• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

Carm

Yes, it should download new episodes automatically. Had you restarted your phone without opening overcast? Maybe that affected it.

Don't think I did. Hrm, the way you word that, should I leave Overcast in the app switching screen? I've been killing the stuff I wasn't using in the app switcher.

tmdorsey

Ok, I'm at my wits end! I need to need know if there's a Twitter app that will give me notifications based on if a tweet from an account I'm following contains certain keywords?

An app with this functionality would make my life so much better, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone cares, Reddit is releasing an official app on April 7. I think they said it's US, UK, Canada and a few other countries only though.

Aizo

Banned
Is there a good app for customizing the homescreens and app layout? I don't like the way you are forced to organize apps and how they all move when you move one. I liked to move more important apps towards the bottom, and only having 4 spots on the last row is a bit of a bummer. This is probably one of the things I like least having switched from using android for years. I imagine there is an easy fix, though.

bPod

New to the Apple world, what's a good app for counting data. I use to have Onavo count on my Nexus 4 but looks like selection is very limited in the app store

Vyer

New to the Apple world, what's a good app for counting data. I use to have Onavo count on my Nexus 4 but looks like selection is very limited in the app store

Under Settings-Cellular there is a list of your apps that will show data it's used. You can reset the counter for all the apps.

Onavo seems to have a couple of apps in the store, but I don't know anything about them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can you recommend me a good Reddit App? I want to star/like/save/follow a couple of Subreddits, which I can open seperately and browse, I dont need a overview over tons of currently new or something like this

caramac

Can you recommend me a good Reddit App? I want to star/like/save/follow a couple of Subreddits, which I can open seperately and browse, I dont need a overview over tons of currently new or something like this

Narwhal is pretty decent.
If you like it you can pay a small fee to get rid of the ads

Vagabundo

Anyone know a good ios app that plays Audiobooks from google drive?

I've not listened to an audio book before so I'm not sure what features it would need, but obviously it would need to remember where you stop listening.

EDIT: some googling gave me: Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player,, anyone use it?

Ambitious

iOS 9 is now eight months old and Wunderlists Slide Over/Split Screen implementation is still completely broken. Embarrassing.

Oh, but they're working on it, they said. Great. Maybe they'll have it ready for the launch of iOS 10.

Another thing that's just plain stupid is how Wunderlist handles due date notifications and reminders. In addition to the built-in notifications of iOS and OS X, Wunderlist also has an "Activity" view which shows a big red badge if there's a new notification. So you have to open this view in order to clear it - on every single device you use Wunderlist with. And even if you actually tick off the respective item, the badge is not removed. You still have to clear it by yourself. Additionally, checking an item does not clear its notifications either. So you also have to manually discard all notifications, again on all devices you use Wunderlist with.

It's just shit. Time to find another ToDo app. (Not just for these two reasons, of course.)

Number45

Can anyone recommend a good weather app that has a decent widget for the notification centre? Don't mind paying for it, or to get rid of ads etc.

Ambitious

Could someone recommend me a decent weight tracking app? All I'm looking for is a clean, user-friendly UI with a quick, convenient way to enter my current weight and a way to visualize of my progress (e.g. a line chart). Additional features are welcome, but not required.

Oh, but they're working on it, they said. Great. Maybe they'll have it ready for the launch of iOS 10.

Another thing that's just plain stupid is how Wunderlist handles due date notifications and reminders. In addition to the built-in notifications of iOS and OS X, Wunderlist also has an "Activity" view which shows a big red badge if there's a new notification. So you have to open this view in order to clear it - on every single device you use Wunderlist with. And even if you actually tick off the respective item, the badge is not removed. You still have to clear it by yourself. Additionally, checking an item does not clear its notifications either. So you also have to manually discard all notifications, again on all devices you use Wunderlist with.

It's just shit. Time to find another ToDo app. (Not just for these two reasons, of course.)

It's been four months since iOS 10 was released. Split Screen/Slide Over is still broken. The only two updates they released since June were minor fixes.

Can anyone recommend a good weather app that has a decent widget for the notification centre? Don't mind paying for it, or to get rid of ads etc.

I use Forecast+, because it displays exactly the data I want to see and nothing else. However, the developers have abandoned their apps and haven't updated them in almost two years. Don't give them any money.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
VLC. Simple, and does it all.

Although now with iTunes neutered, how are we meant to put files onto the App? I've yet to try it.

It's still there like before. Just checked it out. It's under the file sharing section, then you select VLC and can upload from there. VLC also allows you to use ftp to upload things as well without iTunes

Top Bottom