• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan. EGM - Scores and Rumors

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
MoxManiac said:
You are aware they are full blown new 3D remakes of said games? Not just the TG16 ports that the Wii has, right?

Do not defy me, Ani.

Oh....my bad. I take back my comment. I thought they were just Tubro Grafix ports....:)

Cheerilee

-Rare is working on a Viva Pinata Kart racing game.
Yay! Donkey Kong Racing/Mascot Racer is finally coming out.

617849.jpg

So what other GameCube launch games does Rare have left on their plate?

StarFox Adventures -check
Perfect Dark -check
Kameo -check
DKR -check

I think Banjo 3's name was tossed around quite a lot.

-Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.
Somehow I doubt that 4000 bytes will be sufficent for that.

Kingpen said:
I couldn't get enough of COD2, so I am completely happy with COD3, even if it is more of an expansion pack with better multiplayer then a true mind blowing sequel.

Yes, Rainbow is indeed the shit..... I like it a lot better then graw.....

Good man (or woman, if you are). COD3 and Rainbow 6 are on my next purchase list then. I'm just hoping some of the other games I want to get are going to get bad reviews to free up some cash. :lol

fse

scores seem alright.

Castlevania POR - replace the 9 with an 8, and its right :). IMO
RR7 - about right.
Resistance - about right.
Zelda - needs an 11/10 :eek:
Excite Truck - too ****ing low :(

ruby_onix said:
Somehow I doubt that 4000 bytes will be sufficent for that.

Maybe they can just store a password or something and have it hook up to an online database.

BTW, when does Diddy Kong Racing for DS come out? I seriously can't wait for that one - the N64 version was fantastic and it's been so long since I've played it, it may as well be a new game.

Rlan

AniHawk said:
It's as bad as Sonic and his Shitty Friends, according to EGM.

So strange seing such awful scores after the fantastic Sonic Rush. That one definitely needs a sequel.

BTW, if you don't already know, Hudson released remakes of those games mentioned + some other game on the Gamecube a while back:

bonk3.jpg
bonk2.jpg

But they only came out in Japan. Hell, these games are probably under 200 megabytes themselves, they should be downloadable via VC :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
A game that offers no multiplayer in any shape or form (not even offline) receives straight 10s...

Un****ingbelievable...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Safe Bet said:
A game that offers no multiplayer in any shape or form (not even offline) receives straight 10s...

Un****ingbelievable...

Yeah seriously, who plays 1 player games anymore anyway?!

Odysseus

Banned
Safe Bet said:

Un****ingbelievable...

While I think Zelda should never get higher than a 7, the lack of multiplayer is not a detriment in this particular case.

Pellham

Banned
Rlan said:
So strange seing such awful scores after the fantastic Sonic Rush. That one definitely needs a sequel.

BTW, if you don't already know, Hudson released remakes of those games mentioned + some other game on the Gamecube a while back:

bonk3.jpg
bonk2.jpg

But they only came out in Japan. Hell, these games are probably under 200 megabytes themselves, they should be downloadable via VC :lol

hm, really, can you find this from any online import retailers?

edit: Oh I have Star Soldier GC. I never realized it was a remake of the original TG16 game, thought it was a sequel.

medrew

Safe Bet said:

Un****ingbelievable...

I agree. ****ing Nintendo. All they gave us was one of the best games ever made, but no multiplayer where we can slash swords against each other. 7 or die EGM.

Red Steel better than Zelda confirmed mother****ers

Grecco

Safe Bet said:

Un****ingbelievable...

If this guy doesnt deserve a new tag. I dont know what does here at gaf

TheGreatDave said:
Wii Sports is a clear 7.5, nothing less.

then create your own magazine/website, give it a 7.5, and stfu. Man these EGM score threads are always such a cluster****. Especially when you consider that nobody even reads the reviews to know what they did and didnt like about a game before the criticisms start getting thrown out. You're basing it on arbitraryass numbers. "clear 7.5"? WTF does that even mean? Nothing, its just a number. A worthless number. A 7.5 can mean a thousand different things to a thousand different people with regards to a game review.

Odysseus

Banned
lockii said:
[IMG,]http://guy.troll.free.fr/images/Bannieres/Troll.jpg[/IMG]

I'd knock it down to 7 simply for having the same characters and basic plot each and every game while noting that the lack of voice acting in this day and age does not do the game a service. This isn't 1985 anymore. I would tell Johnny Ninfan to just view the game as being on a 7-point scale and if it gets a 6.5, he should consider the game fricken brilliant (because he would anyway) while everyone else in the world makes note of why the game is old hat. But that's just me, and I didn't grow up playing Zelda.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Odysseus said:
I'd knock it down to 7 simply for having the same characters and basic plot each and every game while noting that the lack of voice acting in this day and age does not do the game a service.

Do you also get angry that every Halo game seems to star Master Chief with the same premise of fighting evil aliens?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Odysseus said:
I'd knock it down to 7 simply for having the same characters and basic plot each and every game while noting that the lack of voice acting in this day and age does not do the game a service. This isn't 1985 anymore. I would tell Johnny Ninfan to just view the game as being on a 7-point scale and if it gets a 6.5, he should consider the game fricken brilliant (because he would anyway) while everyone else in the world makes note of why the game is old hat. But that's just me, and I didn't grow up playing Zelda.

Lack of voice acting is not a reason to dock points.

Odysseus

Banned
Oblivion said:
Do you also get angry that every Halo game seems to star Master Chief with the same premise of fighting evil aliens?

Get back to me after he saves the world the first time and Bungie makes a story arc where he does the same thing again.

Grecco

Odysseus said:
I'd knock it down to 7 simply for having the same characters and basic plot each and every game while noting that the lack of voice acting.

your totally Matt from IGN arent you?

Oblivion

Odysseus said:
Get back to me after he saves the world the first time and Bungie makes a story arc where he does the same thing again.

So...you can't have a threat come back up once you've already used that idea?

Edit: Btw, there's quite a few Zelda games that don't have the same cast.

heidern

Un****ingbelievable...

I know! The one player game must really be awesome to deserve straight 10s don't you think? But then it is Zelda so I don't think it is that out there that this game is great.

jarosh said:

Awesome :lol

Durante

Odysseus said:
I'd knock it down to 7 simply for having the same characters and basic plot each and every game while noting that the lack of voice acting in this day and age does not do the game a service. This isn't 1985 anymore.
Why do you hate gaming?

I detest rabid frothing Nintendo fans with a passion, but after playing TP for 16 hours since the EU Wii release I can say with confidence that giving it a 7 out of 10 should be reason enough to revoke your gamer licence indefinitely. This has nothing to do with nostalgia, and everything to do with appreciating artful game design, and, above all, gameplay.

Odysseus

Banned
Oblivion said:
So...you can't have a threat come back up once you've already used that idea?

Well, let's just say Master Chief ends the Covenant threat. Contains the Flood, too. Disables all the Halos, even. Next time Bungie crafts a game or a series, it better not be about Master Chief defeating the Covenant, containing the Flood, and disabling the Halos.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Odysseus said:
Well, let's just say Master Chief ends the Covenant threat. Contains the Flood, too. Disables all the Halos, even. Next time Bungie crafts a game or a series, it better not be about Master Chief defeating the Covenant, containing the Flood, and disabling the Halos.

let's keep our fingers crossed that it's a different alien species that screams like girls when you shoot them in the face

Odysseus: Serious, honest question: Do you not believe that some people could not care about the storyline in Zelda and videogames in general when giving out review scores?

omg rite said:
A ****ing 4.5 for Madden and a 5.5 for Wii Sports, while Tony Hawk gets 8's and 7.5's... and a 8 for Project 8? Please, EGM, stop trying to be unique.

On that note, a 6.0 for RR7 is annoying too. It's okay for Madden to get 9's and 8's every year, but it's different for a series like Ridge Racer.

Just stop.

you stop first

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Zelda getting straight 10's made me lol out loud, almost as much as the defence force coming in here to say it deserved it !

I really wish all reviews had no scores, but being the add society that we are - it just wouldnt work.

Odysseus

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Odysseus: Serious, honest question: Do you not believe that some people could not care about the storyline in Zelda and videogames in general when giving out review scores?

Oh, they don't have to. I'm just saying if I were reviewing these games, storylines would play a major role. I'm not going to argue with EGM handing out 10s or IGN going 9.5. I don't typically argue review scores.

Odysseus said:
Oh, they don't have to. I'm just saying if I were reviewing these games, storylines would play a major role. I'm not going to argue with EGM handing out 10s or IGN going 9.5. I don't typically argue review scores.

i don't have a problem with that. LEAVE ODYSSEUS ALONE YOU DIRTBAGS!

Durante

Odysseus said:
And wait, just let me get this right, you think Halo's story was good?

Odysseus

Banned
Durante said:
And wait, just let me get this right, you think Halo's story was good?

The story of Halo (games, novels, etc.) is the reason I want Halo 3 and will buy a 360 to play it. I would never tell anyone otherwise. I enjoy it, and I enjoy the gameplay greatly as well. A lot of times, I enjoy story more than gameplay. Others, I enjoy gameplay more than story. With many games, the lack or repetitiveness of a story just kills it for me. Nintendo games, by and large, fall victim to that, which is why I will never buy another one.

Oblivion

Ninja Scooter said:
i don't have a problem with that. LEAVE ODYSSEUS ALONE YOU DIRTBAGS!

NEVER!!

I guess I'm just more forgiving. See, I don't care if a game has the same characters and overall plot as long as it's done in a good way. Jarosh said it best:

jarosh said:
just because it's not some fake ass expository pseudo-sophisticated superficially "deep" xenosaga anime crap doesn't mean it should be skipped. story is more than just plot. it's pacing, storytelling, writing etc...

Oblivion said:
NEVER!!

I guess I'm just more forgiving. See, I don't care if a game has the same characters and overall plot as long as it's done in a good way. Jarosh said it best:

but somebody else does care? Why does that annoy you? Is it really any different than what Odysseus is doing in regards to EGM reviewers? THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER HERE FOLKS! STOP WASTING YOUR ENERGY WHINING ABOUT THIS.

Top Bottom