusive content, you should blame Microsoft that declined Activision's offer.

91n2C0f.jpg

DrFigs

Just like Playstation gamers are now getting all these great new Bethesda games right?

Kataploom

Gold Member
Oh no, company wants to make money, HOW DARE THEY?

No, seriously, I won't believe anyone "surprised" by companies doing dirt shit to dominate, Sony has been doing so since forever, they barely got a foot in this industry and were already doing dirt shit. So does Nintendo.

If people think third party exclusivity for Xbox is bad, so should be said for Sony, they've done it in spades far more than MS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom