• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meier said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2917133&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

New AP story on ESPN about it.. might just be the same referenced from CNN. Same details provided -- seriously, this is just mindblowing. How does WWE handle it from here? Apologize for the tribute next week?

I dont think the WWE needs to apologize for the tribute, they didnt do anything wrong in my opinion. Even if they did know he killed his family, he is one of the most legendary wrestlers of the past 20 years and not honoring his wrestling ability would be wrong. As long as they dont focus on his life outside the ring, theres nothing wrong with that kind of tribute.

No matter what, the point is that the WWE is trying to distance themselves from him and I wouldnt be suprised if he never gets mentioned again. I dont even know if they would enter him into the HoF.

dem said:
Well this makes the WWE special last night terribly bizarre.

Triple HHH's story last night about how Benoit made some kid to 1000 squats for disrespecting Shawn Michaels.. and then another 500 the next day... makes him sound like a psycho.

You can pick out clues from almost each persons speech on tv.

v1c

horrible ending to what could of been a nice wrestling legacy. No Hall of Fame induction ever and he will be edited out of wwe history. What a waste

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Xenon said:
No we don't. This is horrible no reason could ever be made of it.

It may be horrible, but that doesn't mean we should stop looking for a reason why Mr Benoit went off the deep end and killed his family, that just isn't something you stop asking "why?" for.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Y2Kev said:
I don't blame WWE at all for that tribute. Knowing what they knew, they absolutely did the right thing.

But THEY did know - they were the ones that told the authorities to go check on Benoit. God, you're clueless. WWE is a dirty f*cking organization that breeds shady shit like this.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Aisenherz said:
three days? Saturday, Sunday and Monday?
hm.....

Yeah, roid rage doesn't last 3 days. Maybe Chris just went crazy. Maybe he started using meth, I don't know.

Let's not blame the wrestling industry. This was Chris' doing. After all the shit Matt Hardy went through, he should have snapped and killed Edge and Lita. This was Chris and Chirs alone. The only other situation like this I can remember was Jimmy Snuka killing his gf in a hotel.

super funk said:
I dont think the WWE needs to apologize for the tribute, they didnt do anything wrong in my opinion. Even if they did know he killed his family, he is one of the most legendary wrestlers of the past 20 years and not honoring his wrestling ability would be wrong. As long as they dont focus on his life outside the ring, theres nothing wrong with that kind of tribute.

No matter what, the point is that the WWE is trying to distance themselves from him and I wouldnt be suprised if he never gets mentioned again. I dont even know if they would enter him into the HoF.

QFT.

He basically becomes the WWE version of "Song of the South".

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
DarienA said:
As a father of 2 girls (2 and 10), I can't think of anything on this earth that would drive me to kill either of them.

:(
QFT. I would give my life for my daughter without even a moment's hesitation. I don't know how anyone could do this.

At this point my guess is roid rage. He probably didn't even realize what he was doing. It would also easily explain the suicide once he came down and realized what had happened.

dem

super funk said:

Dude.. are you retarded? Wrestling is ACTING. He wasnt doing anything great for the world.

AND HE MURDERED HIS FAMILY.

Willco

Hollywood Square
borghe said:
At this point my guess is roid rage. He probably didn't even realize what he was doing. It would also easily explain the suicide once he came down and realized what had happened.

But the wife and child were killed separately. Roid rage doesn't last that long!

Willco said:
But THEY did know - they were the ones that told the authorities to go check on Benoit. God, you're clueless. WWE is a dirty f*cking organization that breeds shady shit like this.

They feared for his safety, they certainly had no idea he had (possibly) murdered his family. Do you not know how many wrestlers have died untimely deaths? Sadly its not very rare.

Willco

Hollywood Square
iconoclast said:
They feared for his safety, they certainly had no idea he had (possibly) murdered his family. Do you not know how many wrestlers have died untimely deaths? Sadly its not very rare.

Why do you think they feared for his safety? They obviously knew something, as they got a string of disturbing text messages. The article clearly states they asked the authorities to check on the Benoit family, not just Benoit himself. They knew what was up.

I mean, try and justify a tasteless tribute and a murderer killing his wife and child all you guys want. Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

Willco said:
Why do you think they feared for his safety? They obviously knew something, as they got a string of disturbing text messages. The article clearly states they asked the authorities to check on the Benoit family, not just Benoit himself. They knew what was up.

I mean, try and justify a tasteless tribute and a murderer killing his wife and child all you guys want. Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

Yes we know. You are OUTRAGED. We get it. Move along now..

I dont think there is anything wrong with remembering the 20 years of sane Benoit... the three days (well prehaps longer) of crazy chris makes it seem wrong though. :(

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
This is just so f*cked up. I'm sad, and mad at Benoit for doing such a thing. That said, he's still a legend in wrestling, and should be respected for what hes done in the business.

So Willco, if a friend or family member of yours killed someone and committed suicide, would you not honor his memory? The WWE is a big family, of course they should pay tribute to him - murderer or not.

Willco said:

Maybe they were in denial like the rest of the apologists here. Until the Details were revealed this morning he was pretty much innocent until proven guilty. If I told you Bruce Campbell killed his wife or something and you have no proof except the fact that his wife was dead would you believe it right away?

man **** this shit, ****ing punk bitch shit to do what he did.

vince is damned if he does or if he doesnt.

and I cant imagine that vince knew beforehand he had killed his family, all he knew is that he was dead but in hindsight the whole tribute show was a bad idea.

dem

Keyser Soze said:
I dont think there is anything wrong with remembering the 20 years of sane Benoit... the three days (well prehaps longer) makes it seem wrong though. :(

Yes
Im waiting for the Hitler tribute.
Lets forget the millions dead... he was fun to have a drink with!

Willco

Hollywood Square
Stoney Mason said:
I've posted my thoughts many times in the thread. I'm not going to rehash them for a baiter poster like you.

I'm not going back seventeen pages, especially since anything behind the past two seem to be like, "NO WAI LETS WAIT TILL WE GET THE INFO GUYZ HIS WIFE KILLED HIS SON AND THEN HE TOOK JUSTICE IN HIS OWN HANDS!"

You're insane.

Willco said:
I'm not going back seventeen pages, especially since anything behind the past two seem to be like, "NO WAI LETS WAIT TILL WE GET THE INFO GUYZ HIS WIFE KILLED HIS SON AND THEN HE TOOK JUSTICE IN HIS OWN HANDS!"

You're insane.

I know the CAPS show your moral outrage and the lack of mine. I get it.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yes, let's remember the legacy of an actor that did pretty much nothing for the world all while ignoring the fact that he killed his wife and child. It's just kind of dumb. That's like saying, "Hey, let's remember what an awesome football player O.J. Simpson was!"

HOW FAR DO YOU THINK THAT'D THREAD WOULD GO.

dem said:
Yes
Im waiting for the Hitler tribute.
Lets forget the millions dead... he was fun to have a drink with!

I don't really feel too strongly one way or the other about this topic but you've reached an entirely new level of stupidity by comparing this situation to the Holocaust. Bravo.

You don't know him and you don't know what was wrong with him. If he had some kind of mental problem, the Benoit people knew and the Benoit that killed his family and himself could have been two entirely different people (In the same way that someone that has succumbed to Alzheimers is, or isn't, the person you know depending on what state of mind they are in).

Willco said:

You're insane.
you're not making sense...

when they did the tribute, he was just dead...

sure, HOURS AFTER the tribute aired, we found out he was a murderer, but it's not like they have a time machine...

and "knowing something was up" isn't good enough...

Willco said:
Yes, let's remember the legacy of an actor that did pretty much nothing for the world all while ignoring the fact that he killed his wife and child. It's just kind of dumb. That's like saying, "Hey, let's remember what an awesome football player O.J. Simpson was!"

are you implying that OJ *wasn't* an awesome football player?

or that he is somehow comparable to someone who actually killed two people?

dem

WickedAngel said:
I don't really feel too strongly one way or the other about this topic but you've reached an entirely new level of stupidity by comparing this situation to the Holocaust. Bravo.

HE MURDERED HIS WIFE AND CHILD

Fatalah

There should be a tribute to "Woman", a poor innocent woman killed by her husband.

Also, Chavo said he spent the night at the Benoit house this weekend. He could have some pertinent information to fill out a motive.

By the way, Stephanie McMahon has only gotten prettier through the years. Triple H is a lucky man.

pCeSlAyEr

he may of had a reason for killing his wife(not right I know), but I don't understand why the child...

there is no reason in the world to kill your own child... he was seriously ****ed in the head if he did that...

Willco said:

I can keep it on a non-personal level. I'm not the one who entered the thread hurling insults at other posters and mischaracterizing others positions. But I'm used to it from you.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The Faceless Master said:

sure, HOURS AFTER the tribute aired, we found out he was a murderer, but it's not like they have a time machine...

and "knowing something was up" isn't good enough...

Dude, they sent the cops to the Benoit house. They knew what was up. You're crazy. This is like telling Scientologists that psychologists aren't even space aliens after all.

The CNN story didnt add anything new, except that the said "freinds recieved text messages" as in more than one person. Dont know if that was intentional or not.

dem said:
Dude.. are you retarded? Wrestling is ACTING. He wasnt doing anything great for the world.

AND HE MURDERED HIS FAMILY.

Its just a tribute on a wrestling program, the very wrestling program that he was a part of. The didnt give him a parade or have a funeral on tv. If Robert De Niro had done the same thing, I dont think anyone would object to giving him a tribute at the Oscars.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Stoney Mason said:
Huh? What's that story? I've never heard it...

Not going to derail this thread, but here is a snippet and a link to the full article - http://p220.ezboard.com/fsc270529frm4.showMessage?topicID=185.topic

But Snuka’s near-*Midnight Express* experience in the Persian Gulf was child’s play compared to what happened on May 10, 1983. That night, after finishing his last match at the WWF TV taping at the Lehigh County Agricultural Hall in Allentown, Pennsylvania, he returned to Room 427 of the George Washington Motor Lodge in nearby Whitehall to find his girlfriend of nearly a year, Nancy Argentino, gasping for air. Two hours later, this 23-year-old wrestling fan – who'd worked as a dentist’s assistant in Brooklyn and dropped out of Brooklyn Community College to travel with Snuka – was pronounced dead at Allentown Sacred Heart Medical Center of “undetermined craniocerebral injuries.”

“Upon viewing the body and speaking to the pathologist, I immediately suspected foul play and so notified the district attorney,” Lehigh County Coroner Wayne Snyder told me on a recent trip to Allentown. In ’83, Snyder was deputy to Coroner Robert Weir.

Yet no charges were filed in the case, no coroner’s inquest was held, and no evidence was presented to a grand jury. Officially the case is still open – meaning Argentino’s death was never ruled either an accident or a homicide – though the original two-month-long investigation has been inactive for nine years. Under Pennsylvania’s unusually broad exemptions from freedom of information laws, the Whitehall Township Police Department has so far refused my requests for access to the file.

Of particular interest would be two documents: the autopsy and the transcript of the interrogation of Snuka immediately thereafter. One local official involved in the investigation, as well as one of the Argentino family’s lawyers, told me the autopsy showed marks on the victim other than the fractured skull. And former Whitehall police supervisor of detectives Al Fitzinger remembered that the forensic pathologist, Dr. Isadore Mihalakis, confronted Snuka to ask him why he’d waited so long before calling an ambulance.

In wrestling circles it is assumed he did it and got away with it.

pCeSlAyEr said:
he may of had a reason for killing his wife(not right I know), but I don't understand why the child...

there is no reason in the world to kill your own child... he was seriously ****ed in the head if he did that...
i don't understand how so many people can say "he may have had a reason to kill his wife"... i mean, is killing wives now an understandable (but bad!) thing to do?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Fatalah said:
There should be a tribute to "Woman", a poor innocent woman killed by her husband.

Also, Chavo said he spent the night at the Benoit house this weekend. He could have some pertinent information to fill out a motive.

By the way, Stephanie McMahon has only gotten prettier through the years. Triple H is a lucky man.

Speaking of Stephanie which tribute was it where she was really crying and said something like you're gone now and it doesn't seem real.... that shit tore at my soul. I'm guessing that was Eddie's?

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm still shocked as to why the WWE would choose to do a tribute show for this "man." What an awful decision, and this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20. A lot of us were saying this last night.

What a terrible decision.

kassatsu

Banned
The Faceless Master said:

They could have done something different for the west coast airing.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
dem said:
Well this makes the WWE special last night terribly bizarre.

Triple HHH's story last night about how Benoit made some kid to 1000 squats for disrespecting Shawn Michaels.. and then another 500 the next day... makes him sound like a psycho.

Daivari.

dem

super funk said:
Its just a tribute on a wrestling program, the very wrestling program that he was a part of. The didnt give him a parade or have a funeral on tv. If Robert De Niro had done the same thing, I dont think anyone would object to giving him a tribute at the Oscars.

Uh.. im pretty sure they WOULD object.

YOU DONT GIVE TRIBUTES TO MURDERERS.

Wow.. some of you are INSANE.

Willco said:
Dude, they sent the cops to the Benoit house. They knew what was up. You're crazy. This is like telling Scientologists that psychologists aren't even space aliens after all.
:lol :lol :lol

if they knew what was up, vince wouldn't have cancelled raw.

that's for damn sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom