• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2017 | He11o Darkest My Old Friend

ParityBit

So I looked at the app compatibility. Are all of these apps broken on iOS11 for sure? Or just maybe?

• Tiny Thief
  • Quarriors
  • Baulder's Gate
  • Xcom
  • etc?

killercow

So I looked at the app compatibility. Are all of these apps broken on iOS11 for sure? Or just maybe?

• Tiny Thief
  • Quarriors
  • Baulder's Gate
  • Xcom
  • etc?

Xcom is broken and you need to buy Enemy Within to get it working again. Baldur's Gate will be updated soon. The rest will be forever broken: Tiny Thief because Rovio doesn't want to update it and the team is gone as for Quarriors, the game hasn't been updated in forever and already had issues.

Ferulci

We just released an update for iOS11 (and Watch OS4) for our game The Knight Watch
It adds :
-4 new themes for customization
-new leaderboards
-gameplay improvements : you can now see the gold moves needed to finish a level.
- a new language (german)
- bug fix
It also improve performances for iOS11/Watch OS4 users.
Let me know if you have any feedbacks, questions or comments !

HotHamBoy

Pinball Arcade updated with Fathom

I wanted to highlight a game that slipped under the radar:

Pinball Cadet [FREE]

Published by Farsight Studios, the makers of The Pinball Arcade, but developed by Tilt Gaming Studios. No necessary IAP.

392x696bb.jpg

392x696bb.jpg

392x696bb.jpg

This a fun little game in the vein of Snowball! that doesn't ask for much.

bonesquad

It was the daily list on the app store's today page, today.

Ah, thanks. I didn't upgrade to iOS 11 which is why I'm guessing I didn't see that list.

I did want to try Mario Run again, mainly to see Mario run with headphones while playing music. So I stared up Spotify and then opened Mario Run. Strangely Mario Run stopped Spotify and started playing some random song I had in iTunes. Odd. And that wasn't a fluke as it kept happening. I've never seen that before. Usually my music stops or keeps going. Not Trying to force me to use Apple:)

Pinball Arcade updated with Fathom

I wanted to highlight a game that slipped under the radar:

Pinball Cadet [FREE]

Published by Farsight Studios, the makers of The Pinball Arcade, but developed by Tilt Gaming Studios. No necessary IAP.

This a fun little game in the vein of Snowball! that doesn't ask for much.
Looks cool, how does it compare to something like Zen Pinball?

awp69

AKA to Blue is fantastic, but brutal. Way harder IMO than Cave games. Having no continues is part of that. I still have not been able to get past the boss is the first level. Love the cel-shaded graphics. Bullet patterns, especially at the boss, definitely make this qualify as bullet “hell” by any measure. They are beautiful to look at though.

ParityBit

Nice! I am happy BG got updated.

One last thing before I update (may as well move forward). Should I just delete all the apps listed as not compatible and then update?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn Pathfinder Adventures looks dope but confusing dlc

what do i spend gold on before the price changes?

HotHamBoy

Last Colossus by Game Stew [1.99]

Game Stew is the 2-person studio behind the wonderful Tower of Fortune series and many other bizarre, unique little iOS games.

392x696bb.jpg

392x696bb.jpg

392x696bb.jpg

392x696bb.jpg

Speaking of pinball.... the best pinball game on iOS, Crystal Caliburn II, was updated to 64 bit a few days ago. If you like digital pinball this is the best! So glad this one wasn’t lost to the 64bit apocalypse

Pinball Crystal Caliburn II by LittleWing
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinball-crystal-caliburn-ii/id533037359?mt=8

Really? Looking at videos and I must say, I'm skeptical. Looks about on-par with Zaccaria. Not sure I want to gamble $4 on it.

Personally, I thibk the best single-table pinball app on mobile is Pro Pinball Timeshock Ultra Edition. Fantastic table, beautiful pre-rendered graphics, best digital pinball physics IMO.

The Pro Pinball tables were designed to be possible to make IRL and now Silver Castle is making a real life version of Timeshock!

timesilver.jpg

timeshock-whitewood.jpg

Jarsonot

awesome, thank you

are any of these bundles worth it? i guess i should wait til the change up the prices before i spend money

I honestly don't remember, it's been awhile since I've played. =) I should dive back in, though, I did really like the game.

ParityBit

Okay I updated to 11, deleting a bunch of older games but holding out hope for a couple in a random folder. So one is buying a new Xcom?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
What would be something that would look and play amazingly well on the 12.9 iPad Pro I just snagged?

I prefer RPGs but really anything that would look/play awesome. I'm out of the loop on iOS stuff, having not had any iOS device for a few years now.

PittaGAF

What would be something that would look and play amazingly well on the 12.9 iPad Pro I just snagged?

I prefer RPGs but really anything that would look/play awesome. I'm out of the loop on iOS stuff, having not had any iOS device for a few years now.

The Witness.
It’s probably the best looking game right now.
And an awesome game.

Matt Frost

Cat Quest might be what you are looking for. The closest thing to a mobile Zelda. Truly awesome. Or if you want something different with hints from Metroid Prime and No Mans Sky try Morphite. Both premium games.

awp69

Anyone with a PC or Xbox One playing Cuphead? Amazing shmup-platformer and hard as balls But I’m loving it! The 1930s cartoon style is sweet.

baconcow

iOS Gaming October 2017 | Witness Our Iron Civilization. The End Times Are Nigh.

I tried to use all of the recent key references: The Witness (Sep. 27), Iron Marines (Sep. 26), Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization (Sep. 22), and Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times (Oct. 19) while trying to keep the key focussed on WHQ2, which seems to be the hyped game of October.

colinp

Banned
iOS Gaming October 2017 | Witness Our Iron Civilization. The End Times Are Nigh.

I tried to use all of the recent key references: The Witness (Sep. 27), Iron Marines (Sep. 26), Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization (Sep. 22), and Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times (Oct. 19) while trying to keep the key focussed on WHQ2, which seems to be the hyped game of October.

I didn’t realize WHQ2 comes out later this month. That’s craaaaazy!

Top Bottom