• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

Broseybrose

When this thread first popped up i thought it was a great idea, but i didnt post because i guess i wasnt ready. But after looking through a few pages of adorable GAF-kitties, i figured id post about my buddy.

Here's a couple pics of my best buddy in the world. His name was Mr. Pussycat Man, or CatMan, which morphed into FatMan because he got so fat. He passed about 4 months ago and was at least 15 years old; most likely closer to 20. We grew up together. No cat was ever happier, more loving, or more loved.

2upred4.jpg

2eujuwz.jpg

v4qiiw.jpg

Now that FatMan has passed into the night, our other kitty, Siamese Isabelle, has to deal with our 3 large dogs by herself.

She's SO skittish but will let me love her up as long as i warm her up properly. :lol

k2fqzq.jpg

a3mipf.jpg

She's also extremely talkative. I can literally have a conversation with her. And once she's purring she loves to rub her face on just about anything. But if you try and pet her she may dash off! We got a new German Shepherd when Fat Man passed, Thanksgiving, and little Isabelle is his favorite chase-toy ever. He's obsessed with her! :lol

ruxtpin

Banned
Question: I've been considering getting a cat/kitten. What is GAF's opinion on a cat getting it's claws trimmed? Whenever I go to visit friends w/ cats, I notice furniture and the like is always clawed to hell and back. Any other means to prevent said problem? (Other than, "Don't get a cat.") =P

Aaron

ruxtpin said:
Question: I've been considering getting a cat/kitten. What is GAF's opinion on a cat getting it's claws trimmed? Whenever I go to visit friends w/ cats, I notice furniture and the like is always clawed to hell and back. Any other means to prevent said problem? (Other than, "Don't get a cat.") =P
Scratching post. If the cats were raised properly, they'll use the post and leave your furniture alone. Personally, I think declawing is a pretty terrible thing to do to a cat.

ruxtpin

Banned
Aaron said:
Scratching post. If the cats were raised properly, they'll use the post and leave your furniture alone. Personally, I think declawing is a pretty terrible thing to do to a cat.

Yeah. I've heard that about declawing. Wasn't sure if an occasional trim was a viable option (or a small spray bottle to squirt your cat in the face with water if they're clawing up something they ain't supposed too [what a friend told me she does.])

ruxtpin said:
Yeah. I've heard that about declawing. Wasn't sure if an occasional trim was a viable option (or a small spray bottle to squirt your cat in the face with water if they're clawing up something they ain't supposed too [what a friend told me she does.])

Trimming every week or so definitely helps. But the easiest thing to do is just train them to not scratch anything other than what they are allowed to (ie: Hideous Chair in my case, or a scratching post for most people). Squirt bottles work well.

Also what can be useful is putting a bit of citrus smell on things you don't want them to scratch: most cats hate the scent of citrus. Except my Olivère. He likes to eat oranges (and pretty much anything else). :/

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Facism said:
Lord Byron
(Fluffy to the rest of the family)

2gu0aiv.jpg

Wish i could find a better picture.

Unfortunately, we discovered a growth on his tongue 2 months ago, turned out to be a malignant tumour. He held out for a long time, continued to eat, play and fight with the foxes that passed through our street at night, but now he's not eating and is clearly unhappy and in some discomfort. He'll be taken to the vet this week and put to sleep. Poor thing :( A

At least he got 12 good years of life considering the feral condition he was rescued in at 4 months old
I'm sorry I'm so late but I'm really sorry to hear about your kitty! :( *hug*

Dragona Akehi said:
Well, I'm not saying you would mistreat a cat. But if you don't like it, the cat will know. And that just won't be good for the cat, or for you.
I agree with this. If you don't like cats DON'T get it. It would be unfair to the cat. Get another small animal. My brother in law doesn't like cats, but somehow Joey knows that. He stopped playing and spending time with my sister because of him. But he absolutely love my other brother in law, who adores Joey.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Some more pics
24053_331954899938_507684938_3518800_7206103_n.jpg

She hates closed doors, whenever Im in the bathroom she waits outside the door and usually puts her paw under the door lol

24053_331954904938_507684938_3518801_4732358_n.jpg

24053_331954929938_507684938_3518802_5025254_n.jpg

My Kitten broke her back leg at a young age so she is use to pulling herself up rather than jumping up to locations. Because of that she does stuff like this and just stands and watches outside the window because blinds are in her way to climb up :lol

Anyone elses cats do that often? She rarely jumps, only when she has to or is in a wild/crazy mood running like a mad cat around the house.

As I'm still a fairly new cat owner, I of course have to show off new pictures of my baby:

post.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0148.jpg

100_0144.jpg

the paper is from some stupid "kitty condo" i bought off amazon for cheap. turns out they mean kitty literally as the thing is tiny. but, the box came in a bigger box, so the space between was filled with one long sheet of the brown packing paper. that and the box = fun toys, the condo, not so much :lol guess i should have known

You have amazing cats GAF!

I will be joining the crew next months! But a quick q, how do kittens/cats deal with leather seating? I will be getting a kitten, so I hope he/she will be getting used to my house and the leather...

Secondly, (I will search this more myself) but what are general rules for kittens, such as food, letting them out of the house, petting, etc...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Some fine felines in this thread.

I need to take some pics of my precious, once I do I'll post them in here. She's very cute, she's small, orange and white with a big fluffy tail.

Hatredcopter

Neo Member
This is Jasper as a kitten. I took him in from the Canadian wilderness and brought him to suburban Massachusetts.

IMG_0205.jpg

And here he is as an adult, getting comfy after I stripped my bed of sheets and all.

IMG_0088.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, you found him out in the wilderness? If so, that's cool, I love cat rescue stories.
Mine was a stray as a babby who somehow was lucky enough not only to be found by a AC Paws but also ended up at my house where she's spoiled like crazy. I buy that little bastard so many toys and delicious treats.

Hatredcopter

Neo Member
Snuggler said:
So, you found him out in the wilderness? If so, that's cool, I love cat rescue stories.
Mine was a stray as a babby who somehow was lucky enough not only to be found by a AC Paws but also ended up at my house where she's spoiled like crazy. I buy that little bastard so many toys and delicious treats.

Yeah, he was alone in a barn and I took him in, not to mention it was the middle of a November Canadian winter! He was a little 6-week old fur ball and his whole body vibrated when he purred in my hands. He was so happy to have someone I think.

And I spoil the hell out of him and he loves it. I like hearing "feel good" stories too. It's great to see kitties find warm homes :D

outsidah

Incoming shitty iPhone pics... but what the heck.

Introducing the ruler and majesty of my home..... Dmitri.

He follows me absolutely everywhere and demands love at all times. He is currently sleeping by my leg in my bed.

32c6dfce.jpg

and here he is lookin crazy

861bee6c.jpg

He is a Siberian cat. For those of you who were looking for a good cat to have if you suffer from allergies, this is it. No gimmicks. These cats produce very low levels of Fel-D1 which is what makes most people allergic to cats.

He still sheds hair which if you don't groom or clean you house will make you sneeze and stuff, but that's not like the allergic reaction you get for a a normal cat.

Look them up or feel free to ask me if any of you are curious :)

I have other kitties as well but they don't stay with me because of my allergies to regular kittahs!

Wads

Banned
This is my cat Rocks:

As a kitten:

i5tzb4.jpg

Yawning, but I always say he's laughing maniacly:

nx6ttz.jpg

Stretching (he also sleeps like this)...he's pretty long and a fairly large cat:

103z7g1.jpg

Getting a bit fat these days:

2s7dxds.jpg

Subitai

Broseybrose said:
a3mipf.jpg

She's also extremely talkative. I can literally have a conversation with her. And once she's purring she loves to rub her face on just about anything. But if you try and pet her she may dash off! We got a new German Shepherd when Fat Man passed, Thanksgiving, and little Isabelle is his favorite chase-toy ever. He's obsessed with her! :lol
Do you have a pic of the chase? What's German Shepherd called? Is she ok with the obsession?

Blutonium

So my very first cat is growing faaast. She's about 3 months old now, and likes to destroy everything.

Sup.
2vhtz4y.jpg

2m35hmh.jpg

She died yesterday though :( She got swallowed by the couch.

20r5tsj.jpg

My wife didn't like cats, then I brought one home that I rescued from getting killed at work who was only like 3 1/2 weeks old. She loves that cat more than anything now.

Broseybrose

Subitai said:
Do you have a pic of the chase? What's German Shepherd called? Is she ok with the obsession?
No pics of the chase, sorry. The puppy's name is Ace and Isabelle is used to dealing with dogs, so it didnt take long for her to convince him that she isnt worth chasing. Especially since she'll never be caught.

But still, whenever she senses that Ace might want to chase her she lets out this huge adorable meeeeooowww... which translates to "please dont chase me!" :lol So cute.

Really great pics in this thread.

Corran Horn said:
Some more pics

My Kitten broke her back leg at a young age so she is use to pulling herself up rather than jumping up to locations. Because of that she does stuff like this and just stands and watches outside the window because blinds are in her way to climb up :lol

Anyone elses cats do that often? She rarely jumps, only when she has to or is in a wild/crazy mood running like a mad cat around the house.

My cat has a plate in his hip from when he was hit by a car when he was a stray. He'll jump on stuff, but he is definitely more timid about doing so. When the blinds are down and he wants to stare out the window he'll complain and pester me until I open them and clear him a space. I have no idea what he was like before he broke his hip, but from his weird obsession with hanging fabric like curtains, I think he used to LOVE to scale things. Kind of glad he was cured of that before I adopted him. :lol

Top Bottom