• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overall, which Batman Arkham game is the best?

Which mainline Batman Arkham game is the best in the series?

• Batman: Arkham Asylum

• Batman: Arkham City

• Batman: Arkham Origins

• Batman: Arkham Knight

Results are only viewable after voting.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I could say Asylum because it's very simple and closer to the character, but City has basically everything better and the only bad part is the obligatory walking session at the start

Arkham Asylum was a very fun game to 100%. Arkham City was more of slog, still pretty fun but the Riddler puzzles weren't good and seemed like you'd need a guide to find 'em all anyway. Never got around to the other two.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Knight> Asylum> City >>> Origins

Knight is the best for me for it's atmosphere, story, perfected combat and the best DLC in the series. Asylum was a fantastic 3D Metroid-like Batman game. City I felt lost a bit of the focus of Asylum due to the change to open world but is still a great game.

Origins had the best boss fights but other than that...Oooff.

City without a doubt

Batman more awesome than ever
Beautiful city
Catwoman playable
Great Story
That epic Dr Freeze fight

One of my favorite games on PS3

But all the games where awesome.
Honestly Catwoman seals the deal

batman arkham knight GIF

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Asylum had the best Easter Eggs, but City had so much charisma to the characters. I’d say Asylum had all the cell blocks of all the villains. I remember Calendar man’s cell was covered in pages of a calendar. Hearing the therapy sessions with the villains was great too. Origins was probably my least favorite except they expanded upon the Batcave. Knight was cool, but the Batmobile segments all felt the same after a while. Knight has some cool skins for Batman. Arkham City nailed the aesthetic.

This is why I never want to play the crap where he’s dead or whatever. They’re running this hero into the ground. It makes me miss the Batman craze of last gen. They had a spark with the Arkham games and now all I think they can do is random uninteresting DC crap.

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

Honestly it's damn close between Asylum and City. Both were beyond amazing. Knight was a turd though. Might as well have been called Batman: Tank simulator 3000.

zeldaring

Banned
God we need these games to continue to be made, they were so good and i think the next one could explode in terms of sales considering how well spiderman is doing.

mrmustard

Banned
God we need these games to continue to be made, they were so good and i think the next one could explode in terms of sales considering how well spiderman is doing.
I don't think so. Spiderman is by far the most popular superhero and Sony marketing does the rest.

zeldaring

Banned
I don't think so. Spiderman is by far the most popular superhero and Sony marketing does the rest.
Games sales have been exploding after covid. they get a over 90 on metracritic its gonna do amazing. just look at sales like GOW, ghosts of tsushami, and elden ring.

mrmustard

Banned
Games sales have been exploding after covid. they get a over 90 on metracritic its gonna do amazing. just look at sales like GOW, ghosts of tsushami, and elden ring.
That's one exceptional GOTG phenomenon and two games with Sony marketing + bundles. Batman would have none of that. I love Batman much more than the above games, but i don't see how it could sell significantly more then the predecessors.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
That's one exceptional GOTG phenomenon and two games with Sony marketing + bundles. Batman would have none of that. I love Batman much more than the above games, but i don't see how it could sell significantly more then the predecessors.
Almost every quality franchise has exploded in sales. I'm telling you this franchise comes back. it will do much better then numbers then before, and if its get 90 metarcritic it will do 13 million easy.

Top Bottom