• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Reminds me of the teacher strike episode when Skinner and Krabappel are debating.
"The taxes! That finger thing means the taxes."
iguvIIoN1Jhdq.gif

whitehawk

Banned
Clip, not a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUD6sBrPB30

I love this episode. It's so stupid. This is the age where the Simpsons, especially Homer, was really stupid and whacky but still managed to be funny. Shortly after this is when the show was whacky but depressingly un-funny
Is it just me, or am I seeing Homer's eye's look at Marge's chest a couple times. The second time it looks like he quickly takes a look when she looks to the left lol.

123rl

The Curfew episode is great. Homer is basically a troll by this point, the jokes are sharp and quick, and the song is a classic moment in the series. Watch it again, objectively, and s10 is damn strong and just as good as s7-9

The Curfew episode is great. Homer is basically a troll by this point, the jokes are sharp and quick, and the song is a classic moment in the series. Watch it again, objectively, and s10 is damn strong and just as good as s7-9

Season 10 is objectively as good as season 7, or 8?

Saying that is factually wrong sir. Not to mention, illegal.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
ralfjeuc3.jpg

Just reminded me that there were Playboy pics of Marge. That's usually the kind of stuff you only see in the adbar of some obscure websites...

Jesus Christ. I never bothered to look the pictures up and I always assumed they were relatively "safe." Like, Marge in a swimsuit or something.

Nipples. Fucking cartoon nipples.

Playboy (and the Simpsons) deserves to be spiraling the drain.

Fucking agreed. S10 ends the classic era officially. It's a shame though, since the character models are nearly the same as the ones from seasons 11-14, to which I have so much hatred for it accidentally leaks into my viewings of S10 sometimes.

Fucking agreed. S10 ends the classic era officially. It's a shame though, since the character models are nearly the same as the ones from seasons 11-14, to which I have so much hatred for it accidentally leaks into my viewings of S10 sometimes.

Glad I can handle up to 13 then! No seeping of hatred for me.

Who's that leather Muppet?

Lisa: Dad, what's a Muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop and it's not quite a puppet... but man (laughs). So to answer your question, I don't know.
Bart: Why did they make that one Muppet out of leather?
Marge: That's not a leather Muppet, that's Troy McClure.

AAequal

Banned
Just watched another classic episode that I have seen too often lately.
aS3T5.png

YuELU.png

Homer's stock broker is still highlight of the episode :D

LfO8B.png

This is the worse day of my life.

qZydI.png

We Germans aren't all smiles und sunshine.

UberTag

Newsflash... EVERY season has a few good episodes. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken being excellent (which it is) doesn't automatically elevate Season 10 to classic era greatness.

Neither do the few decent non-holdover Scully-run episodes of Season 9 for that matter.

And Season 11 is a veritable abomination and one of the worst seasons in the entire 23-year lineage of the show.

Classic era ended once the last of the S9 holdovers aired in 1997, Scully took over and the heyday of Jean/Reiss & Mirkin was over. However, EVERY season since has provided a handful of watchable to very good episodes from 1997 all the way through 2012.

Stet

Banned
ibt3tE2JlRIclt.jpg

Hey, Angel Pie. Can you drive me down to the Liebarry? I wanna rent us up some movies.

ikQke8wRuX4R4.jpg

I warsh myself with a rag on a stick.

ibgt5ALmizGFaP.png

You're fat!

Juuuust more of me to love, honey.

AAequal

Banned
8VE9P.png

You're the birthday, you're the birthday, you're the birthday boy or girl!
zKtKd.png

jk1Jo.png

7R43O.png

Bart's face is priceless :D

11xLy.png

t3yQR.png

HOMER: Bart I'll bet you'll think nothing's gonna top that cactus. Well, check out my present.
KrlHU.png

Gbn8B.png

BART: Next.
pzHl1.png

MARGE: Bart be polite
6XRkh.png

BART: Next, please.

"The bee bit my bottom! Now my bottom's big!"

I was just subjected to a new era episode where Grampa agrees to assisted suicide and then one things leads to another and he becomes a matador. Has to be up there as one of the worst episodes ever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

"The bee bit my bottom! Now my bottom's big!"

I was just subjected to a new era episode where Grampa agrees to assisted suicide and then one things leads to another and he becomes a matador. Has to be up there as one of the worst episodes ever.

Love that scene so much.

That's one of the major issues of modern Simpsons. They cram multiple episode ideas into one since they can't figure out how to fill 22 minutes. Then they try to find some way to connect the ideas no matter how contrived it is.
Also, I don't get the "humor" behind characters killing themselves. Moe's only trait is that he's suicidal now, it's fucking stupid.

Personally, the teen seasons were the worst years. HD Simpsons has transitioned the show from "painfully awful" to just "meh, it's passable".

Marvie_3

Banned
Love that scene so much.

That's one of the major issues of modern Simpsons. They cram multiple episode ideas into one since they can't figure out how to fill 22 minutes. Then they try to find some way to connect the ideas no matter how contrived it is.
Also, I don't get the "humor" behind characters killing themselves. Moe's only trait is that he's suicidal now, it's fucking stupid.

Personally, the teen seasons were the worst years. HD Simpsons has transitioned the show from "painfully awful" to just "meh, it's passable".
That's most of the characters. Completely one-dimensional anymore.

BigAT

I love that Homer wears a watch only when he needs it for plot or joke purposes. Kind of like his little half-glasses that he pulls out.

They mention the watch thing on the DVD commentaries pretty much anytime it happens. Same thing for whenever Grandpa happens to be sitting in a room, prepare for the joke that is incoming.

Shaneus

They mention the watch thing on the DVD commentaries pretty much anytime it happens. Same thing for whenever Grandpa happens to be sitting in a room, prepare for the joke that is incoming.
Well, not anymore. Back when The Simpsons actually *had* jokes, sure.

Kinyou

Die Pod!

Haha that was funny.

Ugh. Grandpa wanting to watch recordings of Hippies getting beat up, while he passes out, was actually kind of funny. But this incredible useless and unfunny reference killed that as well. (Just like the unnecessary camera zooms that the modern Simpsons seems to like so much)

markot

Banned
Whats the episode where Bart prays to god and then promises not to do anything bad before he wakes up, then he bumps his elbow on the bed stand and tackles it saying 'ill kill you!' >.>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom