• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS Second Son 'Fetch' Trailer

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dat
bolt of thunder at the end tho...

It'd kind of take away from
the sacrifice he made though. Not that the presence of more conduits didn't already take some of that away. But... yeah... I think it's possible he could show up again. Superheroes after all, rarely stay dead. Plus, seeing the old hero in doze graffix would be completely worth it.
(<-- InFAMOUS 2 Good Karma ending spoilers.)

Five

Banned
If Cole's in the game, I want him to have reinvented himself to hide from the public eye and look like the remodeled version that Sucker Punch almost used for InFamous 2.

And I don't want Fetch to die, because it's about time the protagonist from an InFamous game got to stick with the love interest for the whole game. Instead, when her life inevitably gets threatened, I want Delsin to give up his life to save hers, at the same time somehow transferring his power to her or something.

In the sequel, InFamous: Fetch Quest, you play as the spunky purple-haired bioterrorist in the rebuilt Empire City, looking for the remains of the First Sons in the hopes of being able to rebuild the ray sphere, or do the funky time travel thing Kessler did so she can save Delsin from dying. Only problem is he chooses to be evil, and not save her. Dun dun dun!

In the final game of the series, we pick back up with Zeke Jedediah Dunbar, who isn't a bioterrorist as you'll recall. But because he helped Cole in saving the world, he was awarded with enough money to become something in between Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. He's come a long way from making faulty batteries and melee amps, and builds for himself some sort of anti-conduit suit that allows him to take down the revived-and-evil Delsin in Washington DC, because yes, Delsin is the ultimate anarchist rebel has taken over the government. The idea is Delsin won't be able to take Zeke's powers, so Zeke might be able to best him.

But Delsin is the better fighter, so he knocks out Zeke in his suit like it's nothing. Victorious, Delsin is about to deliver the killing blow, but then his brother Reggie springs into the scene and jumps between him and Zeke. To get to Zeke, Delsin is going to have to kill his own brother. Zeke gets up and starts to move around, and Reggie stays in front of him like a shield. Staying in motion to avoid Delsin's flank attacks, Zeke manages to reform his broken suit into another RFI, taking his knowledge from the last time. As a last ditch effort, Zeke sets off the RFI, killing Delsin and all the other bioterrorists.

Delsin's body explodes in a plume of smoke, and, as the particles rise up into the air, they form what might kind of vaguely look like a question mark.

Nafai1123

Banned
My theory is that the neon power allows you to transform into light and travel long distances (teleport). That's why they call her fetch.

B.O.O.M

My theory is that the neon power allows you to transform into light and travel long distances (teleport). That's why they call her fetch.

That's what I was thinking at first...naruto Fourth Hokage style!

but I think that might break the traversal element unless they make it only for very short distances

Maybe you can use it to have some x-Ray type moves?

Even though I'm a huge fan of the franchise I can't help but being surprised by how good it looks. I mean, I was expecting great things from next gen Infamous but SP are really exceeding my expectations, it looks so much more impressive to me than anything else coming out for PS4 in the first few months. They really did a great job.

GrOJ2ZQ.jpg
Batwoman?

I'm so glad it is light and not electricity.

It seems like Sucker Punch have made a concerted effort to feature more original powers like smoke rather than fire.

The only other power hinted at was some kind of earth-bending thing some of the DUP soldiers have that lets them create these spires of rock when they jump around.

I think every individual power will apply different buffs to Delsin's chain too.

Also there's something I spotted, think it's in the Fetch trailer but you only glimpse it for a second.

The cell shaded comic book story cutscenes are back but now these have a more graffiti-inspired style.

It's between 1:21 and 1:25 in the Fetch Trailer

Blackage

As a side note, it's cool they introduced Fetch as a major conduit, but I hope all the remaining trailers aren't spoiler trailers about each and every boss/conduit you run into. :eek:

Also there's something I spotted, think it's in the Fetch trailer but you only glimpse it for a second.

The cell shaded comic book story cutscenes are back but now these have a more graffiti-inspired style.

It's between 1:21 and 1:25 in the Fetch Trailer

I've slowed each frame down a bit:

iPlzZ2RPy3594.gif

I've slowed each frame down a bit:

iPlzZ2RPy3594.gif

Nice one!

This style is very, very cool.

Subtle hints in this too; she's briefly standing in front of firing range targets, which would imply her power has ranged applications. Also the silhouette of the man in the long coat is probably the antagonist.

Theecliff

Banned
Nice one!

This style is very, very cool.

Subtle hints in this too; she's briefly standing in front of firing range targets, which would imply her power has ranged applications. Also the silhouette of the man in the long coat is probably the antagonist.
I think the silhouette might be the woman in front of the screens from the reveal back in February.

I really love how the powers are more original than just fire, electricity, etc.
The great animations and particle effects really sell it.

Famassu

I feel kind of bad for Fetch, the horrified expression on her face as Delsin is sucking (or copying only?) her powers is kind of "damn, does she really deserve that" inducing.

Famassu

Uh, from trailer it seems like she is killing/hurting people and Delsion's needs to take her down.
She seems like a vigilante who doesn't particularly care for being hunted down and is seeking her own kind of justice, don't see how she's too much different from Delsin... And I can feel bad towards people even though I don't agree how they are doing things. :)

She seems like a vigilante who doesn't particularly care for being hunted down and is seeking her own kind of justice, don't see how she's too much different from Delsin... And I can feel bad towards people even though I don't agree how they are doing things. :)

This will be probably more complicated as there are many factots like karma, police officer brother and especially what happens to other conduits when Delsin absorbs their power.

Do they turn into normal humans?
Do they die?

Luthos

Concrete is another - from the E3 gameplay. Looks like a traversal aid more than anything (understandably as concrete creates platforms).

Let's say concrete/rock is one of the types of powers Delsin could get. I'm thinking a cool way to use it would be to make a suit of armor of sorts. And then he can go hulking through enemies looking like the Thing from Fantastic Four.

Famassu

This will be probably more complicated as there are many factots like karma, police officer brother and especially what happens to other conduits when Delsin absorbs their power.

Do they turn into normal humans?
Do they die?
Sure, but I just mainly meant that you can see a kind of true horror on her face for a sec, and that kind of made me feel bad for her even though I/we know very little about her (she doesn't particularly look like she's enjoying what he's doing to her, at the very least, seems painful & potentially lethal).

Of course I don't really know how horrible a human being she possibly is (or isn't), so that's just based on that brief moment of desperation that you can see from her face without really knowing her. Might be I'll be all "yeah, suck dat bitchaz powaaaahhzzz" when I've actually played the game and perhaps seen some attrocities she's done (if she does any).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I wonder if they might get an early demo of this ready by launch, or at least by end of year?

As a side note, it's cool they introduced Fetch as a major conduit, but I hope all the remaining trailers aren't spoiler trailers about each and every boss/conduit you run into. :eek:
I think they needed to visually confirm the conduit-sucking power, that they've only talked about up to this point. So that's taken care of and on top of that we still don't know the true nature of Fetch's power. I doubt they're going to parade every last conduit out for a trailer like this.

Five

Banned
I think the looks of anguish during the power copying are mostly for dramatic effect, so it doesn't look too whimsical. Sort of like how Cole got knocked out by the energy cores in I2, or how he grimaced and arced when reconnecting the subterranean transformers in I1.

Pistolero

And with that, SP joins the group of four -now Five!- : ND, Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla and Polyphony.
Infamous SS might very well be the most impressive console title I've ever seen.

Wensih

I guess they wouldn't go into this much depth, but neon signs are not just made of neon. The different colors that desmond absorbed come from a combination of noble gasses such as argon, helium, krypton and xenon.

Carbonox

Delsin better be able to form his own lightsaber with the neon powers, just like he can form a chain with the smoke powers.

Top Bottom