• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In celebration of Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary, GAF Plays: Final Fantasy games

Going back to FFXIII after 7 years I'm actually surprised how well it holds up.
It looks amazing. Tbh I think I get a better sense of awe on the Archlyte Steppe with the Guis and flying beasts and that huge titan thing in the distance than I did from anything in FFXV.
The battle system is awesome too. And I love that the end-game content/trophies are hard as fuck, I'm really going to feel like I earned my Platinum.

Admittedly I've probably forgotten how boring some of the early game content is.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Trying to open all of the Battle Sims from the Grand Cup: Hard. Mega Tonberry and Shady Duo are making this a super pain. They almost always win against everything, so it's incredibly difficult to encounter new fights unless you start against them. I till have 9 left and haven't unlocked one in 3 cups.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
9jw3UEb.jpg
f5xaLMX.jpg

Immediately upon landing dreams of exploring fancy new upper parts of Midgar are dashed as Mr Meows says they gotta head underground to avoid Heidegger. -_-

F1c1fTT.jpg

Right after the ladder climb down they're attacked by Manhole! Weak but annoying enemy since like the Ghosts from forever ago it tends ta disappear after being hit so you gotta stagger your attacks. Or have This equip her ultimate weapon and one shot it!

Xf4r6bz.jpg
XtUPJRO.jpg

This places zoomed out camera makes it feel pretty large. Its also loaded with goodies! And enemy mechs! Which This also utterly destroys with Added Cut+Deathblow and Elemental+Lightning combos on her weapon! Although since her deathblow animation is a kick and her weapon is equipped to her fists the question of "how does that work" is raised!

yYD44BD.jpg

Here's the Sneak Attack materia in action! But why Mr Meows? Shouldn't it be the enemy thats caug... cought(??) by surprise? Having Comet linked to its prolly not the best idea since that drains the heck outta MP!

AmHJTzQ.jpg
VJN57xN.jpg

This place is home to lotsa ladder climbing action and the natural habitat of Behemoth! Just like in the arena they hit hard and die fast.

O4YYggD.jpg
TUfl0KD.jpg

Crawling through a vent leads 'em to the tunnels! These look familiar... as does this situation. Way back during the second reactor bombing mission forward was the way to go as it is here. But if ya run backwards...

gAKWwXX.jpg
UQzyYfS.jpg

7... no, its double this time. So go back 14 screens and you'll find!? A save point! And W-Item materia! This materia lets a character use two items in one go! Handy huh? Where'd all those elixir and growing stock of megalixir and hero drinks come from? Don't worry about it >.>;

9mawqyU.jpg

After retreading those 14 screens the party is back on track and moving in the right direction and... now what?

pOUsAjX.jpg
q5LY5vj.jpg

QILj34B.jpg
gcsKYCl.jpg

Why now? Why at all??? Their last encounter was supposed to be on that downed plane! Not only did these jerks bring down the Sector 7 plate, but they're also liars!!

egcZKnB.jpg

Avoiding fights and taking prisoners is normally the way ta go... but these jerks are due some pain!

Ol2lghX.jpg

The Turks really musta expected What and the others ta go pacifist on 'em, otherwise how the heck is this pre-emptive possible o_O?

fTBjv6y.jpg
GsNoGKS.jpg

Rude. Reno. How many times have they been fought seperately and together now? A bunch. However Elena joins the battle this time to shake things up! She can switch between the front & back rows and try to confuse people among other things. Like her partners she's got something real valuable to steal! Once they've all been robbed, they go down to Quadra Magic+Ultima mwahaha!

aBhpA4K.jpg
jv1no7V.jpg

Just ahead of that fight is an opening towards the left side of the tunnel for once, and the right side as usual. Continuing right leads ta two more options. Right which is a dead end and left which leads to...!! Sector 0... Shinra HQ.

9mOxqLg.jpg

There is new stuff here but not in the form of baddies. Clearly.

Aze94n4.jpg

What is new is that they can finally grab the contents of the chests in the gift shop!

JrjGpQt.jpg

Most of the ordinary employees who were around before are no longer there and can ya blame 'em? This bloody mess from forever ago still hasn't been cleaned up! wtf

1JqwMI9.jpg

What tried buying from this machine way back when an got ripped off. He tried hitting the machine but an employee made him back off. No ones around now, so he gives it a kick an gets a couple items from it!

GfQLzr4.jpg
Opn1m7k.jpg

And in those lockers in the back, Mr Meows ultimate weapon is discovered! Wait... but What discovered it on the first visit here! Why oh why didn't he take it back then? The fool!

xfPNren.jpg
nfW0JBr.jpg

Down in the big old storage area all the partitions blocking each room are gone, an the party can walk right in to snag a Glow Lance! Which is actually the Grow Lance!

zrA9Nnu.jpg

Aaannnddd I wanna say 4 screens down stairwell hell is a new weapon for FF XIII because why not.

u4YjUxK.jpg
58ACg2c.jpg

Finally outta those tunnels and back into Sector 8 proper! The party gets greeted with a surprise!

q48CdBY.jpg
6hsA0Jn.jpg

Uhhh, how they do against that? They can't be serious. What single handedly trashed one of these things at the Battle Arena ffs!

LmooZVl.jpg
NdmU6E5.jpg

The party knows they can win without breaking a sweat so they toy around with it. The things attacks are pretty darn weak even without barriers up. Even that big gun on its back just does eh damage. Breaking off its chest plate doesn't really change the fight but it does give ya extra exp an stuff. The main bodies got a truckload of HP but when This's Added Cut+Deathblow combo is doing at least a 6th of its HP theres no worries here about who'll win!

ES03d6Q.jpg
Ud7JgG6.jpg

The Proud Clod explodes seemingly taking Scarlet and Heidegger along with it. Good riddance I say! After the battle it starts raining which makes for a nice effect!

dMmxiTM.jpg

And... big old multi-part mechs can be encountered! Being just a normal enemy its no threat but neat all the same!

XKBwega.jpg
dRx00GB.jpg

Both Mr Meows and Dracula are in the area? Fine, fine. I'll bring 'em along. However one thing before that.

ADhyGnY.jpg

Okay two things because baddies! SOLDIER 1st Class are here! They're strong, maybe? Go down in a hit or two so whatevs. Why even show up? The 3rd Class dudes are the only ones we felt threatened by back before we were vastly overpowered.

4nheaqc.jpg
3mpdZuT.jpg

Theres also XCANNON! Cannons mounted on a cannon? It sits there doing nothing giving plenty of time to destroy it but the party waited to see what its countdown was all about. Cool looking attack but that damage is just so, so sad.

NLeBGh7.jpg
6E9W1EZ.jpg

If you enter this screen with You in the party a chest containing his ultimate weapon will be here. If he's not in the party and you progress to the end of this section, you miss out on it for good. Its the ultimate fuck you to the player!

VWLk7dl.jpg

Finally Hojo and the cannons controls have been reached! But how'll they stop him?

SilverArrow20XX

Just beat Major Numerus for the first time and he dropped 2 Enterprises, 5 Iron Dukes, and 1 Invincible. I'd say I'm set for any future playthroughs. I also beat Auron just before fighting him. The final entries of my Creature Creator and my Battle Simulator lists.

Even better, Seymour beat Trema this tournament, so I don't need to waste 30 minutes killing him.

Edit:
FyYXA4c.jpg

Total Playtime: 199:45 for both playthroughs.
I've also unlocked the ability to immediately end the game at any point and move to another New Game Plus by watching Shinra's ending in the Bestiary. Not sure what that's useful for at this point.
Now on to Last Mission and the Platinum.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
umR07XG.jpg

Hojo's goal in firing another huge beam of light Sephiroths way is not to hurt him but to help him. That same light which ripped through Weapon and wrecked the barrier. Thats going to "help" him. Right...

WkAKINP.jpg
I6AtfwY.jpg

Sheesh! First he can't remember What's name, then he calls him a moron! Then suddenly says maybe What could be a scientist? Professor What... nah that doesn't fit at all!

iRT6RNs.jpg

What, please stop being a moron an try to keep up with the rest of the class. Dracula's standing right there and through him you should already know who's the father.

uWcpOhr.jpg
vONK6Wq.jpg

It took Dracula how many years ta come to this realization...??

1DSoqLv.jpg

Hojo thinks that injecting Jenova cells into himself puts him on the partys level or higher. Realistically crushing him would be a simple task, but he's got that Jenova theme playing an thats not something ya wanna cut short!

eT47LBV.jpg

Utilizing Capsule Corp. technology he can call out a pair of monsters ta fight beside him, and revive/full heal them. So ignore them an put the hurt on him!

imWQDcI.jpg

After abit he'll turn into this thing. Which can barely stand up straight and I guess could potentially launch an attack? Could take out its arms or just go straight for the main body.

oCqO4LA.jpg
9Tknv29.jpg

Once in this form ya could defeat him without pressing a button if you've got decently leveled Counter Attack materia. Dudes got a 4 hit combo an each one of those hits can be countered!

8hc0yhr.jpg

But I think its only right an fair that Dracula make use of that limit he's been holding onto this whole time and get the finishing blows via chainsaw! Rip and tear!

PQWzozv.jpg

Yeah... about that. Ahhh nevermind!

YRhJqGg.jpg
9e6GSVw.jpg

Shinra's finished and theres around a week left until that giant space rock rams into the planet. What figures they'll either beat Sephiroth and maybe Holy will save the world or they'll lose to him an just die before everyone else.

8pLE6RH.jpg
KaKZ7ET.jpg

He then decides ta kick everyone off the ship! To go visit their friends and family an decide if they got a reason to continue the fight alongside him or not.

taeVWcq.jpg

Everyone aside from This takes off since she's homeless. Which... wait she bought that villa in Costa del Sol! Which is right around the block from Johnny's home, who if he isn't a friend is at least an acquaintence of hers! She's not alone or homeless!

cqtAjVJ.jpg

Her motive for sticking arounds just ta hang around What more. Coulda just said so to begin with!

Gt8hzev.jpg
UQzIURe.jpg

Why are they sleeping on the ground in the most uncomfortable positions when they're lugging around a load of Tents! Its no wonder What wants ta get up asap, he's prolly all achey. But This is just a sleepyhead! No day ever comes again!

h6UMYdj.jpg

Back on the ship What declares he'll keep things lively even if its just the two of 'em, an as pilot they'll be zooming around with disregard for safety!

j86Ct1D.jpg
4lKPOSJ.jpg
R0lyiJt.jpg

Aww, looks like he won't get to be the pilot. You and FF XIII returning is no surprise, an I guess not Goddamn T either. He acted as leader for a brief stint an overall seems commited to the cause.

tm2vUhl.jpg
A1X4m9b.jpg

??? Something lost in translation here? I dun get it.

FIZEEO8.jpg
ABZwVEw.jpg

Dracula came back to! Now that he knows he's got a personality problem maybe he'll start working on improving his.

MBkSIIG.jpg
tyq44bu.jpg

Mr Meows has been reactivated! Reeve allegedly wanted ta come fight in the flesh but couldn't quite escape from Midgar.

qU5tGv2.jpg

No Zenny?

peEqJ9l.jpg
t1aULWS.jpg

She's been hanging out on the ceiling just waiting ta drop down an chew out anyone who'd shit talk about her lol.

9e7qGlz.jpg
AyCDsPy.jpg

Thats right! While Look may have been alil strange its thanks to her that theres a slim chance of hope in saving the world! Gonna honor that memory by kicking some butt!

PJ1VtCz.jpg
h6bBI0p.jpg

Yeah! Lets go go go!!

U97ZFb3.jpg
lFthhN9.jpg

To commemorate this final mission, Goddamn T jettisons the airships propellers an engages the thrusters! The Highwind is speedy now!

WIid8EJ.jpg
zJtDX5A.jpg
9nY7q82.jpg

An thats a wrap on disc 2! 60 hours?! Who knew going around the world an chatting people up after major events would take so much time? Plus birds and other side stuffs! The conclusion is near, but a big endgame grind is coming up so I'm breaking the update every other day streak here cause thats gonna take some time!

drabnon

Well, after FFX, it only seemed natural to move on to FFXII: The Zodiac Age.

I loved it. Absolutely fantastic.

I. Story

First things first, Balthier is the fucking best. I think he might be my favorite Final Fantasy character ever (although I haven't played 4,5, and 6 yet so we'll have to see). I just love his attitude and his design. He truly was the leading man. I'm not so sure about his relationship with Fran, though. I felt that it could have been explored a little more. But yeah, Balthier is just so good.
I was really happy when they revealed he was alive at the end.
I was about to be super bummed even though it would have been a great death.

I also like most of the other cast members. Basch and Ashe are cool. I'm not sure about Vaan and Penelo, though. From what I read somewhere, Vaan was a late addition to the game and it really feels like it. He and Penelo feel so disconnected from the story. At times I was wondering, "why are you guys here again?" I get that they lost people in the war but it just felt like they could have been cut from the story and nothing would have really changed. Balthier is the true main character to me. Vaan also has the worst voice acting of the main cast other than Fran (at least in the English localization).

I reeaallly like what they did with Cid in this game. It was quite a shock to learn that
he's Balthier's father, and what's more, he's evil!
Is that a first for Final Fantasy? From the ones I have played, he's usually the gruff old guy with the airship.

I could have used more backstory for Vayne and Gabranth. Their stories weren't too surprising to me, and they didn't really come off as fleshed out characters.

Anyway, I found the story overall to be solid. The only thing I'm really confused about is
Vanet's motives. Apparently he just wanted the stone to be broken,
so what was the point of transforming Vayne into a monster at the end? After Ashe broke the stone, what is his motivation for sticking with Vayne? And I was also really confused at "Bahamut" being summoned, which turned out to be a huge ship.

II. Aesthetics

While this is obviously a PS2 game in terms of textures and all that, it is carried by its style. I fucking love all the air battles and sky pirates. It's a great theme for a game and it feels pretty steampunk to me, although I don't know if that's an accurate term here? Anyway, it's great. I do wish the game actually allowed you to sky pirate, but it's fine. I love the way all the ships look, and I like the creature designs. It's a very well realized world of Ivalice. And apparently the world is from a Final Fantasy Tactics game? Which I've never played so I might be missing out on some fanservice in that regard. Either way, the world is well crafted and I like how it looks. Good stuff.

III. Gameplay

Coming off of FFVII and FFX, the battle system in this game was quite a surprise. I like the lack of random battles. I like the greater accessibility this game offers (a big one being skippable cutscenes, thank god for that). The ability to have the map pop up on the screen and also to speed up to 2x or 4x are incredible quality-of-life improvements. I enjoy setting gambits, although it does feel a bit like auto-combat such as from an MMO, rather than something active. I want to ask here, was the gameplay well received when this game released? Because although I haven't played FFXIII before, I've seen a lot of criticism for the gameplay and this seems to be the series' first attempt at a blend of turn-based combat with real-time movement. I liked it, anyway. The mists are basically the overdrives/limit breaks for this game, and I like that you can chain them together to do extra damage. I did feel that the end of the game was a bit easy compared to the other Final Fantasies I've played, but maybe I was a bit overleveled (my characters were all around LV 50).

I like the open feel of the game. It's a huge step from FFX which was basically a long corridor (a very entertaining one, of course). I like the added "sidequests" and hunts that flesh out the world and expand the game.

IV. Music

I don't love the music in this game. It's serviceable but most of it doesn't really stand out. The most memorable ones I can think of are the boss battle songs, which have an appropriate amount of epic and pleasing melodies.

Overall a great game and a worthy addition to the FF series. If I had to rank how I feel about the ones I have played so far I would go FF7 > FFXII > FFX >FFXV. Still hoping to get to the classic ones eventually.

FFXIII end game content is proving to be even harder than I'd imagined.

Three trophies left, Treasure Hunter, killing a Shaolong Gui and 5 starring all the missions.

Struggling to kill the Guis even with a guide. Feel like I need stronger equipment, but the stuff I need to upgrade my equipment comes from Gui drops, so I'm kinda stuck.

How can I make myself better equipped to deal with the Guis??

Edit: I've spent two hours fighting them now, and only defeated one twice, and didn't get a drop either time. Fuck this. There must be an easier way? Someone please tell me there's an easier way.

Edit 2: Every battle I buff up, debuff the Gui, keep my health green, stagger it, get about half its health down and then it does Bay followed by Quake, and if that doesn't kill me, I rarely recover from it. Even Sen/Sen/Sen cant withstand it.

tonka

FFXIII end game content is proving to be even harder than I'd imagined.

Three trophies left, Treasure Hunter, killing a Shaolong Gui and 5 starring all the missions.

Struggling to kill the Guis even with a guide. Feel like I need stronger equipment, but the stuff I need to upgrade my equipment comes from Gui drops, so I'm kinda stuck.

How can I make myself better equipped to deal with the Guis??

Edit: I've spent two hours fighting them now, and only defeated one twice, and didn't get a drop either time. Fuck this. There must be an easier way? Someone please tell me there's an easier way.

Edit 2: Every battle I buff up, debuff the Gui, keep my health green, stagger it, get about half its health down and then it does Bay followed by Quake, and if that doesn't kill me, I rarely recover from it. Even Sen/Sen/Sen cant withstand it.

If it's actually the long gui you are fighting, then stop, it's the adamantoise enemies that you want to be farming for platinum ingots (money) and trapezohedrons (level 3 weapon upgrades)

If you've replaced them all with long gui, I think one will still spawn in eden at the place where the floor breaks and it falls through the first time you go there.
You'll need to fill the crystarium, get really high level 2 or level 3 weapons, and use the auto haste accessory along with maxed out strength or magic boosting accessories

And you should be using lightning for bravera and faithra instead of just brave and faith

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did my Excalibur II run (cheated by using no random encounters, skipped every FMV, and did lots of parts at 5X speed) in FF9. No problem. I'd actually say it's substantially easier than on PS1 anyway because of load times and no battle pans.

Currently 6,000 kills deep into the 10,000 kill achievement. Been trying to do it an hour or so at a time since the game has that bug that every few hundred battles you get a softlock. I think I probably have another 6-7 hours left at least. I've been doing it with 5X animation + an autohotkey script to run repeatedly into the left wall in the first room of Gizamaluke's Grotto + mash A ("X") every 10 miliseconds to get through the post-battle stuff. Everyone has Auto-Regen so the enemies can't possibly hurt me. Stupid achievement and I'm stupider for doing it.

If it's actually the long gui you are fighting, then stop, it's the adamantoise enemies that you want to be farming for platinum ingots (money) and trapezohedrons (level 3 weapon upgrades)

If you've replaced them all with long gui, I think one will still spawn in eden at the place where the floor breaks and it falls through the first time you go there.
You'll need to fill the crystarium, get really high level 2 or level 3 weapons, and use the auto haste accessory along with maxed out strength or magic boosting accessories

And you should be using lightning for bravera and faithra instead of just brave and faith

Going back to this game after 7 years is SO confusing! I remember very little about the map/layout beyond the archlyte steppe.
I have no idea where Eden is I'm afraid.

I've been fighting the shaolong gui for dark matters, and I can now beat those 50% of the time.

Another huge problem I have is that I need to go back and 5 star some of the cieth missions but I can't find the stones.
Number 39, it says is in the faultwarrens, so I followed a map to the faultwarrens but I can't find it.
I can't find a step by step guide anywhere, I read something about titans trials, which I did 7 years ago, and have zero clue how to get back to them now.

All the guides and videos just show the fight itself. Not how to get to the stone. Can't find a map or any directions whatsoever, it's driving me nuts.
Edit: think I found it. Followed what looked like a dead end on the map but it wasn't. Very confusing that the maps don't show the next areas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's the best way to find and beat Malboros in Final Fantasy VIII? These things are a motherfucker.

Find: Island Closest to Heaven/Hell
Beat: Be as low level as possible [although I believe to get the tentacles for DoomTrain they need to be a certain level], like most enemies in the game. Junction spells to prevent status abnormalities (I think Esuna or Pain is best -- and I think you can stack with the ability to junction multiple spells to stat defence). And then use Quistis' Degenerator for an instant kill or draw Demi from Malboro and cast it to knock it down to the point you can kill it physically.

Find: Island Closest to Heaven/Hell
Beat: Be as low level as possible [although I believe to get the tentacles for DoomTrain they need to be a certain level], like most enemies in the game. Junction spells to prevent status abnormalities (I think Esuna or Pain is best -- and I think you can stack with the ability to junction multiple spells to stat defence). And then use Quistis' Degenerator for an instant kill or draw Demi from Malboro and cast it to knock it down to the point you can kill it physically.
Guess I got to find the item for Degenerator and a monster that carries Pain. I usually have Degenerator by now (bout to board Lunatic Pandora). Can't help the low level thing as my Squall is at 81 right now.

Last time I went for Doomtrain I just got lucky with Odin lol

But the intended strat is status-defense junctions as mentioned haha

I had over 72% protection with Quistis and I was still getting statused up. I didn't realize the Black Holes I had were for her so I gave her Degen then put Pandemona on her with initiative and Alert. Got my tentacles, but lost to an Elyonle in Esthar by double KO. I'm pretty pissed right now.

So I just wasted all this time and lost a Rank doing the Shumi Village quest just for a Phoenix Pinion. Ugh, I feel cheated. It looks like there's more to this quest, but I feel like calling it quits. Easily one of the worst sidequests in the Final Fantasy series.

sphinx

the piano man
so I am back on my way to getting FFX's platinum, couple of questions.

.- I have 10 of each monster arena beast but Nemesis doesn't appear. Do I have to kill each of the area/special/original creations at last once? or how do I unlock it?

.- I am very near getting 99 dark matters that I could use to produce equipment with ribbon but I can't make up my mind about what else should I put in there. what are the absolute must-haves to be able to beat Penance and Nemesis? I've beaten half of the dark aeons and 4 complete sphere grids so I am assuming I don't have much else to prepare for.

.- I haven't used Rikku's mixes at all.. but would like to start using her. What are the 2 or 3 best mixes for the harder dark aeons?

thanks for any help.

SOLDIER

Me: "I hope they give Tifa a more modest makeover. They don't need to make her flat, just a reasonably proportioned hottie that doesn't look as ridiculous as her old FMV render."

Fans: "Smaller than this, and we riot."

Omake%2BGif%2BAnime%2B-%2BOccultic%253BNine%2B-%2BEpisode%2B4%2B-%2BRyouka%2BJumps.gif

SilverArrow20XX

Started FFX-2 Last Mission today. This is not fun so far. I'm on floor 7 and I've already lost a few Dresspheres and I've been finding nothing but crap. All of my DSs are in critical HP and I have no way to heal. There are drakes everywhere that hit hard and from ridiculous range. It seems like this game may just be impossible without getting lucky on what DSs you find.

Edit: After retreating to floor 1 twice, I finally started getting some good stuff. 1/2 damage for one brings damage down to a.....normal difficulty. Still though. Actually finding the dresspheres you need to level up is pretty rare so far. I've had more luck finding and using those Dressmaker items.

so I am back on my way to getting FFX's platinum, couple of questions.

.- I have 10 of each monster arena beast but Nemesis doesn't appear. Do I have to kill each of the area/special/original creations at last once? or how do I unlock it?

.- I am very near getting 99 dark matters that I could use to produce equipment with ribbon but I can't make up my mind about what else should I put in there. what are the absolute must-haves to be able to beat Penance and Nemesis? I've beaten half of the dark aeons and 4 complete sphere grids so I am assuming I don't have much else to prepare for.

.- I haven't used Rikku's mixes at all.. but would like to start using her. What are the 2 or 3 best mixes for the harder dark aeons?

thanks for any help.

Yes. You have to defeat all of the arena creations too.

Ribbon or Stone Proof is good for all of the Dark Aeons, since they have Stone Touch. No need to farm more ribbons. Auto Haste is a must. I also like to put Auto Protect and Defense + 20, but Auto Phoenix is another good choice instead of Defense + 20. This will work against everything in the game except Penance. Penance does not need status protection, and you're going to want Auto Potion instead (Get rid of all your Potions and Hi Potions so that X Potions are used.) With Auto Protect, Defense +20, and several Cheers at the start of battle, he won't ever one shot you, and you'll auto heal all that damage with potions. You'll also want a Three Stars for infinite MP during the fight.

I don't use Rikku much, but Ultra NulAll can be used at the start of the Penance battle instead of several Cheers. Trio of 9999 can also be used so that any potions can be used for full heals instead of just X Potions. I usually use her earlier in the game for Mighty Guard skills, but they lose their usefulness endgame with those armors.

SilverArrow20XX

Just got the Platinum for FFX-2. Last Mission was a lot longer than I expected. Ended up running about 17 hours. It started out extremely difficult, but with an Avoid Traps accessory and a few secret treasures, I was ridiculously over powered by the end.

vpnOldr.jpg

Now to listen to the Bonus Audio. I actually managed to refrain from listening to it until I was finished. Let's see if it's really so bad.

Edit: Okay, yeah. That was kinda bad. It was good at first, but then it gets kinda disjointed and just sort of stops.

I think I'll knock out a few more FFXIV trophies next.

sphinx

the piano man
Just got the Platinum for FFX-2

hey thanks for your answer to my post above,

I have beaten every enemy including Nemesis, minus Penance but that will be done today after work.

Nemesis was relatively easy, because attacks always dealt 99999 damage. when that's the case the battle will never last very long. the one moment that auto-life saved my ass was when it did the "armageddon" attack but everything else was very easily survivable. Its Ultima attack after every overdrive was cheap so I just spammed regular attacks in the end.

I have 4 complete sphere grids and have still 3 to fill. I am absolutely certain that after beating Penance I will clear all luck spheres and put MP spheres in their place, I am all for platinuming games but time is too valuable to waste it beating that earth eater monster countless times.

I was meaning to ask, how does the FFX-2 platinum compare to FFX's? is it longer/shorter, or harder/easier or more fun/more boring??

I know I'll play it probably in a year or even later but I'll going to try to platinum that game eventually.

SOLDIER

Just got the Platinum for FFX-2. Last Mission was a lot longer than I expected. Ended up running about 17 hours. It started out extremely difficult, but with an Avoid Traps accessory and a few secret treasures, I was ridiculously over powered by the end.

vpnOldr.jpg

Now to listen to the Bonus Audio. I actually managed to refrain from listening to it until I was finished. Let's see if it's really so bad.

Edit: Okay, yeah. That was kinda bad. It was good at first, but then it gets kinda disjointed and just sort of stops.

I think I'll knock out a few more FFXIV trophies next.

I've yet to try Last Mission.

Did they actually get the English cast back for the additional cutscenes? Last I checked, Last Mission had additional post-FFX-2 dialog, including a bit that strongly hints that

Yuna and Tidus had a baby

which seems to have been retconned (horribly) with the X-2.5 novel.

I'm going to wonder forever if they're ever going to follow up that story or just pretend it never happened. I heard the backlash from Japan was savage (and deservedly so).

SilverArrow20XX

I was meaning to ask, how does the FFX-2 platinum compare to FFX's? is it longer/shorter, or harder/easier or more fun/more boring??

I know I'll play it probably in a year or even later but I'll going to try to platinum that game eventually.

FFX took me 136 hours to Platinum.

I spent 200 hours on FFX-2 for both playthroughs combined and 17 hours on Last Mission.

I mastered all jobs on all girls though, which is completely unnecessary for the Platinum. Took around 30 hours. I later found out I grinded really inefficiently.

I also 100%ed the Creature Creator, which is also not required. You only need to get 1 Creature Ending out of the 185 in the game.

I also could have saved a ton of time by capturing all of the creatures from the Chocobo dungeons on my first playthrough. I had to farm 4 level 5 chocobos and reunlock the dungeons again on my second playthough.

I also did a second near 100% playthrough because I was anal about having all of the Treasure Spheres in Shinra's Dossier, and also spent many hours grinding Tournaments to encounter every Battle Simulator Fight.

If you are only going for the Platinum, it's shorter. I finished my first playthrough at 113 hours (including the job mastering), and was only missing the 99999 damage Trophy, which you can get from using Finale from the The End Garment Grid you get for completing the Bestiary (required for a Trophy) as long as you've never fled from battle. So you can get it easily right at the start of a second game.

I've yet to try Last Mission.

Did they actually get the English cast back for the additional cutscenes? Last I checked, Last Mission had additional post-FFX-2 dialog, including a bit that strongly hints that

Yuna and Tidus had a baby

which seems to have been retconned (horribly) with the X-2.5 novel.

I'm going to wonder forever if they're ever going to follow up that story or just pretend it never happened. I heard the backlash from Japan was savage (and deservedly so).

Yeah. It's all English voiced. It sounds weird right after playing FFX-2 because you can tell that the VAs are older. Especially Rikku. As for the spoiler, it only takes place 3 months after FFX-2, so that wouldn't make sense. There's this weird scene where Yuna says
she met someone, and that's why she's been staying in Besaid, and she gets embarrassed when Rikku asks who, and several seconds later Rikku deduces that Tidus had come back (She says something along the lines of "Ohhh, if HE's back...). This struck me as extremely odd since I assumed everyone knew Tidus was back.

Of course, going by the novel, by this point Tidus is already blitzeballed and Yuna's about to break up with him.......which directly contradicts LM where she says she's just been living quietly and happily with him in Besaid and wants to keep doing that. If there's ever a X-3, it'll probably ignore the novel though since it was so negatively received. The audio drama can be salvaged by putting it in different context. It's better to just count both as non canon if they're never gonna continue though. Some anniversary gift. Lets ruin the happily ever after ending and give you an out of nowhere cliffhanger. Bye.

sphinx

the piano man
Penance does not need status protection, and you're going to want Auto Potion instead (Get rid of all your Potions and Hi Potions so that X Potions are used.) With Auto Protect, Defense +20, and several Cheers at the start of battle, he won't ever one shot you, and you'll auto heal all that damage with potions. You'll also want a Three Stars for infinite MP during the fight.

I just tried and...how do you mean I don't need status protection? Penance's left arm just cast sleep, doom, curse and god knows what else on my party.

The thing is, only my Tidus seems to fair well against attacks,Yuna and Wakka (all three have 255 stats on everything) don't really stand a chance against that continuous "Obliteration" attack.

also, arms regenerate almost immediately...when am I supposed to attack the main body?

SilverArrow20XX

I just tried and...how do you mean I don't need status protection? Penance's left arm just cast sleep, doom, curse and god knows what else on my party.

The thing is, only my Tidus seems to fair well against attacks,Yuna and Wakka (all three have 255 stats on everything) don't really stand a chance against that continuous "Obliteration" attack.

also, arms regenerate almost immediately...when am I supposed to attack the main body?

Haha. I'm reminded of the first time I fought him on my imported FFX International. I saw those status affects, and went and manufactured Ribbon armors for everyone, and finally went to tackle him. Got to his second form, but then I just couldn't keep up. I had Ribbon instead of Auto Potion, and I couldn't ever attack him due to healing turns, and we just got stuck in an infinite stalemate.

If you do it right, the arms won't ever get a turn. Use nothing but Quick Hit to attack. Using a Three Stars at the start of the fight gives you 0 MP cost for the whole thing, so no worries there.

Next, you want to stagger when the arms die. It's key to keep them under control. They each have 500,000 HP. That's 6 hits each assuming you're Quick Hits are doing 99999, which they should be.

Kill, one arm then hit the other arm 5 times. Then attack Penance until the surviving arm is about to get a turn, then kill it. As long as you're careful you'll always be able to kill the arm before it goes.

When the other arm respawns, hit it 5 times, then attack Penance until the arm's turn comes up, and kill it.

It's extremely important that you have enough Luck to never miss. Just one miss can screw you.

In his second form, he'll start using Immolation occasionally. This will cast Armor Break on whoever it hits. You need to cast Dispel on this person immediately, otherwise they will be killed the next time they're hit. Otherwise, it's exactly the same as the first form.

You may be tempted to use limit breaks to make the fight go faster, but this will make it harder to keep track of the Arm's HP and you may accidentally kill one too fast. I've beaten him spamming Attack Reels before, but all it takes is one unluckily timed turn for both arms to spawn right as the body gets a turn and it's Judgement Day time.

sphinx

the piano man
Haha. I'm reminded of the first time I fought him on my imported FFX International. I saw those status affects, and went and manufactured Ribbon armors for everyone, and finally went to tackle him. Got to his second form, but then I just couldn't keep up. I had Ribbon instead of Auto Potion, and I couldn't ever attack him due to healing turns, and we just got stuck in an infinite stalemate.

If you do it right, the arms won't ever get a turn. Use nothing but Quick Hit to attack. Using a Three Stars at the start of the fight gives you 0 MP cost for the whole thing, so no worries there.

Next, you want to stagger when the arms die. It's key to keep them under control. They each have 500,000 HP. That's 6 hits each assuming you're Quick Hits are doing 99999, which they should be.

Kill, one arm then hit the other arm 5 times. Then attack Penance until the surviving arm is about to get a turn, then kill it. As long as you're careful you'll always be able to kill the arm before it goes.

When the other arm respawns, hit it 5 times, then attack Penance until the arm's turn comes up, and kill it.

It's extremely important that you have enough Luck to never miss. Just one miss can screw you.

In his second form, he'll start using Immolation occasionally. This will cast Armor Break on whoever it hits. You need to cast Dispel on this person immediately, otherwise they will be killed the next time they're hit. Otherwise, it's exactly the same as the first form.

You may be tempted to use limit breaks to make the fight go faster, but this will make it harder to keep track of the Arm's HP and you may accidentally kill one too fast. I've beaten him spamming Attack Reels before, but all it takes is one unluckily timed turn for both arms to spawn right as the body gets a turn and it's Judgement Day time.

yeah I just tried your strategy and it works, but it seems like there's cero room for mistakes, if any character dies at any point, it's over.

I used Tidus, Wakka and Rikku, the last two I used equipment just like you described plus several "cheers" but Tidus didn't have Defense + 20 and "Immolation" did just about 10300 damage, enough to kill him, so he died... it went downhill quickly after that.

I guess I'll try tomorrow again. I hope I don't run out of X-potions.. it 3 used every time it hits..

SilverArrow20XX

yeah I just tried your strategy and it works, but it seems like there's cero room for mistakes, if any character dies at any point, it's over.

I used Tidus, Wakka and Rikku, the last two I used equipment just like you described plus several "cheers" but Tidus didn't have Defense + 20 and "Immolation" did just about 10300 damage, enough to kill him, so he died... it went downhill quickly after that.

I guess I'll try tomorrow again. I hope I don't run out of X-potions.. it 3 used every time it hits..

Yeah. That Defense +20 is really mandatory for this strategy. X-Ptions you can get 60 of by bribing Valaha in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth for 174,000 gil. I went in with 99 just to be safe. You should only need 40-50 though. Yeah, a single mistake can definitely cost you the fight, but since it's turn based, you got all the time in the world to be careful. It's a 100% guaranteed win.

sphinx

the piano man
ok just one more thing... I made equipment for Tidus and now first phase is easy.

in the second Phase though, the Immolation attack at times deals 99999 damage and a character dies and then it gets very hard, I was managing to keep reviving my characters if they died, it seemed like I could go on fighting but then I missed killing an arm and it petrified and shattered Wakka.... so I turned it off.

what's the deal with immolation dealing 99999? how can I use this strategy when I'll be dying?

ok as I typed all this I just read I have to use dispel to get rid of armor break after being hit once.. I guess there's my answer.. right?

Since I have to borrow my brother's controller every night to play VIII, I feel like I'm just ready to be done with this game. I'm not sure how long I've been playing this my first post talking about VIII is somewhere in here, but I feel like if I had my own controller I would've beaten this game a couple weeks ago. I'm just tired of it at this point. I might not even bother getting Eden and fighting Omega Weapon even though I've never beaten him before.

SilverArrow20XX

ok as I typed all this I just read I have to use dispel to get rid of armor break after being hit once.. I guess there's my answer.. right?

Yep. That'll do it. You gotta dispel the Armor Break every single time he uses it. It'll make damaging him a lot slower than phase 1 because of the turns used on it, but it's foolproof.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SilverArrow's write up on Penance there is exactly consistent with my exhaustive research getting ready to fight it a few months ago.

sphinx

the piano man
one last thing before I try again,

what's the better overdrive mode? Stoic or Comrade??

on 2nd phase it takes quite long to charge the overdrive

or... should I just never use those attacks?

SOLDIER

FFX took me 136 hours to Platinum.

I spent 200 hours on FFX-2 for both playthroughs combined and 17 hours on Last Mission.

I mastered all jobs on all girls though, which is completely unnecessary for the Platinum. Took around 30 hours. I later found out I grinded really inefficiently.

I also 100%ed the Creature Creator, which is also not required. You only need to get 1 Creature Ending out of the 185 in the game.

I also could have saved a ton of time by capturing all of the creatures from the Chocobo dungeons on my first playthrough. I had to farm 4 level 5 chocobos and reunlock the dungeons again on my second playthough.

I also did a second near 100% playthrough because I was anal about having all of the Treasure Spheres in Shinra's Dossier, and also spent many hours grinding Tournaments to encounter every Battle Simulator Fight.

If you are only going for the Platinum, it's shorter. I finished my first playthrough at 113 hours (including the job mastering), and was only missing the 99999 damage Trophy, which you can get from using Finale from the The End Garment Grid you get for completing the Bestiary (required for a Trophy) as long as you've never fled from battle. So you can get it easily right at the start of a second game.

Yeah. It's all English voiced. It sounds weird right after playing FFX-2 because you can tell that the VAs are older. Especially Rikku. As for the spoiler, it only takes place 3 months after FFX-2, so that wouldn't make sense. There's this weird scene where Yuna says
she met someone, and that's why she's been staying in Besaid, and she gets embarrassed when Rikku asks who, and several seconds later Rikku deduces that Tidus had come back (She says something along the lines of "Ohhh, if HE's back...). This struck me as extremely odd since I assumed everyone knew Tidus was back.

Of course, going by the novel, by this point Tidus is already blitzeballed and Yuna's about to break up with him.......which directly contradicts LM where she says she's just been living quietly and happily with him in Besaid and wants to keep doing that. If there's ever a X-3, it'll probably ignore the novel though since it was so negatively received. The audio drama can be salvaged by putting it in different context. It's better to just count both as non canon if they're never gonna continue though. Some anniversary gift. Lets ruin the happily ever after ending and give you an out of nowhere cliffhanger. Bye.

I had read a fan translation way back that mentioned a baby. Maybe it was a goof on the translator's part.

FFX-2.5 is one of those things where I've had to literally block it out of my mind, because if I ever stopped and thought about it, I would be seriously angry.

I don't know what it is with Japanese writers and their desire to take an established story and tear it the fuck down with the sequel. They pulled the same crap with Chrono Cross, Eureka Seven, Parasite Eve, Evangelion Rebuild...the only time I saw it work was with Madoka Magica and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (because neither sequel didn't just wipe their ass with the happy endings of their predecessors).

Cynar

Started Final Fantasy XIII two days ago. So far, I am surprised, but positively. Beyond ultra fast battle system it's still old, good FF game. I like it. Damn, I really like.
That's how it starts. Then you realize the majority of the game is just one long corridor and you just want to push through to finish the story. It's easily the weakest game out of the entire final fantasy series.

SOLDIER

That's how it starts. Then you realize the majority of the game is just one long corridor and you just want to push through to finish the story. It's easily the weakest game out of the entire final fantasy series.

Not to mention a really squandered concept.

The idea of being the pawns of petty Gods is a great one. But when said Gods are tasking you with the most mundane and nonsensical shit like

Go find your dad

it take all the gravitas out of it.

Also I was recalling today how hyped I was about Jhill being the primary antagonist, the female Sephiroth to Lightning's Cloud.

which was the wetter fart, Jhill or Judge Drace?

SilverArrow20XX

one last thing before I try again,

what's the better overdrive mode? Stoic or Comrade??

on 2nd phase it takes quite long to charge the overdrive

or... should I just never use those attacks?

It's easier to just not use overdrives because you can easily keep track of the arm's HP that way and not accidentally kill any of them.

Alternatively, I think I used Warrior (it's been a long time). I only bothered with Wakka's Attack Reels. His gauge would fill pretty fast from doing 99999 damage. Then I'd spam attack reels whenever it was full. Usually both arms would get killed before anything got a turn, and there would also be a lot of damage on Penance. It's a faster strategy. Just attack the arms with everyone else too with Quick Attack to get them out of the way.

The problem with this strategy is that it's possible for attack reels to mostly hit the main body and not kill either of the arms before Penance gets a turn. If you get unlucky, you're in trouble.

sphinx

the piano man
It's easier to just not use overdrives because you can easily keep track of the arm's HP that way and not accidentally kill any of them.

Alternatively, I think I used Warrior (it's been a long time). I only bothered with Wakka's Attack Reels. His gauge would fill pretty fast from doing 99999 damage. Then I'd spam attack reels whenever it was full. Usually both arms would get killed before anything got a turn, and there would also be a lot of damage on Penance. It's a faster strategy. Just attack the arms with everyone else too with Quick Attack to get them out of the way.

The problem with this strategy is that it's possible for attack reels to mostly hit the main body and not kill either of the arms before Penance gets a turn. If you get unlucky, you're in trouble.

Thank you very much for all your posts :) I just beat Penance and I don't think I would have figured out the strategy without your help. much appreciated.

I am missing very few trophies, the one for beating the game, one for watching the eternal calm (which will be the last before the platinum), the Luca movies/audios in the theater and the complete Sphere Grid.

I started changing Luck nodes to Magic Defense nodes, carefully bringing everyone over who needs to change. I think this weekend I'll have it all done.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
zlG8wSr.jpg

Disc 3 starts pretty much right at the entrance of the final dungeon! However, according to my records FF XIII is still missing his ultimate weapon and This is missing her ultimate limit break. So its time ta go diggin'!

IU4YFAh.jpg
gJ2NjYX.jpg

Zennys got an inventive new scheme, presented in the wrong place. Like her, What gets airsick if he reads so he doesn't give the contract a second glance! Her way of blowing off steam may seem abit mean but hey, who doesn't like picking on FF XIII?

H3fIeay.jpg

Aww. Well now it would just feel wrong picking on him.

THtDHZP.jpg
lzm11IP.jpg

Umm. Moving right along... Full Fledged Pilot please get us the heck outta here!

Z3ArLIP.jpg
P3AtUSc.jpg

Now when I said go diggin' I meant it! Over in Bone Village the Phoenix and Bahamut ZERO (in caps!) summon materia can be dug up in these spots! The latter one may take a good number of tries before it shows up.

ecMXJGP.jpg

Over in Cosmo Canyon the party gets greeted with news of the old man falling ill.

LdoKubw.jpg
cMs8cT2.jpg
rPMKRrd.jpg

Bugenhagen tells FF XIII ta not worry about him go live his life to the fullest an then passes away?

3QqP3f3.jpg
qRZ4q4q.jpg

FF XIII insists his grandpa went on another trip and that he left him a gift, his ultimate weapon! Maybe Bugenhagens trying ta start a new trend of pre and post-trip gift giving?

t8OMief.jpg

Heading back to Nibelheim and not-This's house, What jams on the piano while This finds a hidden letter!

ff1uGPr.jpg
9AzuBTW.jpg
IuzIrZM.jpg

Zangan was so pissed at Sephiroth he headed to the reactor intent on killing him. However he was alil slow an that job had already been done. All he could was save This from Hojo while the other survivors were collected for experiments... huh.

XRc8Wd7.jpg
NjHN3n1.jpg

His Cure spells weren't doing This any good so he took her to Midgar ta find a doctor he could trust and... didn't stick around to see her recover I guess? Please tell me she wasn't in a coma all that time. An please, PLEASE don't tell me that if she was it lasted 7 days! Anyhow, accompanying the letter is her final limit break!

m553lRw.jpg
bKqIe6y.jpg

Into that horrid mansion once more... -.-; Back in Pt.25 we learned of a "C project" an just above info maybe relating to it. The survivors of the Sephiroth incident... "codeC" and "codeZ"...

2Cfv7ML.jpg

As was discovered back then, their escape plan was a success. During feeding time Zack managed ta bust himself and What out. And take the time to admire his sword!

RpEFnOO.jpg
wKxkCVb.jpg

History sure does repeat cause at this time What was pretty much a vegetable. Zack had ta carry him outta there to safety. Though some trouble went down forcing them back into the town, long enough for Zack to get What a new set of clothes. "Put on this." eh?

toegNkO.jpg
UfRPmCK.jpg
roM9Rh3.jpg

After a long journey the two are finally on their way to Midgar since Zack has a place he can stay at, or maybe not! He proposes starting a business with What and the truck driver says Zacks still young an should try lotsa different work things!

cQ0xqt7.jpg
j10l81L.jpg

Deciding that he has more brains an skills than the average person Zack says he'll become a mercenary >.>; What doesn't know wtf is going on or being said and the drivers majorly SMH'ing.

bcZGJqP.jpg
mlYVQNL.jpg
xvPqkh2.jpg

Awww. Zacks such a nice guy! They're gonna become mercenaries together! He won't leave his buddy What hanging!

XP3ZaJ6.jpg

Having enough of Zacks foolishness, the driver lets 'em off in the wasteland near Midgar where a buncha Shinra grunts catch up to 'em. Zack fights 'em off but is eventually pushed back...

HdxDyCv.jpg
pTyNsBV.jpg

;_; Although we learned this outcome quite a while ago it still bites! Zack... I'd say he became a hero.

AePFmuO.jpg
jBRo2aG.jpg

As for What, given his condition a mercy killing wouldn't be outta line. But they choose ta spare his life instead.

lwHlXo6.jpg
OEAAOPf.jpg

After they leave, What regains enough composure to crawl over to his dying friend and grieve.

4QOlzaL.jpg
d5Ma5ZJ.jpg

They were so, so close. What would continue the trek into Midgar where, hours later, This would find him at the Sector 7 train station and get him signed up for a mission with AVALANCHE...

SilverArrow20XX

Just found out that I missed the 2014 Rising event in FFXIV. For years I thought I had a perfect record with the limited time events. I don't know how I managed to miss it, since I did all the events surrounding it. No Huzzah emote. No I+XIV mini game (I was wondering why I had an empty minigame chest in my room for years)

More importantly, no achievement, and no quest entry in my log. Ever. I'm unreasonably pissed right now. It's like, welp, might as well uninstall the game if I can't have a perfect log. I fucking despise timed events.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
87GeCRS.jpg

Northern Cave! Been a long time coming. Not much left in the outside world, an inside here is where the real final preparations will occur.

RipCZ8K.jpg

The first treasure found within is an item that lets ya create a save point wherever ya want within this cave! This is because there isn't a single one found anywhere inside.

xkEPlvJ.jpg
MdFXZe1.jpg

Right from the start theres baddies ya just wanna not fight. The Gargoyles are invincible until they wake up which is a waste of time and launch L4 Death as they're dying. Parasite otoh are worth a battle. They make be small an unassuming but they got the enemy skils L5 Death and Magic Breath! Powerful lil critters!

wtd6OJG.jpg

Get all kinds of camera perspectives in this place. Has topdown, now a 2D sideview, an others ta follow. Plus lotsa climbing and jumping. Place is a real mishmash of styles!

5Bn30Vi.jpg
RVFO8NA.jpg

Completing the enemy skill list will require at least one battle against a Dark Dragon since it knows Dragon Force and Laser to boot! Master Tonberry can be morphed into Ribbons but they got boss level HP and an instant death attack which is no good if you're not protected against 'em. Running from 'ems my style!

56Ydrw1.jpg
qHBXAyI.jpg

A split in the path comes up an the party has ta decide who goes where, for some reason? Will this lead to a mechanic in which seperate partys go through different places working together to open up new paths for the other? Nah! Instead, it becomes a competition ta see who kills Sephiroth first lol.

qF4Ni3H.jpg
pNhVPwH.jpg

The left path immediately leads to another split! Zennys finding this place ta be a big headache!

jrvAgvB.jpg
JmcclxZ.jpg

Naturally, What wanders into the best place in the game ta grind exp and gil and ap. And which houses a new green materia! Enemy skills are one thing but the end of the game doesn't seem like the best planned place ta house new magic.

OGdnZbY.jpg
kWWuo6j.jpg

As for why its the best place for grinding, well the baddies. Magic Pot gives out loads of exp/ap/gil and Movers a ridiculous amount of ap! Your head will spin as new materia is born and mastered, especially in double/triple growth slots! But the time for grind isn't quite here...

UcrEthC.jpg

Cause there's more ta find & do! Like grabbing a new yellow materia! I get that the W ones are powerful but c'mon. We're a screen or two away from the point of no return and have had Knights of the Round for how long now?

D2hkp5c.jpg

That point of no return being just after this room, which that W Magic room led out to.

p3R198M.jpg

Heading back ta paths not travelled, there's a jump-timing puzzle! To get that Mega All materia ya gotta hit Circle as you're being auto-jumped to the platform past it! Thats a thing the games not pulled before.

w8YK4XO.jpg

Now that we're back here, its time to use that Save Crystal! Right outside of grind land seems like the perfect spot to me!

x2TN5cS.jpg
rdRlmsx.jpg

Last path ta check out looks like a monsters nest o.o; An the monsters hanging around are chock full of enemy skills! Death Dealers get ya Roulette, Pollensalta gets ya Angel Whisper, Parasites hang around here to, Malboro make their long triumphant return from Gaea's Cliff incase ya missed their Bad Breath, and...

Qtvqo3y.jpg
IjKwsG7.jpg
5xrukRY.jpg

Zombie Dragons can teach ya Shadow Flare as well as the mysteries of the universe! What's inside Pandora's Box? A giant question mark floating in space! ????????? When people recall the wacky & weird stuff of FF7, this should be near the top of their lists. Its just so awesome and dumb!

Ezrjnid.jpg

With the place thoroughly explored the grinding shall begin, however this is where the crap parts of this dungeon come to light. That save point ya made? Good for saving an using tents an little else. Can't use the PHS feature. There is also no quick escape from the dungeon. If ya wanna grind a specific party member or two, ya gotta head alllllllll the way back to the Highwind. And then alllllllll the way back to your grind spot. -.-

I could've sworn I've gotten Eden before, but apparently not. I don't remember this dungeon and I would remember an ass whooping this bad. My gosh that boss is hard!

SilverArrow20XX

Just did 99 level 30 levequests in FFXIV. Got Paladin from 30 to 36. That's 350 down, 650 to go for the trophy. What an awful platinum. If I stay on top of it and do 99 more every 18 days when they finish recharging, it'll take another 4 months.

I think I'll start Carpenter tomorrow and pound through 1000 level 1 crafts for that trophy. Those ones are surprisingly not bad if you just cheese it like that. Takes a couple hours tops.

Top Bottom