• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoc29

I've been wondering why this gif was flipped horizontally:

gqVsV.gif

If the logo in the bottom left corner didn't give it away, just watch the actual episode (4F06, "Bart After Dark", Season 8).

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Apoc29 said:

I assume it's because people read left-to-right, so it's more effective as an "entering" -> "oh shit" -> "leaving" flow of thought that way, since the 'character' (your avatar/username) is to the left and the 'action' (the dumbass post) is to the right.

Apoc29

Charron said:
I assume it's because people read left-to-right, so it's more effective as an "entering" -> "oh shit" -> "leaving" flow of thought that way, since the 'character' (your avatar/username) is to the left and the 'action' (the dumbass post) is to the right.
Makes sense. BTW, I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there.

Bananakin

Apoc29 said:

If the logo in the bottom left corner didn't give it away, just watch the actual episode (4F06, "Bart After Dark", Season 8).

People often flip tv show clips before putting them on youtube to make it harder for the copyright filters to recognize. I'm guessing someone made the gif using a video like that.

Apoc29 said:

gqVsV.gif

Was it taken from a youtube video?

Some Simpson's clips on Youtube are flipped horizontally to get past the copyright

Zenith

Banned
krae_man said:
742 Evergreen Terrace is next to Lovejoy's house?

There was another epsiode where the Simpsons house was a different address(the one where Moe wanted to stab Jumbo) and it annoyed me to no end that nothing about it was mentioned in the commentaries:lol

there's also the episode were it's about 8 houses up from Moe's (Homer loses his drivers license (again!) and learns to like walking) and the episode where the garden backs onto the Nuclear Power Plan car park (Stonecutter's ep).

and then in the movie we find their house is right on the edge of Springfield backing onto a big forest. and then there's the episode where they get a pool and at the end you see Martin Prince's house in relation to the Simpson's house.

edit:

"Ma'am, I wouldn't honk the honk if I couldn't tonk the tonk."

discohiro

Blader5489 said:

Mama Robotnik said:
To this day, my brain still tries to internalise the sheer physics of what is happening here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRLgEOPfSE

This video's got a bunch of clips of Shemp and Curly of the Three Stooges doing this exact same move. If I remember correctly, Homer is making the same sounds that Curly makes whenever he does this move. It looks off when Homer is doing it since it looks like he's actually just walking around on his side.

HomerBadman.png

Crowd: Two! Four! Six! Eight!
Homer's crime was very great!
[pause]
"Great" meaning "large" or "immense",
We use it in the pejorative sense!
Homer: Marge, I swear I didn't touch her. You know how bashful I am --
I can't even say the word "titmouse" without giggling like a
schoolgirl. [giggles]
Marge: Er, at any rate, I believe you and I think you should go outside
and straighten this out. Some of their chants are very catchy
and memorable.

Grug

0630.JPG

Kid: Can I touch it?
Dad: I've worked too long and hard on this for you to screw it now!
Kid: But it's got my name on it.
Dad: Just stand over there!.... Over there!

:lol

Reminds me of all the times my dad would have to rescue me with projects I'd leave till the last minute.

Adam J.

Melvin and the Squirrels; part of the rodent invasion of the early 60's.

"Stuck'a feather in his hat and called it rice-a-roni...MEEEELVIN!"

Grug said:
0630.JPG

Kid: Can I touch it?
Dad: I've worked too long and hard on this for you to screw it now!
Kid: But it's got my name on it.
Dad: Just stand over there!.... Over there!

:lol

Reminds me of all the times my dad would have to rescue me with projects I'd leave till the last minute.

Seriously, these sorts of projects are just stupid. When I was a kid, I didn't know SHIT about making models or anything like that, so it always ended up being my parents that would do the whole thing for me (and they suspected that it was a similar story for other parents and children).

painey said:
not only is that an awful episode, but they already did an episode with the name parody in season 11 take my wife, sleaze (which included the shitty motorcycle fight)

To each their own. I loved the episode simply for the intro scenes at the aquarium with the angry tour guide ("Looks like we interrupted the penguins lunch time!" "Hahaha" "Shut up! It's not that funny!") and Homer at blockbuster crossing between the sad movie and Editor In Chimp..

Rubezh

They just showed Last Tap Dance in Springfield today here in the UK. Even though some consider the 11th season past their prime I still think it's a fantastic episode.

Dancer: You are now carrying my child.
Lisabella: But how?
Dancer: It is the mystery of the dance.

Wiggum: Every sign points to one obvious culprit: a giant rat. You'll have to shut down the mall.
Mall Guy: On President's Day weekend? Are you crazy?
Wiggum: Crazy with concern for the public, yes!

Frink: Jesus, Mary and glavin! These shoes are in the off position!
Lisa: You mean I danced all by myself?
Marge: See, honey? All you needed was to believe--
Homer: What are you talking about, Professor Frink? They're clearly in the on position. See? "On".
Frink: I was merely trying to spare he girl's feelings, you insensitive clod.

I love that black and white film with the dancing cat and fake arms too. :lol

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
Seriously, these sorts of projects are just stupid. When I was a kid, I didn't know SHIT about making models or anything like that, so it always ended up being my parents that would do the whole thing for me (and they suspected that it was a similar story for other parents and children).

I think that, in theory, it's a solid excuse for you to spend time with your parent working on something constructive, and it's a way for them to take an active role in your education.

But then again, in theory, communism works. In theory.

I think it's the episode where Lisa is trying to go on a pagent show, and Bart goes nuts when describing the girls that would be there.

Edit: beaten

Bart: " Lisa, you are not ugly"

Scottify

One of my favorite scenes is from The Cartridge Family. I tried to find a video to make a gif of it but had no luck yet. Just after Homer set the gun on the table and sets off a chain reaction where a knife ends up between the eyes of a photo of Marge.

Lisa: No offense, Mom, but that was pretty cool.
Marge: [staring at her picture nervously] Homer, I think you'd agree that I've put up with a lot in this marriage...

Homer opens his mouth to disagree, but sees that Bart & Lisa are shaking their heads at him. He closes his mouth and lets Marge continue.

Marvie_3

Banned
Guzim said:
:lol :lol

Frackh said:
One of my favorite scenes is from The Cartridge Family. I tried to find a video to make a gif of it but had no luck yet. Just after Homer set the gun on the table and sets off a chain reaction where a knife ends up between the eyes of a photo of Marge.

Lisa: No offense, Mom, but that was pretty cool.
Marge: [staring at her picture nervously] Homer, I think you'd agree that I've put up with a lot in this marriage...

Homer opens his mouth to disagree, but sees that Bart & Lisa are shaking their heads at him. He closes his mouth and lets Marge continue.
Great episode. That part is awesome too. :D

nocode

timetokill said:
I think that, in theory, it's a solid excuse for you to spend time with your parent working on something constructive, and it's a way for them to take an active role in your education.

But then again, in theory, communism works. In theory.

Nah, it's an alternative to giving kids multiple choice test after multiple choice test. It also gives them a chance to use their brains in a creative way for their science class. Some students aren't good at taking tests, so a science class wouldn't be fair for them would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom