• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming PokeBomb: New Evolution Dropping Wednesday

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One of the new commercials today slipped in what appears to be the overworld model of a new Pokemon:

nO0TJmM.jpg

Some people think it might be "Espurr", the last of the original WPM leak Pokemon that hasn't been revealed, the pre-evolution of Meowstic.

I remember that before Black and White, Petalil was seen in a screen of the daycare.

They look almost like little banettes.

Man why do I know the name of that Pokemon off the top of my head. I am not as into this as you guys. POKEMON!!!!!

One of the new commercials today slipped in what appears to be the overworld model of a new Pokemon:

nO0TJmM.jpg

Some people think it might be "Espurr", the last of the original WPM leak Pokemon that hasn't been revealed, the pre-evolution of Meowstic.

I remember that before Black and White, Petalil was seen in a screen of the daycare.

This pic got me to thinking about how much I hope the overworld is a little more open ended. Like, those trees in the background behind the body of water; I want to be able to go walk in those woods. Even if there are no wild Pokemon there, I just want the overworld to feel connected an complete, not sectioned off by barriers. It's not a huge gripe of mine, but I think it's something that'd be nice.

udivision

This pic got me to thinking about how much I hope the overworld is a little more open ended. Like, those trees in the background behind the body of water; I want to be able to go walk in those woods. Even if there are no wild Pokemon there, I just want the overworld to feel connected an complete, not sectioned off by barriers. It's not a huge gripe of mine, but I think it's something that'd be nice.

It might be a gen or 2 before that'll happen. The second layer of trees is a 2D texture, and it seems like they're doing a lot of this "look at how pretty this buidling/location is" when you're just leaving/entering a landmark, if the commercial is anything to go on. In other words, you can look but you can't touch.

It might be a gen or 2 before that'll happen. The second layer of trees is a 2D texture, and it seems like they're doing a lot of this "look at how pretty this buidling/location is" when you're just leaving/entering a landmark, if the commercial is anything to go on. In other words, you can look but you can't touch.

Yeah, look but don't touch is a good way to put it. I think it would make the world feel more alive if it weren't that way, but you're right, it'll be a bit before that happens.

Something fixable now though is how not all buildings have interiors. That shit drives me crazy.

Qurupeke

nO0TJmM.jpg

Probably these. They look like Koalas.

ryan13ts

Yeah I get the feeling emolga and alomomola were originally planned to be evolutions pachirisu and luvdisc but then they decided to do all original lines.

That was the one major thing that bummed me out about Gen V the most, the lack of evolutions of pre-exisiting Pokemon. I wasn't too surprised though, since old Pokemon getting new evos usually tend to come on even generations as opposed to odds.

Now that we're on an even generation though, the obvious lack of any "real" evolutions for old Pokemon is really killing me. I really like Sylveon but if Eevee is the only old Pokemon to get any true evolutions this gen, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. A lot of the Mega Evolutions so far are amazingly cool design wise, but I still can't help but feel that they're just form-changes dressed up to look nice, since the transformation doesn't stay after battle. I was hoping that initially there would be a combination of Mega Evolutions and true Evolutions, but that's looking less and less likely as we get nearer to release.

I can't be the only one that feels this way about Mega Evolutions, am I?

SeZMehK

They are going to reveal an evolution, apparently, so I doubt it is related to the Kalos starters.

I know it said "an evolution" but one can always dream right? :p

On a side note, it is becoming harder and harder to wait for the game to come out as more information is leaked/released... Who's with me?! :D

Top Bottom