• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: The Joker revealed.

Razmos

7y3RUwJ.gif
This killed me haha

His design and animations are fucking jarring. It's like what if Frank Miller's Joker started acting like TAS Joker, it looks so so awful.

It's funny how people complain about too many Bat chars (which I'm not a fan of either)

But looking at this thread you can clearly see the logic

Any non Bat char gets revealed the thread barely scrapes 2 pages over 2 days

Joker gets revealed we already in over 100 posts

Edit: but counter argue myself this could just Joker, how has the other Bat chars done post wise?

His trait has changed, everything else can be gear specific abilities but he had a lot of new stuff (electric buzzer, present projectile, meter burn gun shot, etc).
Oh thank fuck, he had the absolute worst trait in the first game and I was afraid they'd bring that garbage counter move back.

Compbros

It's funny how people complain about too many Bat chars (which I'm not a fan of either)

But looking at this thread you can clearly see the logic

Any non Bat char gets revealed the thread barely scrapes 2 pages over 2 days

Joker gets revealed we already in over 100 posts

Swamp Thing hit page 3 in an hour.

The design looks cool to me. Joker has a lot of different looks and interpretations. It's different but nothing radical

I love how the first move shown is a robin getting crowbarred.

Damien claims to not be Jason Todd but that looked like it to me ;)

NeonZ

I'd guess there'll be a suit and maybe some way to change his make up/skin with his unique gear option, but even so the face still will remain that one.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The description makes it sound like this is an imposter.

I don't like that.

Not so much that there's an imposter involved, just that the character is flat out dead.

In the story, he'll probably make an appearance in a flashback or a fear toxin induced hallucination. Otherwise, I'm doubtful The Joker be returning in any other form in the story.

Wallach

The facial detail and animations in this game are probably the best I've ever seen in a fighting game. Pretty great stuff.

I'm still not crazy about some of the combat animations; there's still sort of a classic NRS stiffness to body movement (particularly with how the upper body moves with the lower body) but overall this is really a massive improvement overall in their art direction. Major leap over MKX.

Not so much that there's an imposter involved, just that the character is flat out dead.

In the story, he'll probably make an appearance in a flashback or a fear toxin induced hallucination. Otherwise, I'm doubtful The Joker be returning in any other form in the story.
Either that or
Tim Drake got Return of The Joker'd.

Eidan

Probably not.
He will have a bunch of gear, but nothing resembling a more traditional Joker.
Unless he straight up has a premier skin for another game, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Best you can do is give him a dumb hat if that's what you are in to.

Sure there will be.

At a price.

How much do you really want to fight as Cesar Romero's mustachioed Joker?

"If he were alive to see the chaos he'd created, he would surely be smiling." So, am I wrong to assume this isn't the real Joker, but somebody who adopted the moniker? It would also explain all the differences. He feels a lot younger, for one. I don't hate it, at least. Compaared to Suicide Squad's Joker, this is OK.

NeonZ

"If he were alive to see the chaos he’d created, he would surely be smiling." So, am I wrong to assume this isn't the real Joker, but somebody who adopted the moniker? It would also explain all the differences. He feels a lot younger, for one. I don't hate it, at least. Compaared to Suicide Squad's Joker, this is OK.

It could also mean he's just for the gameplay, but isn't part of the story, like a DLC character.

Top Bottom