• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[INSOMNIAC LEAK] PlayStation Studios PC ports sales figures for Steam have leaked

-You don't have to go overboard with marketing. If a game is good it gets around.
-Where are these consumers bitching about game length (if you mean bitching they're too bloated to pad out gametime then okay)? I never hear people bitch about a game being too short, especially if it's good.
I think you are out of the loop. There was drama around Spiderman 2 length. Even the devs had to make a statement.
RujUnHy.jpg

-Whether that content is good or not is subjective. I would argue production value matters very little to most gamers (e.g. the Switch's success).
Production Value is not just graphics but the quality of the product itself. Nintendo's games are notorious to be super polished games.
-Only idiots would judge a product solely by price of the product. With indies commonly hitting it huge now I think this perception is changing.
bT8XDy9.jpg

Midn1ght

You speak as if making a PC version doesn't cost extra money too. A physical copy gives them less per sale, but it comes at no extra cost in development.
These ports cost peanuts to make. If the leak is real, Ratchet's budget for the port was $2.6 million.

Physical copies comes at no extra cost in development but they're still taking a big hit on each sale.
There's actually a breakdown here showing that a $70 physical copy for a first party title cost them 5% for manufacturing and 30% for the retail store cut. So they lose more selling a physical copy than selling a copy on Steam or EGS. And that's without counting the potential loss in sales due to physical second hand market. Physical copies also usually go down in prices faster than digital.

Should they give up on physical because of this? I mean, they probably wish they could but of course not. Multiple buying options for customers is good. Look at Alan Wake 2: No Physical + EGS exclusive on PC = shit sales (what a surprise).

The Steam/EGS cut is non-issue, if Sony's making a few extra hundred million per gen without hurting their console biz one bit, then there's nothing to worry about. (Except losing your exclusive games bragging right of course which is retarded anyway)

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Banned
I'm a PC gamer mainly, but the only game on this list I thought was any good was God of War, but already played on Playstation. I received Horizon: Zero Dawn as part of the 2020 COVID free giveaway and still regretted my time with it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
These ports cost peanuts to make. If the leak is real, Ratchet's budget for the port was $2.6 million.

Physical copies comes at no extra cost in development but they're still taking a big hit on each sale.
There's actually a breakdown here showing that a $70 physical copy for a first party title cost them 5% for manufacturing and 30% for the retail store cut. So they lose more selling a physical copy than selling a copy on Steam or EGS. And that's without counting the potential loss in sales due to physical second hand market. Physical copies also usually go down in prices faster than digital.

Should they give up on physical because of this? I mean, they probably wish they could but of course not. Multiple buying options for customers is good. Look at Alan Wake 2: No Physical + EGS exclusive on PC = shit sales (what a surprise).

The Steam/EGS cut is non-issue, if Sony's making a few extra hundred million per gen without hurting their console biz one bit, then there's nothing to worry about. (Except losing your exclusive games bragging right of course which is retarded anyway)

Opportunity cost. It's real and it matters.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Other than Days Gone I have zero interest in any of these games
most of PC gamers who don't own a PS5 wouldn't want to play these titles ever

It's interesting that from this leak, Sony & Insomniac realized that putting their games so soon into PS+ negatively impacted the B2P sales potential in non-launch years. I get the feeling they aren't going to be pursuing that model going forward, or at least, they'll be waiting much longer than one or two years before putting those games into PS+...

...and I get a very strong feeling they're going to conclude similar things from the PC sales, in terms of them not being worth the costs for sales opportunities lost on the console side. Either those windows are expanding to 4-6 years (like it's been suggested a few times), or they aren't going to be doing them anymore. At least for the non-GaaS and some GaaS titles.

PC makes even less sense considering they want to give value proposition to the PS5 Pro. What's the point buying a Pro for improved fidelity if PC can provide the same and even more in terms of fidelity & QOL at the exact same time? It's self-cannibalization.

I'd like to see Sony's margin for a retail disc vs a Steam sale. Betting Steam is triple.

It doesn't matter. Disc is a minority amount of total 1P software sales now (or at least notably decreasing share), and Steam margins being 3:1 over console means nothing when the absolute amounts are pitifully small due to lower sell price, steep discounts and total volume of units sold being significantly less.

You should really be looking at digital sales margins on PS Store vs. Steam and I guarantee you PS Store obliterates it many times over.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
It's interesting that from this leak, Sony & Insomniac realized that putting their games so soon into PS+ negatively impacted the B2P sales potential in non-launch years. I get the feeling they aren't going to be pursuing that model going forward, or at least, they'll be waiting much longer than one or two years before putting those games into PS+...

...and I get a very strong feeling they're going to conclude similar things from the PC sales, in terms of them not being worth the costs for sales opportunities lost on the console side. Either those windows are expanding to 4-6 years (like it's been suggested a few times), or they aren't going to be doing them anymore. At least for the non-GaaS and some GaaS titles.

PC makes even less sense considering they want to give value proposition to the PS5 Pro. What's the point buying a Pro for improved fidelity if PC can provide the same and even more in terms of fidelity & QOL at the exact same time? It's self-cannibalization.
seriously , the PC port stuff puts a big question mark over the purpose of a pro console

Last edited:

simpatico

It doesn't matter. Disc is a minority amount of total 1P software sales now (or at least notably decreasing share), and Steam margins being 3:1 over console means nothing when the absolute amounts are pitifully small due to lower sell price, steep discounts and total volume of units sold being significantly less.

You should really be looking at digital sales margins on PS Store vs. Steam and I guarantee you PS Store obliterates it many times over.
So you’d agree?

PS Store
Steam
Disc

Senua

Because there are a lot of gamers, especially on this board that refuse to play on PC. They either don't want a tower in their living room or don't want the hassle of navigating an operating system, steam big picture mode or not. A PC with all its gubbins scares off a lot of less technical minded people also who don't want to open any case or think about changing parts. They have their favourite ecosystem they have invested in for decades at this point from their favourite brands. A high end gaming PC is also more expensive than a PS5 pro will be. I don't see there being a big crossover between PS5 pro and high end PC gamers.

S0ULZB0URNE

Methodology: https://gamalytic.com/blog/how-to-accurately-estimate-steam-sales

It keeps track of regional pricing as well as correlates sales numbers with periods where the game was on discount. The numbers are a bit on the conservative side, but the game range is completely accurate. Currently the estimate is just under $400 million but it's something around $330 million to $500 million.
Thx

yurinka

The big boys are still doing insanely good?

God of War Ragnarok Reaches 11 Million Units

Horizon Forbidden West Has Sold 8.4 Million Copies

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Sells More Than 5 Million Copies in 11 Days

It's not like Japan has switched to PC in recent years so the poor sale in Japan might be due to Sony closing most Japanese Studios in the last 10 years?

Xbox selling badly? Bad games and Gamepass, probably.
Sony didn't close any Japanese studio. In fact it has more:
  • Polyphony Digital now has 4 offices around the world, and 2 development teams
  • Japan Studio merged its internal development teams into one of them: Team Asobi
  • Japan Studio's XDEV team (2nd party publishing) now have their own office and publishes games developed in all Asia, not only Japan
  • Acquired Lasengle (Fate Grand Order, Melty Blood Type Lumina...)
  • Have Aniplex
  • Have Netflix Games (published mobile games like Street Fighter Duel)

S0ULZB0URNE

Because there are a lot of gamers, especially on this board that refuse to play on PC. They either don't want a tower in their living room or don't want the hassle of navigating an operating system, steam big picture mode or not. A PC with all its gubbins scares off a lot of less technical minded people also who don't want to open any case or think about changing parts. They have their favourite ecosystem they have invested in for decades at this point from their favourite brands. A high end gaming PC is also more expensive than a PS5 pro will be. I don't see there being a big crossover between PS5 pro and high end PC gamers.
You confuse don't think it's the best with people not owning the platform.

Sorry to hurt your feelings... but I bet most people here and @ any other popular online gaming hangout owns multiple capable gaming devices(including PC's)but prefer the consoles they own over the PC.

Most PC gamers own a PlayStation console and a Nintendo device.

Maybe if they had ported the Uncharted collection everyone wanted combined with that then it would have gotten much more sales. 4 but no 1-3? You can't just jump into them that way it's ridiculous.

It's like 343 not porting 5 when the rest of the Halo's are available. People may not like the game, but it's still worth having the entire series available to buy. In Halo's case you're left with a missing story gap trying to get into the Infinite campaign from 4 and well I don't even need to try to explain why it's a problem if you decide to play Uncharted 4 before everything else.
To be fair even with Halo 5 on the platform you still miss out on half the plot since they buried the set up in a half-dozen different novels.

343's basic storytelling fuckups are neither here nor there though, just needed to bitch. Thread derail over.

Woopah

But what about the software sales? PS5 is a desirable hardware, yes (thanks to mainly Cerny, not Jimbo). But what about the Sony games? Ratchet didn't sell a lot for starters. Have you seen the state of software sales in Japan? They clearly didn't break record with 1st party sales too, did they? Last time I checked they were down with 1st party sales even compared to multiplat sales (which are thriving), why would they sell less 1st party sales on their console? I wonder. Why is Xbox games selling badly on their console?
First party sales on PS5 are very strong. The overall low software sales in Japan have nothing to do with first party titles on PC.

So far there are no signs that putting old first party games on PC is doing any damage.

Putting old first party games on PS+ was the real mistake.

Woopah

Sony didn't close any Japanese studio. In fact it has more:
  • Polyphony Digital now has 4 offices around the world, and 2 development teams
  • Japan Studio merged its internal development teams into one of them: Team Asobi
  • Japan Studio's XDEV team (2nd party publishing) now have their own office and publishes games developed in all Asia, not only Japan
  • Acquired Lasengle (Fate Grand Order, Melty Blood Type Lumina...)
  • Have Aniplex
  • Have Netflix Games (published mobile games like Street Fighter Duel)
To add to this, the parts of Japan Studio that were let go / restructured were the parts that hasn't delivered hit software for Japan for many years (since Knack).

So we can't say the restructure had any negative impact on PS' performance in Japan.

Larxia

Very confused with most of the replies I see in this thread. I guess people who only look at consoles are used to a different kind of numbers maybe?
I've always seen games doing more than 1 million as a success, even more when it's just bonus money for a port of an already existing game (and often few years old).

Last edited:

Hibs

Free money for Sony. Cost so little to port. Sony fans in shambles.

Anyway, where is Ghost of Tsushima. Only goddamn Sony game I care about.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

9VJHnAF.png

We already know they’re doing PC ports into the 2030s by contract. Your weird fan fic about how Sony is abandoning the initiative is not based in reality.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
9VJHnAF.png

We already know they’re doing PC ports into the 2030s by contract. Your weird fan fic about how Sony is abandoning the initiative is not based in reality.
Yup. It's a given. Sony is already full steam ahead porting lots of their current heavy hitters the past 2-3 years, so to exclude PC ports for future Marvel games makes zero sense.

Dont be surprised if that 2 year gap gets smaller too.

Megatron

If you are going to count used sales as a disincentive for console, then be sure to include piracy for PC games.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
No, you don't got a strong feeling. You're coping and are hopeful Sony will stop porting their games. Only morons would suggest 4-6 years. Who the fuck even suggested that? It's been over 3 years. Time to make peace with it. The PC ports of your favorite platforms aren't stopping, little warrior.
I can guarantee you, a PC capable of performing like a PS5 Pro will be MUCH more expensive. Furthermore, how many fanboys on Gaf have you seen clamoring for a PS5 Pro all the while refusing to splurge for a gaming PC? Someone who wants a high-end PC will get a high-end PC. Someone who wants a PS5 Pro will get a PS5 Pro. You're not pulling people away from PC with your PS5 Pro and vice-versa.

Assaulty

I am personally very interested to check out a lot of the pc ports like returnal, Ratchet and clank. Hell I'd check out LBP and Spider man if they sold on pc for the prices I see their ps4 counterparts go. These games are not worth 30+ euros to me however. I've bought days gone and horizon for like 13-15 euros and will do so with the rest of their output when they hit around those prices

I don't keep up with common pc game sales, so I don't know if this is normal sales for most pc games or not. Are there franchises that do particularly well on pc on a regular basis?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There must be some cause for concern at Sony that there bit sequels have sold around half of the originals. It used to be that the sequels would build on the sales of the first. Its a bit confusing.

Zathalus

Come now, it's pretty obvious that looking at the sales numbers that the vast majority of the PC sales are either to those who would never buy a console at all or those that double dip. Both are preferable from Sony's point of view as the former is money they would never have had in the first place and the second is basically free money for them as well.

I'm sure there are some PC players that only bought a console for a handful of games and have now decided to not do so, but that is no loss for Sony as they want people to invest into the ecosystem and not somebody who buys a console and one or two games.

tusharngf

I know, what the fuck is up with that!? Sony make some of the best games out their but I guess the PCMR love their train Sims and Hentai Tentacle monster games over quality AAA walking sims
Sorry but those cinematic games are for different audience. Pc folks are different. You re saying that they are the best games out there but they are not.

Midn1ght

I'm sure there are some PC players that only bought a console for a handful of games and have now decided to not do so, but that is no loss for Sony as they want people to invest into the ecosystem and not somebody who buys a console and one or two games.
They also likely will wait a few years for the console to have enough exclusives and buy everything second hand making zero money for Sony.

The idea that the console will sell less because Spider-man releases 2 years later on PC doesn't work. 11 years old Jimmy will not suddenly ask a 4080 for Christmas because Wolverine might come out on PC 4 years from now. And even if he does, what do you think Jimmy's grandma will get him? A $1200 GPU or a $450 console?

The answer is nothing because little Jimmy was an asshole this year.

Fishing Toss GIF by hamlet

Vick

This Thread..

EcBGeNW.jpg

As someone on Neogaf once wrote eloquently - the most beautiful girl in a small town moved to a big city and wondered why no-one noticed her.
This is gonna hurt the souls of Sony bros who think their games are crown jewels.

Sony will just be happy at the extra millions of dollars they get for minimum effort.

Life will go on, as it always does.
Exactly. These games are all about hype and hotness, both of which go away with time. These games just don't matter as much as Sony fans think they do.
PC wants good games like souls
I'm saying that Sony games for my tastes are a notch under what they're hyped to be on the internet. I'm not saying bad games, I'm saying a notch under. Do you not believe that these exclusive wars and epeen match with another certain plastic box does not contribute to the mystique and overhype?

God of war IGN's 2021 user voted greatest game of all time?

Justin Timberlake What GIF

For my tastes I preferred Sony's earlier output. Or actually games I wish they would port, they're holding on, I would love to see Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Bloodborne, Ico / Shadow of the Colossus / The last guardian. More "game" than cinematic. Their not "AAA" games.

And clearly tastes are different between platforms. The thing I'm pointing out is everyone thought Sony was coming in to save this platform from the goop of survival games, etc. Why are you guys having >1M concurrent CS:GO players every day? Surely you need saving in the form of TRHUUPPPLLEE AAAYYYYYY games.

Just an example of differences

That's a mod, a free mod. 98% reviews on Steam, one of the highest rated game. I think I would recommend this game over nearly all of Sony games released on PC thus far. Fucking insane right? That's what you're thinking of me right now. Does that game resonate with you? I doubt it, I doubt you're off to install this mod on any potato PC you have in the house since the thing could run on a toaster.

Different crowds.

Who thinks that a crowd that largely argues that they only want sitting on a couch, trouble-free push a button and game, less graphical options as possible be a perfect Venn diagramm with PC build it, tinker it, mod it, hex-edit it?
pc gamers do not care about single player QTE games trying to pass off as a movie.
It's not "better" taste, it's different.
PC gamers are similar to Nintendo fans. We prefer choices and solid gameplay mechanics.
Not quickly mashing a button to watch the character perform an action.
No. Mashing on a button to win a cinematic scene.
KXgS9cV.png
sSOehgg.png

gPnPkf6.png
QwXszNC.png

aL8UnH4.png
Oir1LAR.png

Here some output from the competition, for better context.

zfkdNQ0.png
BGuii62.png

DPYhFYV.png
5oHKgiE.png

Once again looks just like our juvenile PCMR community succumbing to the urge of embarrassing themselves, to the point wouldn't be suprised many didn't buy the games simply out of their hatred for Sony™.

Zathalus

This Thread..

EcBGeNW.jpg

KXgS9cV.png
sSOehgg.png

gPnPkf6.png
QwXszNC.png

aL8UnH4.png
Oir1LAR.png

zfkdNQ0.png
BGuii62.png

DPYhFYV.png
5oHKgiE.png

Once again looks just like our juvenile PCMR community succumbing to the urge of embarrassing themselves, to the point wouldn't be suprised many didn't buy the games simply out of their hatred for Sony™.
Cringe is not showing the best games from Microsoft on Steam when trying to claim 'context'. It's all well and good calling people out on their bullshit, but at least try not to spin bullshit of your own yeah?

Senua

This Thread..

EcBGeNW.jpg

KXgS9cV.png
sSOehgg.png

gPnPkf6.png
QwXszNC.png

aL8UnH4.png
Oir1LAR.png

zfkdNQ0.png
BGuii62.png

DPYhFYV.png
5oHKgiE.png

What the fuck are you talking about lmao. The only alternative to Sony games is Microsoft? Fanboy drivel.

Vick

Cringe is not showing the best games from Microsoft on Steam when trying to claim 'context'. It's all well and good calling people out on their bullshit, but at least try not to spin bullshit of your own yeah?
It depends of what context you're trying to provide.

Mine was that not every AAA from big publishers gets accepted and praised on Steam so that those high ratings actually mean something.
Also I think they illustrate there's a quality disparity according to PC gamers themselves when it comes to these releases yet you rarely if ever see PCMR shitting on Microsoft offering or providing posts like those I quoted before.
Should have posted different kind of games altogether because they're better received? Well here it is..

FpEvBpV.png
KaTPwsQ.png

hM0Tfyv.png

Tell me directly what Microsoft games should I post, I'll be quicker.

What the fuck are you talking about lmao. The only alternative to Sony games is Microsoft? Fanboy drivel.
Oh yeah, mine is. Not this post definitely..

This is gonna hurt the souls of Sony bros who think their games are crown jewels.

Season 8 Agree GIF by One Chicago

Nor some of the cringefest I quoted before you were agreeing with.

Last edited:

Senua

It depends of what context you're trying to provide.

Mine was that not every AAA from big publishers gets accepted and praised on Steam so those high rating actually mean something.
Also I think they illustrate there's a quality disparity according to PC gamers themselves when it comes to these releases yet you rarely if ever see PCMR shitting on Microsoft offering or providing posts like those I quoted before.
Should I have posted different kind of games altogether because they're better received? Well here it is..

FpEvBpV.png
KaTPwsQ.png

hM0Tfyv.png

Tell me directly what Microsoft games should I post, I'll be quicker.

Oh yeah, mine is. Not this post definitely..

Season 8 Agree GIF by One Chicago
I get why it triggered you as it was a bit sassy, but you jumping to respond with MS games metascores reeks of insecurity. It wasn't that deep m8. Just a little first page quip.

Vick

I get why it triggered you as it was a bit sassy, but you jumping to respond with MS games metascores reeks of insecurity. It wasn't that deep m8. Just a little first page quip.
I'm sorry that's what it came off as, wasn't really the intention.

yurinka

To add to this, the parts of Japan Studio that were let go / restructured were the parts that hasn't delivered hit software for Japan for many years (since Knack).

So we can't say the restructure had any negative impact on PS' performance in Japan.
After Knack 2 Japan Studio did work in different cancelled mobile games, plus the published:
  • Japan Studio VR Music Festival
  • LocoRoco 2 remaster (maybe outsourced)
  • The Last Guardian VR Demo (maybe outsourced)
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  • Patapon 2 remaster (maybe outsourced)
  • Astro's Playroom
Their 2nd party publishing team did work on:
  • No Heroes Allowed! VR
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • No Heroes Allowed! DASH!
  • Déraciné
  • Everybody's Golf VR
  • Monkey King: Hero Is Back
  • Death Stranding
  • Demon's Souls
During or after the mobile games era some left, some were fired, some moved to Team Asobi, where all internal teams ended being merged. Their 2nd party publishing team got their own office.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Nah. I have all of those PlayStation games on my PC, with the exception of Uncharted - which I will buy at some point.
Outside of junior console warrior reasons, I’m not sure why you would bother bring Xbox into the equation when I was replying about these games.

All of which I feel offer deeper gameplay focused design to Sony’s UBISoft style third person games.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like Sony’s games. I actually like them a hell of a lot. I’m just not beholden to a platform maker like some people, so I criticize no matter who it is.

Buggy Loop

disgusted not safe for work GIF

I don’t think I’ve seen a more Sony warrior post in years. And you dare call us juvenile?

The fuck is Microsoft suddenly doing here. As if they are not critiqued enough already? There’s not enough threads shitting on them already? You really had that urge to remind peoples how good Sony is compared to Microsoft? Was there like an astroturfing red alarm blazing through the night that identified this thread as need of saving for Sony’s image?

You probably don’t even understand the posts I made in this thread, let alone the games I would dig into more on PC than your precious Sony.

And I didn’t even say they are bad games, just not the fucking coming of Christ nor even Sony’s best or more interesting titles for my tastes, no cinematic games aren’t my thing, shock and awe.

I would trade all Sony games on PC tomorrow to keep DCS for example, a title you probably never heard, warrior.

Yeah, I just like wasting my cash on them too, for shit and giggles.

ddgwjTI.jpg

Why couldn’t you include these?

Because you’re a fanboy, a sad fucking one at that.

We can’t say anything here that would deviate from the mind hive that Sony GODLY SONY GOOD SONY 4THEGAMERS in any fucking constructive way.

Sales are there and low, now what?

Vick

Indeed, fucking hell you were triggered.

I don’t think I’ve seen a more Sony warrior post in years. And you dare call us juvenile?

The fuck is Microsoft suddenly doing here. As if they are not critiqued enough already?
Not really, not by the PCMR I quoted usually. No, and for certainly not to the extent I quoted.

There’s not enough threads shitting on them already? You really had that urge to remind peoples how good Sony is compared to Microsoft? Was there like an astroturfing red alarm blazing through the night that identified this thread as need of saving for Sony’s image?
denzel washington cringe GIF

You probably don’t even understand the posts I made in this thread, let alone the games I would dig into more on PC than your precious Sony.
You mean this? What's to understand?

Do you not believe that these exclusive wars and epeen match with another certain plastic box does not contribute to the mystique and overhype?

God of war IGN's 2021 user voted greatest game of all time?

Justin Timberlake What GIF

Looks like Steam answered.

KXgS9cV.png

Nothing about the "plastic box contributing to the mystique and overhype" you were rambling about then.

And I didn’t even say they are bad games, just not the fucking coming of Christ nor even Sony’s best or more interesting titles for my tastes, no cinematic games aren’t my thing, shock and awe.

I would trade all Sony games on PC tomorrow to keep DCS for example, a title you probably never heard, warrior.

Yeah, I just like wasting my cash on them too, for shit and giggles.

ddgwjTI.jpg
Sorry you didn't enjoy them.

Why couldn’t you include these?

Because you’re a fanboy, a sad fucking one at that.
Already said why, the blinding rage probably prevented you from reading further.

We can’t say anything here that would deviate from the mind hive that Sony GODLY SONY GOOD SONY 4THEGAMERS in any fucking constructive way.
We can, we do all the time. I do all the time, want a compilation?
Unfortunately, habits tend to become extremely familiar on a small community such as GAF, o so does bias. And believe it or not bias diminishes opinions value, but maybe I just mischaracterized you.

Woopah

After Knack 2 Japan Studio did work in different cancelled mobile games, plus the published:
  • Japan Studio VR Music Festival
  • LocoRoco 2 remaster (maybe outsourced)
  • The Last Guardian VR Demo (maybe outsourced)
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  • Patapon 2 remaster (maybe outsourced)
  • Astro's Playroom
Their 2nd party publishing team did work on:
  • No Heroes Allowed! VR
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • No Heroes Allowed! DASH!
  • Déraciné
  • Everybody's Golf VR
  • Monkey King: Hero Is Back
  • Death Stranding
  • Demon's Souls
During or after the mobile games era some left, some were fired, some moved to Team Asobi, where all internal teams ended being merged. Their 2nd party publishing team got their own office.
Which proves my point no? Knack did over 400,000 physical in Japan and everything you listed either didn't get anywhere near that or was outsourced to someone else.

Therefore, the PS5's Japanese performance hasn't really been impacted by a lot of the Japan Studio internal developers being laid off.

Top Bottom