• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this real live..!!! 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentenza

The "suck it consoles" bit it just so odd. Do PC gamers only consider those with the highest end rigs to be true PC gamers? Like do they wonder why anyone would bother with a lower end or mid level rig?
Sorry, but... What?

Even ignoring how hilariously out of place your attempt to over-analyze this sounds...
What is supposed to make a random guy on Youtube ambassador of what all PC gamers think, exactly?

This thread
i5OA8Yf6FwQQ2.png

Hah, brilliant.

Probably because it's like someone is pointing at these and saying your house/apartment can "suck it" and you're going "dude what the hell?"

He does sound kind of like in the rest of the video anyway though.

I think the difference is that most people wouldn't try to argue that their house/apartment is objectively better than a skyscraper in an attempt to justify their purchase.

Clicks thread about supposed 12k resolution (it's not, pretty cool though), full of thread derail from mad console only gamers

OT :why do they keep showing these demos with project cars, it would make a lot more sense with an fps game since there a super wide FOV is highly desirable

12K? Pffft

This was ~32K in 2009.
By what metric are you counting? Even for someone trying to troll and make up numbers at least get the multiplier right by saying 12k or 24k or 48k! There is no way to add up numbers in that to get to 32. Perhaps you meant someone was dumb enough to make the setup for $32k? That'd make more sense.

Alo81 said:
1km-tall building.
They're compensating for something and making no attempt to hide that fact.

I think the difference is that most people wouldn't try to argue that their house/apartment is objectively better than a skyscraper in an attempt to justify their purchase.
And beyond that, it's OK to be personally invested in your house or apartment. It's your home and it can be a reflection of you. No one should be that invested in their PC or console.

HariKari

The "suck it consoles" bit it just so odd. Do PC gamers only consider those with the highest end rigs to be true PC gamers? Like do they wonder why anyone would bother with a lower end or mid level rig?

Let me consult the PC master race handbook on this issue...

The answer is no one cares, because it's a harmless comment. Enthusiast level stuff where money is no concern is just plain fun to see.

psn

Imo this makes no sense. Most Car models arent even impressive enough @1080p. And they dont look better just because you render them with more pixels. Even downsampled they dont blow me away.

Detail on Gran Turismo Premium cars in photomode is just crazy accurate, but you wont see them in game. (Maybe in GT7 on ps4).

If the SMS team is able to get a lightning and the models of GT in PCars it starts getting interesting for me to play it @4k. Right now it seems like wasting money to me and I continue playing it just in 1080p.

And before anyone asks, yes I am full member @Project Cars and I can play it maxed out.

Ulysses 31

"Suck it consoles!"?

Yeah, it crosses my mind sometimes when I play pretty PC games on Max settings in Eyefinity with 60+ fps. >.>

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy console games, in the slightest. In fact, I've been getting more enjoyment from WiiU games than any PC games last couple of months.

Camp Lo

Banned
He mostly seems to be showing off the graphical power. So the "suck it consoles" seems to be about how poor the graphics of consoles are to high end PCs.

But what does that have to do with separation between high/mid/low tier PCs among users? If we're taking this joke serious, it's PC vs. Console not True High End PC vs. Mid/Low

Imo this makes no sense. Most Car models arent even impressive enough @1080p. And they dont look better just because you render them with more pixels. Even downsampled they dont blow me away.

Detail on Gran Turismo Premium cars in photomode is just crazy accurate, but you wont see them in game. (Maybe in GT7 on ps4).

If the SMS team is able to get a lightning and the models of GT in PCars it starts getting interesting for me to play it @4k. Right now it seems like wasting money to me and I continue playing it just in 1080p.

And before anyone asks, yes I am full member @Project Cars and I can play it maxed out.

You're reading way too much into this. Nvidia set this up for no other reason except that they could, and the guy making the video was probably just either trolling or parodying the "because we can" mindset since it's just so absurdly over the top and unnecessary.

artist

Banned
How is that "~32K"? It's just slightly wider than what 12K would be, and significantly shorter. It's more pixels than this youtube video by far, but still a bit below what 12K would typically be in terms of pixels-per-frame.

It would have to be at least 8 times larger before it could start getting into the "~32K" realm.
By what metric are you counting? Even for someone trying to troll and make up numbers at least get the multiplier right by saying 12k or 24k or 48k! There is no way to add up numbers in that to get to 32. Perhaps you meant someone was dumb enough to make the setup for $32k? That'd make more sense.

They're compensating for something and making no attempt to hide that fact.
By "OP logic" and like it hasnt been pointed out for you guys ... FYI

4k x 3 =/= 12k

Dmented

Banned
Random guy: "Suck it consoles."

GAF: "I will not suck consoles you $100,000 PC buying random guy! Do you even Red Dead Redemption, bro?"

And I wouldn't have it any different. <3 GAF.

It's not like people posing on the thread proved me wrong to any extent.
But feel free to point your insightful conclusion, if there is one.

I didn't think I needed to point out my conclusion because it was glaringly obvious, but here it is. You're coming across as over-defensive about his comment and the reactions to it

CTLance

This is the first thread on neogaf I have opened this year.
mA0pOEd.gif

Never change, ya crazy bastids.

I gotta say, watching this in heavily compressed youtube format leaves me stone cold. (bias confirmation: I'd be humping my keyboard if that was about StarCitizen instead of pCars... I think).

Sentenza

I didn't think I needed to point out my conclusion, because it was glaringly obvious but here it is. You're coming across as over-sensitive about it
You keep trying very hard, but missing the point: I described exactly how many people were reacting (and how others kept reacting even after my post), while you are just stating that I essentially annoy you a lot but you can't blame me of being wrong about anything specific.

And care to tell me what should I be particularly defensive about, exactly?
Unlike you I'm not emotionally invested in the hardware I use to play games, and if someone with four Titans jokingly tells me his system shits all over mine you will just find me agreeing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom