• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Willco said:
So you can remember the legacy of a murderer? Am I in bizarro world?

Only if the WWE actually had known that Chris Benoit killed himself and his family like you're theorizing. The majority of us in this topic believe that the WWE did not know what really happened at the time of the tribute, and at that time the tribute was appropriate.

Ryck

Sorry Wilco, Liu Kang beat you to the punch in this thread... can't blame you for trying tho ( some people are biting).. I doubt it's something you guys can even control at this point.

(Im refering to the baiting posts of course)

The Faceless Master said:
i don't understand how so many people can say "he may have had a reason to kill his wife"... i mean, is killing wives now an understandable (but bad!) thing to do?

It is sort of in poor taste but I think what they are really wanting to know is what was his rationalization for doing it. (Like the suicide note) Of course there is really almost no justifiable reason a husband would kill his wife and none at all for killing his child.

Willco said:
Dude, they sent the cops to the Benoit house. They knew what was up. You're crazy. This is like telling Scientologists that psychologists aren't even space aliens after all.

you dont know why they sent the cops there. It could be jsut they thought he was gonna commit suicide and had no idea about the murders. They might have belived one of the theorys how is wife killed his son or something. You could be right but people are not wrong in believing otherwise.

dem said:
Uh.. im pretty sure they WOULD object.

YOU DONT GIVE TRIBUTES TO MURDERERS.

Wow.. some of you are INSANE.

They didn't know he was a murderer when they were doing the show, fool.

What is wrong with you?

Willco said:
Yes, let's remember the legacy of an actor that did pretty much nothing for the world
It's odd you would make this comment on a website devoted to entertainment, using a picture of another entertainer to represent yourself.

super funk said:
If Robert De Niro had done the same thing, I dont think anyone would object to giving him a tribute at the Oscars.

I really really really doubt that that's true.

They simply did not know at the time the details of the event. I mean, look at the graphics they used, smiling family together, they had no idea, clearly, that he had murdered his family.

Chiggs

Gold Member
dem said:

I agree with you totally. Some of the comments in this thread is almost as bad as the "Won't buy Bioshock because you can't kill kids" crap from weeks ago.

Chris Benoit, as good as his fake-fighting was, is a murder. A child murderer.

Wonder what Kevin Sullivan thinks of all this.

WickedAngel said:

They knew some of the circumstances we knew, and a lot of us knew it didn't look good. Horrible decision-making.

Chiggs said:
I'm still shocked as to why the WWE would choose to do a tribute show for this "man." What an awful decision, and this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20. A lot of us were saying this last night.

What a terrible decision.

yeah, in hindsight they shoulda had a normal show with "info" about what happened. With Eddie it was touching, with this its biten them right in the ass.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Just came home for lunch and I see my DVR recorded all 3 hrs of Raw last night... I deleted them, there's no way I can watch that show.

Willco

Hollywood Square
:lol :lol :lol

if they knew what was up, vince wouldn't have cancelled raw.

that's for damn sure!

Yes, because Vince McMahon has been the standard for good taste. And with that retarded comment, I'll meet your three LOLs with the following FIVE:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Plus another one because you're like a Scientologist.:lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Willco said:
Dude, they sent the cops to the Benoit house. They knew what was up. You're crazy. This is like telling Scientologists that psychologists aren't even space aliens after all.

Until we know what was in those text messages, we don't know what WWE knew and when they knew it. The story they were told from Chris was that Woman and Daniel were sick. They didn't hear from him, so told the police to check on them. We don't know when management heard about the text messages.

At the time when the decision needed to be made about the show, all they knew was that Chris was dead. Then the leaks started coming out throughout the evening. So no, I don't think WWE knew what happened until it started coming out. If they did this to make money, then why not keep the Benoit stuff on Shopzone? You sound like the 9/11 freaks.

I am sure all the wrestlers would have said nice things about someon they knew murdered his family, right? Vince would have given out refunds to Raw because he knew, right?

dem said:
Uh.. im pretty sure they WOULD object.

Whatever everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The guy was a good wrestler, thats all that I will remember him for. What he did in his personal life is between him and whatever God he believed in.

f3niks

3kuSaS said:
... That said, he's still a legend in wrestling, and should be respected for what hes done in the business.

I realize that I am speaking from my own feelings on the matter but my respect for Benoit's body of work as a wrestler went out of the window when these new developments came to light.

His motive for these actions are really important now. What in the hell set that series of events into motion?

pCeSlAyEr

i don't understand how so many people can say "he may have had a reason to kill his wife"... i mean, is killing wives now an understandable (but bad!) thing to do?
who's to say she didnt cheat on him or something along those lines? I know there is no justification for murder, but atleast there would have been a motive.

dem

WickedAngel said:

What is wrong with you?

I never said they knew.
Obviously they didnt KNOW he murdered them then. I'm not faulting the WWE.

Im referring to someone saying they still see nothing wrong with honoring his wrestling achievements. AND THEN going on to say they would see nothing wrong with honoring De Niro at the oscars if he murdered his family.

Willco

Hollywood Square
dskillzhtown... Uh, it wasn't that they didn't hear from them. They received a string of disturbing text messages and it was obviously more than, "Oh no, Chris is in trouble!" because the authorities are no longer letting the WWE speak about what the received.

Chiggs

Gold Member
pCeSlAyEr said:
who's to say she didnt cheat on him or something along those lines?

Funny you should mention that. His wife had no problem cheating on her ex-husband Kevin Sullivan...with, you guessed it, Chris Benoit.

Chiggs said:
Funny you should mention that. His wife had no problem cheating on her ex-husband Kevin Sullivan...with, you guessed it, Chris Benoit.

yep marrying a cheater.......poor guy wasnt that smart in the first place.

pCeSlAyEr said:
who's to say she didnt cheat on him or something along those lines? I know there is no justification for murder, but atleast there would have been a motive.

What the **** man. If she cheated, then LEAVE. It's as simple as that.

farnham

Banned
some of you really have to consider that governments dont punish individuals for avenge..

they punish individuals for prevention of further crime...

Chris Benoit is dead.. He will never ever have a chance to commit any other crime.. He cannot be punished anymore..

Now if you have moral problems with that fact go to a voodoo master and cast a cast on his grave or whatever...

For me the case is closed about the homicide....

Also even if he has commited such a crime.. That doesnt mean he didnt achieved what he did..

He was truly one of the most fantastic wrestlers Ive ever seen (eddie guerrero, chris jericho and kurt angle beeing the others) and im really really sad about this news..

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, I mean she was practically begging to be murdered! Her son too! What a bunch of idiots!

Chris Benoit was practically a victim.

dem said:
I never said they knew.
Obviously they didnt KNOW he murdered them then. I'm not faulting the WWE.

Im referring to someone saying they still see nothing wrong with honoring his wrestling achievements. AND THEN going on to say they would see nothing wrong with honoring De Niro at the oscars if he murdered his family.

yeah I agree, tommorrow is garbage day and my benoit dvd is going right into the trash. And now wmxx is pretty much ruined now. Sorry killing your family, taints my view of you even if its from a match years ago.....

Willco said:
Yes, because infidelity is grounds for murdering your wife and child. You people are stooges.

what if he came home to find his wife and son...........no i wont even go there.

he is just another murderer now. I dont get this legacy BS he was playing a character on TV none of us knew him. I have no respect for him.

ZombieSupaStar said:
yeah I agree, tommorrow is garbage day and im benoit dvd is going right into the trash. And now wmxx is pretty much ruined now. Sorry killing your family, taints my view of you even if its from a match years ago.....

Is this sarcasm or not becuase I cant tell seriously.

Keru_Shiri said:
When was it confirmed that he actually murdered his family? Am I missing something here?

It was rumored last night and confirmed today. Apparently, the WWE made a mistake in doing a tribute since they failed to consult their time machine and confirm that doing so was inappropriate.

In other news, mental disorders don't exist and everyone that commits murder/suicide is of sound mind when doing so.

Willco said:
Yes, because Vince McMahon has been the standard for good taste. And with that retarded comment, I'll meet your three LOLs with the following FIVE:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Plus another one because you're like a Scientologist.:lol
a more likely explanation is that his ego stroking would continue with the mr mcmahon death angle, and he wouldn't have egg on his face for having a tribute to a murderer.

unless you're saying that it's in better taste to have a fake death angle continue during a real death...

DustinC

They definitely should have ran a filler, with maybe a Vince intro explaining that an investigation was under way. If they even had the slightest suspicion that Benoit had done it there's no way that the Tribute show should have happened. Especially if other wrestlers who spoke last night weren't aware of the full details, I'd imagine quite a few of them (Edge, CM Punk) are pretty pissed off today.

Willco

Hollywood Square
WickedAngel said:
It was rumored last night and confirmed today. Apparently, the WWE made a mistake in doing a tribute since they failed to consult their time machine and confirm that doing so was inappropriate.

In other news, mental disorders don't exist and everyone that commits murder/suicide is of sound mind when doing so.

Mental disorders don't excuse murder/suicides, you freak. LET'S ALL REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES CHARLES MANSON GAVE US.

Chiggs

Gold Member
WickedAngel said:

Please... with the few details they had, they should have known to let things simmer before doing that tribute. The intentions may have been good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Play the apologist all you want.

pCeSlAyEr said:
oh yeah, if she slept with another guy i can TOTALLY UNDERST.. ah what the ****?

no, just no.

I like how the debate has divided into both sides telling the other side what they must absolutely believe and feel 100%. No exceptions.

Time to exit stage left.

Aisenherz

Banned
borghe said:
QFT. I would give my life for my daughter without even a moment's hesitation. I don't know how anyone could do this.

At this point my guess is roid rage. He probably didn't even realize what he was doing. It would also easily explain the suicide once he came down and realized what had happened.
Roid rage? Naaah! Three days in a row? I don't think so!

Willco said:
Why do you think they feared for his safety? They obviously knew something, as they got a string of disturbing text messages. The article clearly states they asked the authorities to check on the Benoit family, not just Benoit himself. They knew what was up.

I mean, try and justify a tasteless tribute and a murderer killing his wife and child all you guys want. Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.
Yep, true. I liked him, too. But after all that, there is nothing what he has done in the past, what could be remembered after THIS! Nothing!
OJ Simpson was really a great football player (football = real sport) but he is MAYBE still a murderer.
Chris Benoit (just a wrestler) killed his wife and his son in 3 days, sitting at home. And that's fact and proven! After all, he is a damn murderer and has done NOTHING for the world. Well, maybe two things: He killed two innocent people!! And one of them was a 7 year old child!

Sorry, but Wilco is totally right! He is angry BUT right!

Unbelievable.

I though his wife may have murdered their son with him killing her.

Utterly shocking. (ex)Future hall of famer leaves this world as a child murder'r.

Gonna have to change the username/create a new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom