• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overall, which Batman Arkham game is the best?

Which mainline Batman Arkham game is the best in the series?

• Batman: Arkham Asylum

• Batman: Arkham City

• Batman: Arkham Origins

• Batman: Arkham Knight

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cashon

Banned
As the title says, which Batman Arkham game do you consider to be the best in the series, overall? Taking into account gameplay, controls, story, audio, graphics, etc...

zeldaring

Banned
we need a sequel to batman arkhan knight with ps5 hardware they could make something really special instead of the garbage they are making now.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I can't separate Asylum and City. They're both 10s, but slightly different experiences. Asylum feels more like a Metroidvania.

I loved Knight too but it was arguably too much. Origins wasn't a great game although I appreciate it has this weird little cult following of people that proclaim it "actually the best".

Origins is the best as far as the "complete" kinda "greatest hits" version of the previous 2 games Arkham formula. Arkham Knight easily holds the crown for art direction/production value and combat is the best in Knight as well.

When I'm in the mood to play a few hours of Batman I'll install Arkham Knight, but if I'm really wanting to sit down and play a good Batman game as a complete experience, I'll pick Origins, especially if it's around Christmas time. Origins is a Christmas game.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It's origins, by a mile
I kinda exclude asylum because its format is more metroid and the sequels have more open worldish freedom.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
City with Asylum as a close second. Origins is very underrated. Very good game if a bit uninspired and derivative.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
City, but I love all the three main ones. Yes, the Bat Tank got a bit old in Knight, but that game was also great in many other ways.

Haven't played Origins.

Last edited:
Who is winning? Cant see the poll results
GIF by Men In Black: International

Romulus

I know everyone loves these Batman games, but Hulk Ultimate Destruction was the first really good open world superhero game. Legit fun to move around and destroy things.

bender

What time is it?
Asylum is just about perfect save for the boss battles. City was good but felt a bit bloated in comparison. Knight was way too much of the Batmobile. Never tried Origins.

Cashon

Banned
Pretty close. City deserves it. It is my favorite of the bunch.
I thought City was dragged down, relatively, by the open-world design (lots of gliding from point A to point B) and by the Ras Al Ghul plot line. It's still a great game, but Asylum feels like a much tighter experience.

I thought City was dragged down, relatively, by the open-world design (lots of gliding from point A to point B) and by the Ras Al Ghul plot line. It's still a great game, but Asylum feels like a much tighter experience.

Asylum is definitely a masterpiece but it is very constrained(which is it's strong suit no doubt) however, City gave more freedom and enabled players to act like batman in a city

Last edited:

solidus12

Arkham Knight should’ve had more traditional bosses and fewer tank battles. It would’ve been the perfect Batman game.

It’s basically a Batman simulator and yes, you REALLY feel like Batman in that game.

Whichever one you played first is likely your favorite. Prove me wrong.

(It is for me: Arkham City. But also because the last boss fight in Asylum sucks ass, but only half as much as batmobile missions in Knight).

Astral Dog

Arkham City just to play as Batman in their recreation of Gotham , its just beautiful

However Arkham Asylum is the game that broke the mold and introduced gamers to Rocksteady studios, and showed comicbook games could not just aim to be be average or good, but GOTY material

Lupin25

For me
Origins is a gold-encrusted turd.
Knight looks the best… Maybe the best combat.
Asylum is an amazing linear experience.
City has the best overall design from top to bottom, one of the best open worlds ever.

City…. I guess? Not gonna lie, this is difficult. 😬

Top Bottom