• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the worst movie poster ever or what

Status
Not open for further replies.
ymoviesblog-200003356-1299689780.jpg

incredulous.gif

How have I not seen this one before? xD

^ That's because Matt Damon is desperate to be a "serious" movie actor, but he never will.
Only thing he's good for is tired Jimmy Kimmel skits

And after the high standards of artistry expected from Kirk Cameron *tsk tsk*
I thought that was Chris Hardwick at first.

You know Hollywood hates Asians when there's only four people on the poster and only Ken Jeong doesn't get named.
Considering this came out less than 3 months after his break out role it was probably a quick addition in PS. Also, if Thomas Haden Church's name wasn't so got damn big they could've fit him in there.

Ridley327

Granted, but the original looks like a normal person's ass, not a supermodel ass.

At the very least, the woman in the remake poster is holding the knife by the handle this time. The one in the original is making things a lot harder on herself than they need to be!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I think that's actually what happened. They were designed as silhouettes. Simple, stylish. They may have even been issued that way at first. And then last minute someone decided they needed to have the actors' faces included as a draw. Et voilà.

Not likely. The silhouettes are of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan as the characters, the inset faces are of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, who are playing the younger versions of the characters in the 1960s scenes. The concept was to connect the characters to the new actors by associating them with the old actors that the audience was familiar with. It's just executed as poorly as humanly possible.

v1.bTsxMTE4MDg0NDtqOzE3MzY0OzEyMDA7MTAxMzsxNTAw

Seems just like:

4a64d913220fca4c33c140c6952688a8_500x735.jpg

Is that supposed to be the joke?
Hollywood is so unoriginal now that I can't tell anymore. :(

Hollywood had nothing whatsoever to do with that Kirk Cameron garbage. But yes, the poster is meant to evoke a classic/cliche action blockbuster.

Jawmuncher

Not likely. The silhouettes are of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan as the characters, the inset faces are of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, who are playing the younger versions of the characters in the 1960s scenes. The concept was to connect the characters to the new actors by associating them with the old actors that the audience was familiar with. It's just executed as poorly as humanly possible.

Hollywood had nothing whatsoever to do with that Kirk Cameron garbage. But yes, the poster is meant to evoke a classic/cliche action blockbuster.

Which is hilarious when the movie is pure boring tripe.

How many "I'm too old for this shit" movies have Morgan Freeman and Robert Deniro Breen in?

Actors going out like Ric Flair.

Kinyou

How many "I'm too old for this shit" movies have Morgan Freeman and Robert Deniro Breen in?

Actors going out like Ric Flair.
Nicholson and Hackman might have done the wiser thing by just retiring. Then again, half of those roles Freeman and Deniro do seem like they're just going on vacation, could be nice.

DeNiro and Pacino are coming back for Scorcese's The Irishman. Cast also includes Joe Pesci and Harvey Keitel. All hope is not lost...yet. They should retire after that. If DeNiro makes Dirty Grandpa 2 after that then I'll scream.

-shadow-

Just thinking about this and this poster came to mind. I actually somewhat like the film, but the poster is terrible:

Seriously who are these people? They smeared their faces so much, it's ridiculous.

He looks like the dude from GoT that got his franks and beans cut off.. not the bald one.

Anyway I bet this movie is awesome, if its anything like the Bad Lieutenant remake. Who am I kidding, it probably sucks, but I like Nick. He so cray.

I thought it was great. Basically a solid seven if you're not an ass who expects low-budget movies to be perfect. That Bad Lieutenant movie (I haven't seen it) was mentioned in a review of it being 'almost that' but that's not the point of this movie. It basically combines good and bad Cage into something that works ( "I have an idea, but it's kind of... wacky." ), though that's mostly -I think- by being countered by Elijah Wood. However, Cage is good here too.

They really should have pushed for having it on Netflix versus VOD though, it's kind of wasted on people who've never seen a Coen brothers movie. And that poster really is atrocious. A better, simpler poster would have been a shelved evidence box with the title and the lead's names on it.
I really hope the directors (coincidentally also brothers) get to do more movies though.

Thorgal

this is still up there imo .

Cb4421n.jpg

Not only did they screw up Catherine Hickland's name up on the poster but it looks like the Helicopter blades just cut the top part ofthe robot's head off .

Either way it Was an utter shit movie W
ith a Glorious Hammy performance by Reb Brown .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom