• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

DonMigs85

4045882376_b210d7baf6.jpg

4045882380_2183e25744.jpg

4045882372_829030ba2b.jpg

Two stray kittens who I found alone late last year in our apartment complex (the mother was probably off looking for food). I hope they're doing well today.

Patches was 12 years old. The only pet I've known throughout its whole life. I was out of town at school at the time when this all happened. For the last few weeks he was acting very slow and obviously in pain. He lost about half his body weight before getting to the doc. He didn't eat for two days before my parents took him to the veterinary emergency room, where the docs diagnosed him with diabetes. His blood sugar was at 400, the normal is 98. The vets put saline in his blood to bring down his blood sugar and that pepped him up a bit. He could have survived, but we would've had to give him three shots a day and keep him on a specific diet and we would've had to keep him inside all the time. My parents made the decision to put him down a few days ago and didn't decide to tell me before I was done with exams. I loved him so much. :(

This is the only picture I have of him on my computer at the moment
v6q5q9.jpg

TONX said:

We love you, space cat!

Critical Jeff said:
Patches was 12 years old. The only pet I've known throughout its whole life. I was out of town at school at the time when this all happened. For the last few weeks he was acting very slow and obviously in pain. He lost about half his body weight before getting to the doc. He didn't eat for two days before my parents took him to the veterinary emergency room, where the docs diagnosed him with diabetes. His blood sugar was at 400, the normal is 98. The vets put saline in his blood to bring down his blood sugar and that pepped him up a bit. He could have survived, but we would've had to give him three shots a day and keep him on a specific diet and we would've had to keep him inside all the time. My parents made the decision to put him down a few days ago and didn't decide to tell me before I was done with exams. I loved him so much. :(

Poor kitty! I had to make a similar decision about the dog I had growing up when he was diagnosed with diabetes. It's really hard. I'm sorry. That is a pretty awesome photo to have to remember him by though.

Can't sleep. All I think about when I close my eyes is Patches. I can vividly remember carrying him down the block from my neihbors house just after getting him. He was so small. (sobbing)

Zeke

My cat Apollo, he was a stray at the college I go to.Seriously the most laid back cat ever. He doesn't bite or scratch. He loves people always sniffing and rubbing on them. Some shots from earlier when he was sleeping on my recliner actually he's still asleep on it :lol

hvuhjl.jpg

nb3sc5.jpg

xbfmv4.jpg

mollipen

My cat Jiji (male, named after the black cat from Kiki's Delivery Service). He was basically just tossed out when his original owner moved, which was especially asshole-y of said owner as they had no problem suddenly excepting a declawed cat to have to make it on his own in the outside world. A friend of my mother found him, and took him in temporarily. My mom went to her house, got him, and then just kind of surprised him on me. I really wasn't sure that I was going to like him at first, but now he's got me totally wrapper around his finger (or, I guess paw).

He was allowed to get a little too spoiled, and now finds himself on a diet (via diet foot bought directly from our vet). So far, he's dropped from 14lbs 4oz to an even 14lbs.

jiji01.jpg

jiji02.jpg

jiji03.jpg

jiji04.jpg

Broseybrose

got a new baby yesterday. he's less than a month old. he's basically the sweetest thing ever =]

MotoBrose0528.jpg

MotoBrose0532.jpg

MotoBrose0551.jpg

MotoBrose0537.jpg

MotoBrose0558-2.jpg

sorry for the size. last one might make a nice wallpaper for someone. perhaps me. :D

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
You guys made my day! Keep the adorable pics coming. :D

Critical Jeff said:
Can't sleep. All I think about when I close my eyes is Patches. I can vividly remember carrying him down the block from my neihbors house just after getting him. He was so small. (sobbing)
Awe *hug* I feel for you, it's not easy losing a pet! :(

Zoe

Broseybrose said:
Help me name my baby, GAF! 2 posts up!

So far im thinking Maestro because of his big ears but i like suggestions plz =]

I like to go with themes. What's your dog's name?

Zoe

Red Scarlet said:
Jeez, how many people have Maine Coons? :lol

After getting my first with her fluffy hair and long tail, I don't think I can ever go back :lol

(though none are purebred--all shelter or rescue babies)

Slurmer

Banned
Critical Jeff said:

Sorry to hear that man.
reading that sad obituary and then scrolling down to see a cat being caught in the toilet made me laugh.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Critical Jeff said:

http://i40.tinypic.com/v6q5q9.jpg

Sad to hear about your loss, but that picture does look kinda funny, like he was trying to wash his paws in the toilet, and got caught in the act :lol

Hasan said:
that thing is beautiful. What kind is it?

'Tis Burmese. Stupidly gentle. He brings in other cats to be his friend and is never aggressive. If you so much as look at him he purrs. He's basically a dog in a cat's body.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Meier said:
Here is a pic of our cat with me. She's a big girl named Tia.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs496.snc3/27086_10100196601765333_5221790_59261239_435691_n.jpgIMG][/QUOTE]
Oh wow, she's huge! Really pretty. Is she a Maine Coon?

McLovin

Meier said:
Here is a pic of our cat with me. She's a big girl named Tia.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs496.snc3/27086_10100196601765333_5221790_59261239_435691_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Thats one bit cat!

Meier

Inanna said:
Oh wow, she's huge! Really pretty. Is she a Maine Coon?
My girlfriend was just doing some catsitting for a friend but then the person ended up asking her to keep her forever.. so she did. From what we understand, she's a Ragamuffin. Some of it was the angle of that shot. Here are a few more recent ones..

30027_10100227473378373_5221790_60267518_6737884_n.jpg

30027_10100227473398333_5221790_60267519_632366_n.jpg

I thought I'd post some pictures of my baby whom I found at my work in receiving. He was Feral when I grabbed him with him hissing and spitting at my and trying to kill me at every chance he got. Only took me two days straight to set him right.

2010-04-05222853.jpg

2010-04-08211537.jpg

102011052.jpg

pwince.gif

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Broseybrose said:
How about the name Zenith for my baby? I really want to give him the right name, so im taking my time naming him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21290265&postcount=325
Zenith is a cute name. (S)he's adorable, but what's wrong with her eyes, though? They're extremely watery.

Awe cute cats, Meier and TouchMyBox.

My sister wants to get a new kitten, we're thinking of going with these cats;

2ppwvf9.jpg

They look so adorable.

Top Bottom