• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

gruenel

My wife is still rocking an iPad 4 and is unsure whether iOS10 will further degrade performance, anyone tried the beta on an iPad 4?

Oli

mini 3 = "mini with retina (mini 2) with touch ID", right?
that should be roughly iPhone 5S / iPad Air hardware territory, right?
My iPad Air runs iOS 10 perfectly fine, fwiw.

That's right, it's supposedly the same as the Air 1. Do you have any sense of how it runs in comparison to iOS9? I noticed from 8 to 9 a huge drop in performance so I'm hoping its at least a level experience from 9 to 10.

Oppo

so I haven't been paying much attention to the iOS 10 update

but holy shit at the iMessage stuff. bonkers. they made... super snapchat?

Lkr

Few more hours to go

I "upgraded" from a 64gb 6 to a 16gb 6S Plus so I'm probably not gonna be doing this one OTA

bigkrev

So you can't pause music anymore with the control center?

moving playback controls (including showing available bluetooth and airplay devices, without having to enter a submenu) to another pane was pretty smart imho. - (on the iPad that is)

swiping up from the corner was kinda fiddly, yeah.

On the second panel?

PLEASE tell me there is a way to still have music playback features show up when you swipe up without having do to anything else. This is a critical feature to me when i'm at work!

robotrock

Banned
I'm wondering this as well. My guess is that they won't be able to see any of the new stuff until they update.

They see stickers as JPGs, as well as the animated digital gestures and animated stickers. All flat non-animated images now.

If you do the confetti thing they see "Sent with confetti" and if you do the invisible ink thing it does "sent with invisible ink"

If you press the haha on someones message they'll see "Person laughed at that"
PLEASE tell me there is a way to still have music playback features show up when you swipe up without having do to anything else. This is a critical feature to me when i'm at work!

Don't think so. You can still pause and play from the immediate lock screen.

Squalor

Yeah, swipe up. Swipe right. Leave it there.

It's way better to have it separated. Whichever screen you leave active on Control Center remains active next time you swipe up.

bigkrev

Yeah, swipe up. Swipe right. Leave it there.

It's way better to have it separated. Whichever screen you leave active on Control Center remains active next time you swipe up.

Oh thank god. The only other thing I use the control center for is to turn wifi on and off, so that shouldn't be an issue

Fry

Can you able/disble your 4g without having to go all the way into configuration?

This should be like android - next to the wifi setting. This is madness.

Squalor

Can you able/disble your 4g without having to go all the way into configuration?

No. The quickest way is to 3D Touch Settings, then select Cellular Data, which takes you straight to the setting.

jts

...hate me...

From the 6s you can 3d touch the settings button and go straight into mobile data or battery (to toggle low-power mode).

But yeah I guess it would be cool if the control center offered some customization.

gruenel

Yeah just saw it's one of the features of iOS 10 the export file size is around 30mb's

That's cool, thanks.

30MB per photo is quite insane but on the other hand I'll have space for about 2.000 photos like that and I'm periodically transferring the good stuff to my NAS anyway.

Jigolo

I just got the notification to update to 9.3.5. Can I just wait till Apple pushes this out and update to 10? Or will the app force me to update to 9.3.5 then 10

Squalor

Hmm not showing up for me.
Try again in a few minutes to see if Apple's servers repopulate.

If it still isn't working, turn your Wi-Fi off, then back on. Try again for the update.

If that doesn't work, try soft-resetting with the Home and Lock Buttons. Then look for the update.

robotrock

Banned
It's been 4,5 years or something. I certainly enjoyed my time with (it's running as we speak). What exactly is wrong with it?

Nothing, it was a totally solid machine. I think Apple just discontinued it after a year or so. That was when they released "The New iPad" and then discontinued the previous year's model, the 3, but still sold the iPad 2.

Barzul

Try again in a few minutes to see if Apple's servers repopulate.

If it still isn't working, turn your Wi-Fi off, then back on. Try again for the update.

If that doesn't work, try soft-resetting with the Home and Lock Buttons. Then look for the update.

Thanks, trying now.

None of the new emojis yet? I'm on android but I was hoping iOS would get the new emojis so I could start using them more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom