• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2017 | He11o Darkest My Old Friend

In light of the iOS 11 appocalypse- I have a somewhat random question- what makes apple nuke some game from the App Store? I don't mean remove from the store itself, which happens all the time for various reason , but also from the purchased list? This feels pretty rare so I'm curious to why when it happens. I had this xcom-Cthulhu mashup called call of Cthulhu - the Wasted Land. I still have an old download of it but it's impossible to download directly from my iPad or iPhone. It has no exploits I know of either .

F34R

In light of the iOS 11 appocalypse- I have a somewhat random question- what makes apple nuke some game from the App Store? I don't mean remove from the store itself, which happens all the time for various reason , but also from the purchased list? This feels pretty rare so I'm curious to why when it happens. I had this xcom-Cthulhu mashup called call of Cthulhu - the Wasted Land. I still have an old download of it but it's impossible to download directly from my iPad or iPhone. It has no exploits I know of either .

Hmm... I checked too. Not there. I sent them a tweet asking about that. We'll see if they reply.

Hmm... I checked too. Not there. I sent them a tweet asking about that. We'll see if they reply.
My hope it has a fully functional PS3 emulator hidden inside it lives on then.
Thanks! Let me know if anything comes out of it. It was a decent game, too!

Oynox

They are not removed from your purchased list, I guess they are not shown in iOS 11 at all.

No 32 bit games were removed from your purchased list due to the release of iOS 11, if you still are on iOS 10. If they were removed, they were by the developers or publishers hands.

They are not removed from your purchased list, I guess they are not shown in iOS 11 at all.

No 32 bit games were removed from your purchased list due to the release of iOS 11, if you still are on iOS 10. If they were removed, they were by the developers or publishers hands.
My device are not on ios 11. This is different from the 32 bit stuff. They *were* removed from my purchase list.

edit: I just transferred the app on an ios 10 ipad. It has an interesting bug - even thought the app, seen from my non-updated itunes, has the 'proper' icon (a cthulhu face), when transferred to the ipad, the icon glitches and shows the developer logo instead. The game itself is partially glitchy, but seems fine.

My device are not on ios 11. This is different from the 32 bit stuff. They *were* removed from my purchase list.

edit: I just transferred the app on an ios 10 ipad. It has an interesting bug - even thought the app, seen from my non-updated itunes, has the 'proper' icon (a cthulhu face), when transferred to the ipad, the icon glitches and shows the developer logo instead. The game itself is partially glitchy, but seems fine.
I’m not totally certain about this, but this sounds like a case where the developer’s Apple License wasn’t renewed. If you don’t pay $100 a year, your apps are removed from the store.

PittaGAF

The Witness is constantly blowing my mind at every twist.

I’m at 306+6 and despite I know there are more than 500 puzzles, I think I’m missing just 2 beams (some sort of colored waters bay and the central village).

GLORIOUS.

EDIT: 348 + 8 and....
apparenlty last beam
!!!

The Pro is your best bet. I bought one because it should last years, and if it starts to be slow I'll just sell it and buy a new one.

Beware of Darkest Dungeon for iOS. Look at this review:
Is the unique aspect ratio a common problem for games on the Ipad Pro?

killercow

Is the unique aspect ratio a common problem for games on the Ipad Pro?

Nope, it's just that when a game is ported you can either adapt everything to the 4:3 ratio of the iPad (not specific to the pro in any way) or quick port it from 16:9 with black bars. That's what happened here but it's rare.

PittaGAF

In the case of Darkest Dungeon I’ve read that of course the devs immediately noticed the ‘problem’ (to be honest is not that big imho) but they had all the assets in the other format and it was an impossible task to redo everything just for the iOS version.
They even told they learnt the lesson tough, so all future assets will be done with this in mind from the start.

Hey guys, is the October thread coming up? I want to dish out some codes for our new game that we just released, but I don't want them seeing go to waste on an old thread!

kriskrosbbk

Guys I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to 7 Plus and looking for some Diablo like games as I am currently replaying DIII on my PS4 Pro. Suggest me some please: Ember, Titan quest...?I heard Titan Quest has some really bad framerate even on good hardware,which might be bad.
I am looking for something with the same different rarity items, hack and slash, classes game if possible. So what do you say ?

HotHamBoy

MS has console exclusivity for Cuphead in perpetuity but Steam and GOG got it and Mac and Linux ports are in the works.

So....

What do you think the odds are of an iOS port?

Touchscreen controls would not be great but on an iPad with a MFi controller it would rule.

It's really too bad it will never come to Switch, that would be perfect for a game like that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
MS has console exclusivity for Cuphead in perpetuity but Steam and GOG got it and Mac and Linux ports are in the works.

So....

What do you think the odds are of an iOS port?

Touchscreen controls would not be great but on an iPad with a MFi controller it would rule.

It's really too bad it will never come to Switch, that would be perfect for a game like that.

Having played the game I can't see how it could possibly work with touch controls. It's a ruthlessly hard shooter that requires precision.

awp69

Having played the game I can't see how it could possibly work with touch controls. It's a ruthlessly hard shooter that requires precision.

Agreed. I have it on Xbox One and love it. But it’s brutally hard and definitely would require more precision than I think would be possible on mobile. It’s hard enough with a physical controller!

Guys I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to 7 Plus and looking for some Diablo like games as I am currently replaying DIII on my PS4 Pro. Suggest me some please: Ember, Titan quest...?I heard Titan Quest has some really bad framerate even on good hardware,which might be bad.
I am looking for something with the same different rarity items, hack and slash, classes game if possible. So what do you say ?
Assuming you're not looking for a fremium game, only action one I can think of is Battleheart Legacy. Doesn't have as big of a loot aspect as Diablo but it is pretty fun and has some good RPG mechanics.

Rogue Wizards is a heavy loot based game that is very similar to Diablo but is turn based instead of action.

Matt Frost

Try Cat Quest. Is not much like Diablo but is the best modern RPG you can find on the AppStore

How big are games on average or what's the largest one so far? Getting an ipad pro in the next day or two and can't decide on a size and the pricing is kind of crazy for the difference in space.

How big are games on average or what's the largest one so far? Getting an ipad pro in the next day or two and can't decide on a size and the pricing is kind of crazy for the difference in space.

I have a lot of my stuff in iCloud Drive or Dropbox but I dont feel like I need more then the base storage, I only have at max 3-4 games installed at a time. my photos are all in google photos.

If you are REALLY budget concerned I would not feel bad about the 64gb.

Ps. The 10.5 iPad Pro is probably the best piece of technology I have owned in YEARS.

Grab a pencil and the Smart Keyboard when you can.

Maybe I am completely naive to the needs of most people but I would never pay for more storage.

Currently playing this and having a blast. I just finished up the third dungeon this morning. It's a Zelda-lite, in that there's an overworld and a number of dungeons to crawl through. You don't get games this well-crafted for free very often.

• Movement: Tap a location on screen and your hero will route themselves to that space. Clean and simple.
  • Combat: Tap an enemy to attack them. I've been playing on the harder difficulty; the challenge in combat comes down to managing groups of enemies and playing around their attacks. Early in the game it's pretty mindless, but by the third dungeon you'll die really quickly if you try to just win through attrition.
  • Abilities: You start by playing as Hopper, who has just a basic fist attack. As you progress through dungeons, you'll rescue other characters from the show who come with their own unique abilities. You can switch between characters at any time, and the game is clever enough to automatically switch for you if you tap on something that requires a different character to interact with it.
  • Dungeons: There appear to be 8 dungeons, and each one seems to be larger than the previous. So far each dungeon has its own unique mechanic that it leverages for puzzle solving.
  • Collectibles: There are a lot of them. 40 heart pieces, 12 gnomes, 8 VHS tapes, plus fetch quests for upgrades.
  • Plot: Barely any so far. It assumes you know all of the characters already from the show.

It's not revolutionary, but it's well put together and very enjoyable. And free.

colinp

Banned
Cool guys, thanks! Let me know what you would like to see in the game, and post your highscores!

200,826! Things clicked a bit more for me today so I was able to unlock a bunch of cars (The Turbo is up next).

REKT is pretty slick. Plays real good and has a one more try addictive arcade feel.

But damn does it drain my 6S+ battery like there’s no tomorrow.

Edit: I do find it annoying that despite scoring 200,000 points it didn’t unlock all of the cars that required 200,000 points or less.

Top Bottom