• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the episode where Bart prays to god and then promises not to do anything bad before he wakes up, then he bumps his elbow on the bed stand and tackles it saying 'ill kill you!' >.>?

I think he's praying to Santa. I'm thinking it's the Christmas episode where Bart accidentally burns down the Christmas tree and then lies and says someone broke into the house and stole all the presents. I could be way off here though.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think he's praying to Santa. I'm thinking it's the Christmas episode where Bart accidentally burns down the Christmas tree and then lies and says someone broke into the house and stole all the presents. I could be way off here though.
You're correct. "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace" from Season 10.

lunchtoast

aC0fn.png

"This is all your fault!"

Agent: We have places your family can hide in peace and security: Cape
Fear, Terror Lake, New Horrorfield, Screamville --
Homer: [enthusiastically] Ooh, Ice Creamville!
Agent: Er, no, Screamville.
Homer: [scared] Aah!

BigAT

Of course, the book does not contain any hints on how to win the lottery. It is, rather, a chilling tale of conformity gone mad.

Marge: You said this monkey would be sweeping the floors and cleaning the gutters. And now, he just lies there, struggling to breathe!
Homer: What do you want? His cholesterol's through the roof.

Darklord

Banned
I like in the Hullabalooza they take a stab at Apple being an old, forgotten brand.

Homer: It was sponsored by the guy from Apple Computers
Clerk: What computers?

what_rhythm

Neo Member
Has anyone else built up the ability to discern all the little scenes and bits they cut out in the syndicated episodes when you watch the DVDs?

When I was a kid, there was a phase where my local FOX channel (WTTG Washington DC) aired two episodes every weeknight. (There were other phases when they just had one episode combined with a Seinfeld, Friends, or Drew Carey Show.) These episodes are the ones burned into my brain and I memorized every line of.

It feels really weird to see these "extra" bits when I watch the DVD episodes now. It's like they just don't fit in.

Oh and btw, here is India's answer to Brian Dennehy:
tumblr_ktq8bcoMkN1qzttq6o1_400.jpg

Shaneus

Has anyone else built up the ability to discern all the little scenes and bits they cut out in the syndicated episodes when you watch the DVDs?

When I was a kid, there was a phase where my local FOX channel (WTTG Washington DC) aired two episodes every weeknight. (There were other phases when they just had one episode combined with a Seinfeld, Friends, or Drew Carey Show.) These episodes are the ones burned into my brain and I memorized every line of.

It feels really weird to see these "extra" bits when I watch the DVD episodes now. It's like they just don't fit in.
Yep. No matter what episode (S1-10, obv) I can always tell what was cut. So fucking odd.

Kinyou

I don't quite understand, are all the episodes on the DVD extended? Sort of like the Lotr movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom