• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this real live..!!! 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabant

"Suck it consoles"
KuGsj.gif

brb, crying myself to sleep.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
It's a cool demo, shows what is possible with today's PCs, although I doubt more demanding games would be able to run so smoothly. The PC itself is a beast and very expensive no doubt, but buying 3 4K 28 inch Asus displays at 800$ each isn't all that bad, and something that enthusiasts would be able to afford. Pretty sure next gen Nvidia and AMD cards will have that 5-6GB vram standard on high end cards, so within 1 or 2 card gens I'm sure this will be as easy to do as it is today with 3x1080p displays.

But yeah, myself being a big PC gamer for the last few years, I have to admit the comment at the end was a bit stupid.

Caayn

Holy mother of pixels. That's some serious power right there. Funny that the screens are most likely more expensive than the the PC.

Oriel

Seems a bit of a waste really. And it's not strictly 12k either. Still, reminds me a bit of the big ass three screen setup AM2 developed for Ferrari 355 Challenge, that ran in three Naomi boards. How they got that arcade game running on the DC truly is outstanding.

Dennis

Banned
The inclusion of the "suck it consoles" comment was a stroke of genius.

Look at all that attention it gets you.

MightyKAC

As much as I can appreciate how cool a 4k multi-monitor setup like that looks, I can't help but think to myself that the Oculus Rift is gonna make stuff like that obsolete and at half the price.

HTupolev

True, but the PC outputs 4k to 3 screen (different image on each screen), effectively outputting a resolution of 12k :)
Sort of. Not in terms of what "12K" would usually imply for pixel throughput. It's 12K in the sense that you have ~12K pixels horizontally, but by the same standard 3840x80 is "4K" even though the pixels-per-frame is the same as plain old 640x480.

You want a less conditional 12K, you gotta stack those monitors 3 wide and 3 high.

Omega

Banned
Why are people mocking consumer electronics in the first place?

because this is the internet where you can piss people off by basically saying nothing.

people are so focused on his comment they're all LOL U SPENT 540234209 DOLLARS DOE

Forsete

Gold Member
"Suck it consoles"

I've been playing PCs since 1995, no need to hyperventilate about it. These douches are just as annoying as the "I-need-to-scream-from-the-rooftop-that-I-am-an-athiest" dickwards.

That is way over the top, I love it. The continuous "because we can" attitude some gear-heads take with their PC gaming is awesome, if only to show what can be done if cost is no object.

Typical PC master race loser. PC most likely costs 6000$ alone, plus the 3 4k 65' Screens, looking at like what 13,000$? So like 30 PS4s....

DYdRGXg.gif

Mona

Banned
the game itself looked kinda meh, if i was there in person i probably would have felt differently, but at that point i would probably rather render something like Brothers a Tale of Two Sons or Bioshock Infinite on it or something

i haven't seem 4k in person yet though, so thats something im still anticipating, hell, i haven't even seen 3D yet be it 3DS or the hobbit in theater or avatar or what have you.

Was the suck it consoles part of the video necessary? I mean dayum, but thats also A LOT of money lol

I really don't get this inferiority complex vis-a-vis consoles that some of these PC gamers have. You spent thousands of dollars to one-up a console that cost 4-500 dollars. Yayyy good for you.

Enjoy it while I game on a 100 inch puny 1080p screen on a cheap console that barely makes a noise or takes up any room.

Loomer

"Suck it consoles"

I've been playing PCs since 1995, no need to hyperventilate about it. These douches are just as annoying as the "I-need-to-scream-from-the-rooftop-that-I-am-an-athiest" dickwards.

To be fair, the Master Race has been a meme for so long, I doubt most of these guys are being really serious.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
When did GAF get so god damned whiny?

SJy4B8C.jpg

So dumb, who would build such a big building what a waste of money idiots!!!

No mainstream homeowner could even afford that pyramid so stupid

Uhhh I bought a wall for like $10 and it's literally identical you cannot tell a difference??

simple-garden-fence.jpg

Ashariel

Banned
If I was showing off a 3 screen setup and had the funds to spare I would get some screens custom made without bezels. What are you doing with the millions you siphon out of your precious customers Nvidia?!

Daedardus

If people actually read the description it says this is from an nVidia booth to showcase the Titan's power.

Now go complaining he spent thousands of dollars, because he didn't, nVidia did.

JordanN

Banned
"Suck it consoles"

Why doesn't he suck what Naughty Dog does who can make a better looking game no PC can handle without spending even more money?

Sarcasm

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hard to take a manchild seriously when he drives a sim in 3rd person.

also lol at the pc fanboyism

DR2K

Banned
in a few years you'll be able to get a laptop at Walmart with those specs for the price of a console.
Maybe... not really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom