• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In terms of natural beauty, which US state do you think is best? Prove it with a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

West Virginians talk like all we see is this...
FgCfatP.jpg

...but its more like this.

EXrUNnS.jpg

West Virginians are so insular they honestly think we're the best place to live and the prettiest place around.
My vote goes to Montana.

Rival

Gold Member
Well I'm on my phone so I can't post photos but I think Alaska, California, Hawaii, and Colorado are amazing for natural beauty.

Realyst

California has a wide variety of beautiful things. We have beaches, redwoods, desert, Yosemite, etc. All within a few hours.

Here's a picture of Big Sur, along Pacific Coast Highways (one of the best drives you can take):

big-sur-774901.jpg

Everything in this post is correct. I drove there just last week!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hawaii also has some of the best beaches in the world and because of the constant volcanic activity on the big island, it actually has black sand beaches which are really cool to visit and of course amazingly beautiful.

black-beach-4-620x328.jpg

shutterstock_98384228-Punaluu%20Black%20Sand%20Beach_1.jpg

Nobody in this thread has said Michigan, but if you talk to Michiganders they will absolutely say it is the most beautiful.

They are wrong, though, every single one of them.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
California has a wide variety of beautiful things. We have beaches, redwoods, desert, Yosemite, etc. All within a few hours.

Here's a picture of Big Sur, along Pacific Coast Highway (one of the best drives you can take):

big-sur-774901.jpg

This picture doesn't really look attractive, sorry.

Concept17

As someone who has spent all their time in Montana and Washington, I can comfortably say NOT MONTANA. The western side of the state has some pretty amazing scenery, but most the state is a brown, boring, wasteland.

Meanwhile, even the drier parts of WA are much better, nevermind the west side of the state, which is beyond amazing.

Pejo

Gold Member
I've been to about half of the states, and while I give nods to Pennsylvania in the fall, Utah, and the Florida Keys, California just wins this easily. You can pretty much get any sort of environment that you want. Mountains, Snow, Tropical-esque beaches, bustling cityscapes, country farms, vineyards, deserts, rocky cliffs. I mean look at some of these places:

What other state gives you all of this? California is nuts.

Jarlaxle

Here's some nice pics of NY. I live in the Hudson Valley so it can be very beautiful during the fall especially.

502008dade8b4e1d05c18617b319ca4b.jpg

38_When-Autumn-Leaves-Start-To-Fall-500x500.jpg

fall-foliage-smoky-mountains.jpg.rend.tccom.1280.960.jpeg

Koppai

You guys have to remember that most of these pictures have been processed somehow which makes everything look better than it actually is.

West Virginians talk like all we see is this...
FgCfatP.jpg

...but its more like this.

EXrUNnS.jpg

West Virginians are so insular they honestly think we're the best place to live and the prettiest place around.
My vote goes to Montana.
I'm not from or living in wv, but for my money it's number one. Beautiful state.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
After driving from Maine to Washington state and back plus several road trips up and down the east coast and through the upper mid west I can say that there are a lot states that could be a contender for title of most beautiful. The US is incredible in regards to natural beauty and the variety of it. I've lived overseas most of my life and spend a lot of time traveling around different countries. I've been to some incredibly beautiful places but the US is unique in its sheer diversity.

Nobody in this thread has said Michigan, but if you talk to Michiganders they will absolutely say it is the most beautiful.

They are wrong, though, every single one of them.

I'm from Michigan and I know a lot of people here who think it's the most beautiful place on earth. There are beautiful areas of course, but of the states I've been to Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maine, Colorado and California are far more beautiful. Can't wait to move out of this shitty state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom