• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisenherz

Banned
bill0527 said:
Hogan has had a lot of interests away from wrestling. He was able to do other things so that the wrestling business was not the entire focus of his life. He's been able to take long breaks away from wrestling, unlike other guys who spend most of their lives in the business. A business... that for some reason, really screws you up.
Yep, he did the right things. And after all, he's the greatest ever

Aisenherz said:
Yep, he did the right things. And after all, he's the greatest ever

Well I don't know about that... :)

But Hogan was the top earner in the Business for years. He crossed over into TV acting and movies and he had made a killing in WCW. He is one of the few truly crossover stars wrestling ever produced along with The Rock and maybe 2 or three others. Andre? Austin?

Now breaking at CNN:

A law enforcement official close to the investigation tells The Associated Press that pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room.

Stoney Mason said:
Well I don't know about that... :)

But Hogan was the top earner in the Business for years. He crossed over into TV acting and movies and he had made a killing in WCW. He is one of the few truly crossover stars wrestling ever produced along with The Rock and maybe 2 or three others. Andre? Austin?

Austin has zero crossover appeal.

kassatsu said:
It's a sad, sad day.

But yeah...this IS really ****ed up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
F-ing sick,wtf

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20628.shtml

If, when the facts come out in this case, it truly was Chris Benoit who killed his wife Nancy and his seven year old son Daniel, then everything I’ve admired about the man for the last 12 years will have been wiped out. He wasn’t tough, he was weak. He didn’t persevere, he gave up. And while he went above and beyond what people thought him capable, I never thought him a murderer.

<sigh> :(

painey

it doesnt sound like he killed his family because he was gunna commit suicide.. it sounds like he commited suicide because he killed them.

kassatsu

Banned
Shorty said:
What must've been going on in his head to smother his own son?

SI via AP said:
Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.
roid rage?

OmniGamer

Shorty said:
What must've been going on in his head to smother his own son?

Actually what hits me hard is what must've been going on in his son's head during that...especially if he knew it was his own father doing it ;-(

DustinC

It's been nuts watching this unfold since last night. The thing that really bothers me is that it sounds like he killed his wife and then just, I dunno, kept his kid alive for a bit before killing him. It'd be one thing to kill them both in a fit of rage (which obviously would be horrible too), but to ****ing sit around with the kid and his dead wife before doing him in? Jesus.

DustinC said:
It's been nuts watching this unfold since last night. The thing that really bothers me is that it sounds like he killed his wife and then just, I dunno, kept his kid alive for a bit before killing him. It'd be one thing to kill them both in a fit of rage (which obviously would be horrible too), but to ****ing sit around with the kid and his dead wife before doing him in? Jesus.

yikes. horrible

Kreed

AlphaSnake said:
I don't know if this was posted or not (nor do I care to search through 1000 replies), but take it with a grain of salt:

Comparing what you quoted to the CNN story it looks like at least "some" of that story was true. Still can't believe it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
As a father of 2 girls (2 and 10), I can't think of anything on this earth that would drive me to kill either of them.

:(

Aisenherz

Banned
DustinC said:
Yeah, what a sick f***

kassatsu said:
roid rage?
three days? Saturday, Sunday and Monday?
hm.....

The Benoit story is about to be on CNN if anyone is interested.

StoOgE said:
Shard, but look at wrestlers back then.. they looked like normal people.. jacked people? Yes. But no one looked like batista or Masters. Even the buff ones had a gut and some body fat. Ivan Putsky for instance was considfered one of the most "in shape" wrestlers in the late 70's.. he wouldnt even be in the top 20 now.

Now you have to look like a roid head AND be on the road 24/7.. and if you dont look like that? You'll get pushed right down the card.

Vince rewards this behaviour with title runs and big paydays.

This is from a few pages back but it needs to be quoted again because its so correct. The main reason why I stopped watching wrestling is because the wrestlers that were getting pushes all looked like giant roid users. There was Batista and then Lashley and more guys that I cant think of. And those guys that are on the top cant work a mic and cant wrestle. Wrestling is far from what it was 10 years ago and I mean that in the worst way possible.

This is another reasont the Benoit tragedy was such a shame, he was one of the few guys left in wrestling who had that kind of skill.

dem

Well this makes the WWE special last night terribly bizarre.

Triple HHH's story last night about how Benoit made some kid to 1000 squats for disrespecting Shawn Michaels.. and then another 500 the next day... makes him sound like a psycho.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Just read about the details. What a sick asshole. I hope he burns in hell for killing the mother of his son and his child.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What a ****ing waste of life. He should have killed himself and left his family alone.

I just can't understand why someone would kill a young child. Maybe the wife did super evil things (althought there is still no excuse to murder her) but the child?

Sad story.

pCeSlAyEr

OmniGamer said:
Actually what hits me hard is what must've been going on in his son's head during that...especially if he knew it was his own father doing it ;-(
that makes me sick to my stomach :(

*EDIT*
how old was his child?

BirdBomb

Banned
TOM f'N CRUISE said:
Benoit_and_Guerrero_celebrate_at_Wr.jpg

at least he is with his friend Eddy now.......

what did eddie ever do to deserve to burn in hell? because that's where benoit will forever be, along with all the other selfish, gutless cowards who kill their families then themselves.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't blame WWE at all for that tribute. Knowing what they knew, they absolutely did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom