• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this real live..!!! 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
True, but the PC outputs 4k to 3 screen (different image on each screen), effectively outputting a resolution of 12k :)

No, because it's missing the vertical resolution.

4k is 4096 × 2304, but 8k is not 8192 x 2304 (two 4096 screen next to each other), it's 8192 × 4608 (two next to each other, and on top of each other).

I don't know what 12k is, but I assume it's and extra row and column, but these people who make the "standards" like to fuck shit up.

Sentenza

He jokingly said "Suck it, consoles".
Hurry, GAF! Time to freak out, call him a manchild and being needlessly over-defensive about it!

King_Moc

Banned
I'me not keen on using multiple monitors, due to the gaps in the screen, but i'd still love to experience this.

I don't get the people complaining about the cost. Just put your own budget out of the picture and assume that the guy that did it can actually afford it. Or are people not allowed to spend their on money?

Zabant

Thread is hilarious, on both sides. Good to know there are still hyper defensive platform warriors on GAF

No, because it's missing the vertical resolution.

4k is 4096 × 2304, but 8k is not 8192 x 2304 (two 4096 screen next to each other), it's 8192 × 4608 (two next to each other, and on top of each other).

I don't know what 12k is, but I assume it's and extra row and column, but these people who make the "standards" like to fuck shit up.

I look forward to seeing the thread when someone makes a 9-4k screen array and causes the Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark effect on all who behold its glory.

kvk1

cr5obQk.jpg

Amazing.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

yatesl

I'm actually surprised that 4x Titans can run that resolution.

Also, did a really quick mock up of what COULD be inside (choosing almost the cheapest options, aside from the case). It came to $6636.86, excluding the screens, keyboard, etc.

coughlanio

That PC probably costs more than a PS4 plus a generations worth of AAA games at full retail pricing.

I don't think "suck it consoles" applies here.

That PC probably costs more than a PS4 plus a generations worth of AAA games at full retail pricing.

I don't think "suck it consoles" applies here.

You should contact the guy who made the video and ask him to make a public apology. It might help if you tell him that he "shot himself in the foot", and that "honour and shame" are huge parts of "gamer culture".

HTupolev

12K? Pffft

This was ~32K in 2009.
How is that "~32K"? It's just slightly wider than what 12K would be, and significantly shorter. It's more pixels than this youtube video by far, but still a bit below what 12K would typically be in terms of pixels-per-frame.

It would have to be at least 8 times larger before it could start getting into the "~32K" realm.

well........ this thread got awful fast.

When did GAF get so god damned whiny?

I..... I don't know. This thread.... ugh.

Do these people also complain about how much it costs to buy and drive around in an Aston Martin Vanquish because their ford fusion can also get them from point A to point B?

Yes, it's an expensive machine and not at all necessary. But looks FUN AS HELL and ffs I WANT ONE. And if I could afford it, I'd have one. The computer, not the car. Actually no, I'd have both.

Ml9yCHj.gif

The "suck it consoles" bit it just so odd. Do PC gamers only consider those with the highest end rigs to be true PC gamers? Like do they wonder why anyone would bother with a lower end or mid level rig?

Camp Lo

Banned
The "suck it consoles" bit it just so odd. Do PC gamers only consider those with the highest end rigs to be true PC gamers? Like do they wonder why anyone would bother with a lower end or mid level rig?

What? Even to entertain this, he said consoles, not low end PCs so why assume otherwise?

Typical PC master race loser. PC most likely costs 6000$ alone, plus the 3 4k 65' Screens, looking at like what 13,000$? So like 30 PS4s....

Because 30 PS4's can be put together to play games at 12K.

Lol. Don't be mad at a hardware demonstration dudes, it's a demo.

Do you get mad that Koenigsegg cars make your car look like a playmobil toy ?

Eusis

When did GAF get so god damned whiny?

SJy4B8C.jpg

So dumb, who would build such a big building what a waste of money idiots!!!

No mainstream homeowner could even afford that pyramid so stupid

Uhhh I bought a wall for like $10 and it's literally identical you cannot tell a difference??

simple-garden-fence.jpg
Probably because it's like someone is pointing at these and saying your house/apartment can "suck it" and you're going "dude what the hell?"

He does sound kind of like in the rest of the video anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom