• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [July] Now Voting - Post 874!

Hofmann

Soundtrack recommendation: The Path

Recommended track: Forest Theme
A rerendition of Jarboe's Troll Lullaby, the main theme of The Path highlights very well the sexual tension and morbidity that befalls the game. Don't let the wolf into your bed.

The Forest Theme is so hauntingly beautiful. Listening to it made me want to launch the game and dissolve in the thick atmosphere of it once again.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not in space, but Maia is at least scifi themed.

Yeah, definitely looking forward to that, but I was thinking more of a spacestation in a 3D space world kinda setup where you build more parts of the space station while your people need to venture out grabbing ressources.

Anyway, I should check up on what Maia is doing.

Hofmann

Somewhere - Interesting game I just found on IndieDB, it looks like it has a long way to go before release though.

welcome to the town of Kayamgadh . where people are invisible, and stories are places, where everybody is a figment of imagination and you do not exist !

The ability to become any person - is crucial to the method of storytelling and therefore gameplay.

the interactions that you will have, the spaces that are accessible to you and the stories that you will unearth are all intrinsically dependent on who you are at time of interaction.
the player, rather the traditional notion of the player as an individual does not exist.

throughout the game you can never claim the identity of one character, but you will be forced to become many people, in as many locations and time periods.

size600.jpg

and new breathtaking shots probably from Aeon

more here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orihaus/with/9197795863/

This is an older freeware game but IMO a classic and I remember it receiving a lot of praise

So if anyone missed out, here's IJI

"Iji is an action-packed strategic platform shooter with a detailed story, large levels with multiple paths, powerful bosses and lots of secrets."

3.gif

0.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Really hope Odallus hits its stretch goal and adds a hardcore mode (12,000). Their modest goal of 5,000 is simply to pay a song composer and an video editor. It's nice to see reasonable, attainable projects after this week's Doublefine news.

side.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
In a Dark Room

Like Candy Box, but better. I can't say why without sorta spoiling it, so I'll just leave it at that.

If you liked Candy Box, PLAY THIS.

Its in the OP ;) You should check out more games from the OP apparently :p

Hofmann

I'm loving that artstyle. It's interesting how many indie developers try to achieve new aesthetics in their games.

I don't think the low poly in-game style is that original, it clearly evokes nostalgia for 3D graphics from the '90s, nonetheless it's a beautiful world they're crafting.

Toma

Damn! I read through and thought : "Where's Dark Room? I should post that, it's awesome" but apparently my reading skills need some work.

Especially since its the first entry in the Games post ;p

Vancha

One for the calendar. Mercenary Kings is going into steam alpha on the 22nd of this month. It's like Contra with weapon crafting with the pixel artist who did that Scott Pilgrim game.

MercenaryCat.gif

Anyone remember that game Toribash? Is the online community still active? I'd love to see an amped-up improved version of that on Greenlight or Kickstarter or whatever. I was horrible at it, but it's still my favorite fighting game ever

Edit: holy shit it is on Greenlight and already in the Top #100! Here's the link if anyone wants to vote:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150913867

And the trailers there show why this game is so awesome

Wok

I have tried Pulse Shift, and I don't like the pace of the game. As it was the case for Vitrum, the game is missing a ligand between the levels.

Toma

I know I already mentioned it, but Meta Vendetta put their most recent episode up a few days ago and I just listened to it:

http://metavendetta.com/

Really fun to listen to and I laughed my ass off quite a few times. Great track selection as always too.

Hofmann

If games form the top of an iceberg, notgames provide the remainder. Videogames are an incredibly versatile creative medium. Beyond the confines of competitive play, a wealth of experiences awaits us. From deep psychological probing to whimsical lighthearted joy, this year´s Notgames Fest intends to illustrate the breadth of human existence captured in interactive art. No more hiding behind the young age of the medium or despairing about humanity's addiction to empty fun. It is time to wield this formidable tool for the pursuit of beauty in its myriad forms.

Just a reminder for those interested, submission ends on July 8, 12 a.m. GMT.

Toma

You know Toma how much I love you;D Please post some impressions, if you manage to be there.

Yeah, just talked with a friend who has vacation and its exactly that time where I was planning on staying with him. Just need to find out opening times of that event since I'll need to check when I'd need to get free from work, unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much online about it.

Hofmann

Yeah, just talked with a friend who has vacation and its exactly that time where I was planning on staying with him. Just need to find out opening times of that event since I'll need to check when I'd need to get free from work, unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much online about it.

There will be be some space open to genaral public to try WIP games during the event. Nothing more for now.

I know I already mentioned it, but Meta Vendetta put their most recent episode up a few days ago and I just listened to it:

http://metavendetta.com/

Really fun to listen to and I laughed my ass off quite a few times. Great track selection as always too.

Listening to it right now, the interaction between the members and the guests is very fluid, and is nice listen to musicians talking and discussing about the musics.

Toma

Listening to it right now, the interaction between the members and the guests is very fluid, and is nice listen to musicians talking and discussing about the musics.

Glad someone else likes it too. The media corner has a use!

Gilby

So I finally remembered to try Nitronic Rush with a gamepad. Now that is the way that game was meant to be played. A AAA quality freeware game

Has anyone seen their Greenlit followup Distance?
---

And another freeware game, one of my personal favorites:
Against The Wall
The freeware game is the Alpha version

If you like it, there's a Greenlight for this game. Hasn't been Greenlit yet
637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

Awesome post, I had forgotten about Against The Wall, I wanted to try that before but I couldn't run it. Should have no problem now though.

Toma

I really need to start playing this months games, but...
Rogue Legacy keeps getting in the way. How do I break this hellish curse? :(

klinkcow

Neo Member
Finally started playing Rogue Legacy after all the commotion about it..

to it's credit, I played for 3 straight hours - I am now frustrated at how bad I am at it, but I can't stop.

Solid soundtrack too

Wok

Hofmann;68631921[URL="http://penn.pithytwigs.com/Museum-of-Moss" said:
? - The lonely flower is even a bigger mystery. I've found out that designer is working on a game called Museum of Moss and that might be it, but it's not directly connected to the screen posted on twitter, so I'm not entirely sure. She describes it as an exploratory puzzle game inspired by concepts of architectural phenomenology, set in an abandoned museum, where player interacts with constantly changing environment. I love the oneiric mood felt from those artworks, so I look forward to whatever it is.[/URL]

The art style is appealing.

Toma

Notable Indie Game releases of the last week in video form:

Indie Releases: 7.5.13
[Crayon Chronicles, Cognition Episode 3: The Oracle, Dungeon Smash ~ Dark Isles, Tessallation, The Curse of Blackwater, The Wooden Clock, Thrust Control, Undercurrent, Velocity Ultra, Zombusters, Bleed, Quick Slick Deadly
Jamsouls, Little Dew]

Behind this enigmatic title hides online co-op Zelda type of game, without usual elements associated with those kind of games, like for example gaining experience and leveling up.

Um... you haven't played a lot of Zelda games, have you? :D

Looking great, anyway. Registering for the demo. Thanks!

Hofmann

Good to see Tessallation out, Can't wait to give that a go.

I played it for a bit, but had to stop after a few puzzles because of terrible nausea. Still can't figure out what causes it, where in most cases I have no problem with first-person games. The small part I played felt a little too mechanical, going from one room to another, solving similar puzzles an so on, but I shouldn't form a judgement on an incomplete experience I had. Gonna give it another try, maybe this time it will be better.

Um... you haven't played a lot of Zelda games, have you? :D

Looking great, anyway. Registering for the demo. Thanks!

Oh, how dare you, I played almost every 3D Zelda game:D Maybe I didn't express myself clearly - I meant those online elements usually known from MMO games. This one actually is very Zelda like.

Top Bottom