• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is WoW worth getting into still?

If you have a couple of people to play it with, then I'd say WoW can be good fun to play for a while. As mentioned earlier, 1-60 has been overhauled. Don't really know how endgame/raids are since Cataclysm though.

Cipherr

If I wanna play WoW do I need to join a clan or can I solo around myself?

I started a new alt a while back and noticed that they have a whole guild finder thing. It looks like when you create a character you can open a menu which will allow you to select your interests and it will help you search the server for guilds that are recruiting and allow you to request a spot.

And thats on top of people that are always recruiting for casual leveling and PvP guilds in the city chats all day. Just make sure you join a high population server and you would be golden. Definitely join a guild ASAP though. Dont play solo and alone. I mean, you can, but MMO;s are better imo when played with others.

Coolwhip

Banned
If you have a couple of people to play it with, then I'd say WoW can be good fun to play for a while. As mentioned earlier, 1-60 has been overhauled. Don't really know how endgame/raids are since Cataclysm though.

Endgame is basically 1 raidzone per year, pretry boring.

Berordn

I started a new alt a while back and noticed that they have a whole guild finder thing. It looks like when you create a character you can open a menu which will allow you to select your interests and it will help you search the server for guilds that are recruiting and allow you to request a spot.

And thats on top of people that are always recruiting for casual leveling and PvP guilds in the city chats all day. Just make sure you join a high population server and you would be golden. Definitely join a guild ASAP though. Dont play solo and alone. I mean, you can, but MMO;s are better imo when played with others.

I would disagree and say you ought to get your first character to 60 or thereabout, so you can actually follow the questing flow without outleveling every zone with the guild XP bonus. It's not terribly significant, but the zones are little story arcs all their own and it's a bit jarring when you're getting 10-50% extra experience and have to leave halfway through.

That is, assuming you wanted to quest anyway. If you'd rather go through instances and PvP then a guild's the only way to go.

Top Bottom