• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IOSU Hack (homebrew and more) planned to be released for Wii U on Dec. 24th

Dusted off my Wii U Gamepad (literally - I've had it quarantined since these news broke), updated to 5.5.1, went through all of my games one-by-one and updated them, and set up the DNS.

Some day we'll be able to play GameCube games using the Gamepad, and it'll be glorious.

So it looks like Wii VC games can't be dumped yet, going by the ddd github. Too bad for now, I was hoping the DS ROM trick would work on those as well and I could extract the VC games for use in Dolphin. Guess I'll bide my time.

I guess now is the time to download my purchases off the eShop if I want to keep homebrew after the inevitable system update? I'll need to disable the tubehax DNS in order to do so, I think.

Anth0ny

I just realized that, having just finished Star Fox... I'm pretty much done with Wii U software. I'll be playing Zelda on NX and don't care about anything else.

Gonna update and make sure I don't get any auto updates that fuck up homebrew in the future.

So it looks like Wii VC games can't be dumped yet, going by the ddd github. Too bad for now, I was hoping the DS ROM trick would work on those as well and I could extract the VC games for use in Dolphin. Guess I'll bide my time.

Wii VC is an ambiguous term for some of us. Quoted you to deny, then understood what you meant, heh.

To be exact just in case:
Wii Shop Channel (including VC): broken like it's 1999
eShop Wii "VC" titles: the greatest secret of Wii U at the moment since neither regular vWii hacking nor Wii U kernel exploitation seem to even touch it at all

Audioboxer

5.5.1 still the latest update?

My boxed up Wii U is on 5.3.2. Cautious about rushing to update due to the above, and everyone always says still on oldest FW.

Joey Ravn

Banned
wheres the bloody wii u homebrew OT, ehhhh?

OK! OK! I'm gonna do it today! Gee, I have some stuff going on right now, but I'll do it anyway :p

It'll be my first OT. Tell me what you would like to see in it, guys. I will include the system requirements, the files needed, the procedure to get it running, what it can be achieved at the moment and some FAQs. Anything else I might be missing?

Also, suggest a title if you want a clever pun! Otherwise it'll be the generic "Wii U Homebrew |OT| Applications, emulators and more!".

SigSig

5.5.1 still the latest update?

It should be, yes.

OK! OK! I'm gonna do it today! Gee, I have some stuff going on right now, but I'll do it anyway :p

It'll be my first OT. Tell me what you would like to see in it, guys. I will include the system requirements, the files needed, the procedure to get it running, what it can be achieved at the moment and some FAQs. Anything else I might be missing?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215749

cyress8

Banned
It's sad that I only want the exploit just to cheat at Xenoblade X. So thanks whoever leaked the exploit.

Started another new game and in the mood to see how it will break now. (Before anyone says anything negative. I've finished the game twice and and geared myself up with 4 Ares 90)

Once I'm done I guess I'll finally retire the Wii U.

M3d10n

For DS games you can also upscale.

Native res:
0o7Rude.jpg

Forced 2x internal res:
H8T4fGq.jpg
WTF? The Wii U DS emulator can increase the internal resolution?? How come you never heard of this?

Boney

Banned
WTF? The Wii U DS emulator can increase the internal resolution?? How come you never heard of this?
Only through the homebrew launcher. You just need to change a value from 1 to 2. It might glitch out and 3 and 4 will definitely glitch supposedly

Wii VC is an ambiguous term for some of us. Quoted you to deny, then understood what you meant, heh.

To be exact just in case:
Wii Shop Channel (including VC): broken like it's 1999
eShop Wii "VC" titles: the greatest secret of Wii U at the moment since neither regular vWii hacking nor Wii U kernel exploitation seem to even touch it at all

Oh, yeah, my bad. I definitely meant the latter standalone titles.

Top Bottom