• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone else waiting for Japanese Nintendo Switch preorders?

Koppai

Japanese preorders blocked from foreign addresses confirmed. I already have a US system was just curious lol.

Games don't seem to be locked though don't know why you would want Japanese version when it's region free.

Mr-Joker

Banned
you don't actually, taking example that "£211 is certainly more appealing than £270" post, even ignoring shipping cost, 211 * 1.2 = 269 already, and that's w/o courier service charge for "we handled the tax thingy on behalf of you". include shipping cost? way higher + way slower
of course this is ignoring the fact that you might use service that allows you to modify invoice statement

Plus taking into account that the person would have to buy a new adapter to charge the Switch in the UK, which bumps up the price.

jobrro

There two types of consoles for order on Amazon... About 3000¥ difference. Anyone know what is different about them?

Edit: Answered below.

Wubby

Woot, pre ordered the grey and neon on amazon.

Amazon Japan has some bundle with screen protector and bag also i saw. Anyone getting that?

KtSlime

There two types of consoles for order on Amazon... About 3000¥ difference. Anyone know what is different about them?

The limited Amazon one comes with a pouch, cleaning cloth, and screen protector.

Okay, I got mine from Amazon. Bic was already broken.

jobrro

Woot, pre ordered the grey and neon on amazon.

Amazon Japan has some bundle with screen protector and bag also i saw. Anyone getting that?

Ordered a bundle and a standalone, both gray. Not sure which I will keep, if any.

Edit: Cancelled my gray bundle. Will keep the standard gray for now.

Jiraiza

You can probably use Tenso to get it from Amazon JP. Not ordering myself since they confirmed the no region lock.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck happened? As soon as it went up, I went to checkout and was about to select payment. All of the sudden, it was gone.

i'm surprised grey ones sold out first before the coloured one
edit: look at these scalpers... 130k yen lol
5109d6ce58.png

Wubby

Ordered a bundle and a standalone, both gray. Not sure which I will keep, if any.

I got one of each on pre-order as well...

Neons are still up for now. Guess Japanese don't want that one.

Yodobashi's site seems to be down hah

KtSlime

i'm surprised grey ones sold out first before the coloured one
edit: look at these scalpers... 130k yen lol
5109d6ce58.png

Me too, everyone at the Experience event kept calling the Red and Blue the standard (定番) so I had assumed it would be the most popular.

FingerBang

GOT ONE FROM RAKUTEN BOOKS! :D

They are already sold out after 10 minutes and it's the one with the colored joycon but, HEY! I was able to preorder one from the comfort of my house!

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
It's incredible that Amazon doesn't let you hold on whatever it's on your cart for at least 2 minutes in order to give you time to checkout (choose your address and payment method).

Man, I'm so bitter right now. First the US store, now the JP store. I can't pre-order this damn thing.

qko

I disagree, it's not bad logic at all. It protects consumers native to said country to be able to pre-order without worry that foreigners will come and snatch their supply up.

Sooooo... essentially Region Lock.

No, no more it Aussies want to scoop up Japanese stock then have at it, I don't wanna deal with Region Lock any more.

tsumineko

So fucking happy, I got a Switch preorder on Amazon. Yodobashi and Bic websites are completely down.

Edit: Sofmap website works, but it's sold out.

Top Bottom