• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the worst movie poster ever or what

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Make the poster look like a comic book cover"
"(Oh god, what the hell is a comic book) ... ok boss"

It's an homage to this.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_121.jpg

sarcastor

so Im looking through Netflix looking for a movie to watch and I saw this.

BwUJHvR.jpg

I was like, no way was this the best photo to use for this movie. Surely there are others?

A6X47sO.jpg

Nope. Then I kept looking. Then I stopped. Cause I guess they didn't bother to take any press photos with all the actors in the same room.

large_PlayingitCool.jpg

Mahonay

Banned

BwUJHvR.jpg

I was like, no way was this the best photo to use for this movie. Surely there are others?

A6X47sO.jpg

Nope. Then I kept looking. Then I stopped. Cause I guess they didn't bother to take any press photos with all the actors in the same room.

large_PlayingitCool.jpg
Holy Christ. This is a contender. Good find.

Apt101

This one always looked bad in a lazy way, like someone was taking promotional photos on set and the designer grabbed them and was like "quick, just give me any image, we need a poster!":

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

BwUJHvR.jpg

The face of the dude on the far left....I....I feel like there is something off but I can't tell what.

Bsigg12

Loving that they fucked up the color on the top girls hand

I don't know if they did? The hair on the other two has parts that are the natural looking color on the white border so I don't if they're trying to imply that's them coming out of the pictures?

RedBoot

I've never seen this movie. I've never even heard of it. And I don't intend to ever see it or even look it up.

But based purely on this poster, I'm going to pretend it's a movie intended to explain the Lewis Black gag of "If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college." Because that makes it okay for it to exist in my mind.

eso76

I don't even understand what they're trying to convey

Came in here thinking "hyperbole thread title :lol" but it really is one of the worst movie posters I've ever seen.
Others may display a worse use of Photoshop, but this one is just unbelievably bad on a conceptual level.

turnbuckle

What the heck is going on with that pocket with the money in it? Part of it was obviously moved closer to his shoulder, but some of the pocket got left behind. Some say these things are a result of marketing rather than designers, but surely this was a goof.

What the heck is going on with that pocket with the money in it? Part of it was obviously moved closer to his shoulder, but some of the pocket got left behind. Some say these things are a result of marketing rather than designers, but surely this was a goof.

Plus it looks like his right arm is sprouting out of his sternum. He barely has a shoulder.

C4Lukins

This one always looked bad in a lazy way, like someone was taking promotional photos on set and the designer grabbed them and was like "quick, just give me any image, we need a poster!":

Holy shit at that one. For anyone who has watched that film, that is so alien to the actual premise of said film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom