• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSo

Banned
Guzim said:
rhr97d.jpg
:lol That's from Krusty Gets Kancelled, right?

canoli2006 said:
These pics remind me of when Lisa was anti-tobacco.

She even forfeited her crown when Laramie asked her to sell out her principles and help them market cigarettes to Springfield's youth.

That was very mature of her.

Next, here's a framegrab from Season 19...

CigsR4Kids.jpg

I haven't seen all the newest episodes but I do think that after the show went HD, the stories (at least the first few I have seen) got a lot better compared to season 19 etc. They had a sort of old school feel to them

AniHawk

PetriP-TNT said:
I haven't seen all the newest episodes but I do think that after the show went HD, the stories (at least the first few I have seen) got a lot better compared to season 19 etc. They had a sort of old school feel to them

For me, the show hit rock bottom at season 14, and it's been a slow climb out of that hole ever since. 21 was somewhere between 10 and 11 for me.

fisheyes

AC!D said:
Here's a great post from a very bitter (but also excellent) Simpsons blog, which pretty much sums up the thread title with one episode:

Dead Homer Society - Homer Goes to College

Homer goes to College has always looked especially weird to me. The scene in particular where the family are sitting at the kitchen table ("start diggin some nerd holes") always strikes me as incredibly off looking every time I see the episode. Mind you, I prefer this 'off' style to the super bland new style, but this is really the only episode where I look at the animation and think that something isn't right.

HA! HE DROPPED HIS NOTES!

Guzim

fisheyes said:
Homer goes to College has always looked especially weird to me. The scene in particular where the family are sitting at the kitchen table ("start diggin some nerd holes") always strikes me as incredibly off looking every time I see the episode.
They make a joke in the commentary during that scene about the way the animation is. Apparently Matt Groening didn't like that scene :lol

GaussTek

AC!D said:
Here's a great post from a very bitter (but also excellent) Simpsons blog, which pretty much sums up the thread title with one episode:

Dead Homer Society - Homer Goes to College

55.jpg

Oh man, I wanted to do that every time I finished an exam at school :lol

Natetan said:

Although that's on a bit newer season (11), I think that's pretty funny. Also, I liked the part were the restaurant guys reunite and plan how to kill Homer (from snpp):

Man: Come on, you're going to kill him with a pastry?
I've seen this man eat a bowl of change!

Chef: This éclair is over one million calories. Twenty-five
pounds of butter per square inch. Covered with chocolate
so dark that light cannot escape its surface.
[The other
restaurateurs lunge for the savoury picture] No, no, no!
This is just a picture. But Homer Simpson will find the
real thing both delicious and deadly.

Akira: Ah, yes, Death by Chocolate.

Chef: ... and poison, I'll stick in some poison.

:lol

KAP151

b88rvq.jpg

... by the time I got to the phone, my discovery had already been reported by Principal Kahoutek. I got back at him, though... him and that little boy of his.

can anyone post the pic of homer in his purple bowling jacket as he looks back sadly over his shoulder while walking out of the bowling alley (on his way back to the power plant)?

One of my favorite visually striking simpsons moments ever.

elrechazao said:
can anyone post the pic of homer in his purple bowling jacket as he looks back sadly over his shoulder while walking out of the bowling alley (on his way back to the power plant)?

One of my favorite visually striking simpsons moments ever.

Took a bunch from that ep:

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16ht0qj.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16h429f.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16hc2yq.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16hd0o7.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16hg10j.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16ho1ga.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16hc2v7.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16h91kj.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16hq13b.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16h51qy.png

vlcsnap-2010-08-05-16hf2id.png

AniHawk

Henchmen21 said:
I love how in the first 2 pics, Marge is very clearly showing and Homer doesn't know till Marge tells him

The first pic is a continuity error. They were still living with the Bouviers when Bart was born, and Homer had found out from Dr. Hibbert.

EDIT: Actually, both are. The second pic is wrong because Marge told Homer while they were living in the apartment together.

BigAT

Henchmen21 said:
I love how in the first 2 pics, Marge is very clearly showing and Homer doesn't know till Marge tells him
Moe: [sly] Hey, Homer! Way to get Marge pregnant.
Homer: This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley.

GaussTek

BigAT said:
Homer: This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley.

:lol

Edit: that reminded me about this:

2edqvyf.jpg

human5892

Queen of Denmark
This is probably as good a place to ask as any:

In Last Exit To Springfield, Smithers and Burns decide that they can run the whole nuclear plant by themselves. What follows is a montage that shows them merrily giving it a try (until the hired robot workers turn on them).

During this montage, what song is playing? Is it an original composition, or is it a full recorded piece that I can buy somewhere?

BigAT said:
Maude: By the way, congratulations on your new job, Homer.
Homer: New job? ...Marge is pregnant?! [pulls hair out] Noooooo!

ATF487

human5892 said:
This is probably as good a place to ask as any:

In Last Exit To Springfield, Smithers and Burns decide that they can run the whole nuclear plant by themselves. What follows is a montage that shows them merrily giving it a try (until the hired robot workers turn on them).

During this montage, what song is playing? Is it an original composition, or is it a full recorded piece that I can buy somewhere?

I just wanted to say, great Jason avatar. Home Movies is up there with my favorite shows ever

Since it fits so perfectly with my normal "happy Burns" avatar, I decided to use an image of Burns from the Dead Homer Society link for a little while. Maybe I'll rotate between the two. Both screens from him in his office making a ridiculous face. :lol

Remember the time Santa's Little Helper ate my goldfish, and you lied and said I never had any goldfish? Well, why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?

Marvie_3

Banned
RoryDropkick said:
I still like the sound effect of Homer polishing his forehead in the ball polisher. *vwoow*
I think my favorite sound effect in the whole series is when Marge gets her hair chopped off by Burns' helicopter. I don't know why but I laugh my ass off every time. :lol

offshore

Troy McClure: Now, over the next six hours, I'll be taking you through the dos and do not dos of foundation repair. Ready?

Homer: Ready!

29wtv0m.jpg

Troy McClure: Now, do you have extruded polyvinyl foam insulation?

Homer: No.

Troy McClure: Good!

x2j8fn.jpg

Could already be posted, so sorry. I'm very new to this thread.

Marvie_3 said:
I liked The Critic but I fuckin hated the parts of this episode with Jay Sherman. That episode would have been great on its own but forcing a shitty crossover into it almost ruins the episode.

OH I'D LOVE TO BE AN OSCAR MEYER WEINER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom