• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

If they're just going with an old guy why not give Jericho the rub? At least he hasn't won it before.

Even if stupid Vince HAS to have face vs heel it can work.

Have him vs Owens at WM and going on about how he honestly feels like it's amazing that 2 friends get to wrestle the main event of WM but at the end of the night regardless of who wins they're still both champion!!!

But Owens is shifty eye not feeling the same way, he only liked them both being champ when it was actually him as champ not the other way round so he turns on Jericho for being a dick and wanting for vs him.
Orton's ten years younger then Jericho, I wouldn't really count him as an old guy at 36.

Bayley vs Charlotte was good, Owens vs Reigns was great, the Cruiserweight match was quite good, but the crowd barely gave a fuck and Cena vs Styles was awesome.

WWE could have had a GOAT PPV if the rumble was handled better.

Bayley vs Charlotte was good, Owens vs Reigns was great, the Cruiserweight match was quite good, but the crowd barely gave a fuck and Cena vs Styles was awesome.

WWE could have had a GOAT PPV if the rumble was handled better.

Batsie, where was Kane? WHERE WAS KAAAAANE?!

Can't believe they finally rope Taker back into a rumble and it's the one year Kane's off.

klonere

Banned
78 actual matches holy SHIT. That's incredible.

I think the last big Orton/Cena match was on the first WWE PPV I ever watched, NoC 2014

Mahonay

Banned
Since when did they make Roman Reigns wear blue contact lenses?

That's some really weird move to make him a face right?
It's something they did when they did his first mega baby face push. He hadn't had them for a while I think, did he have them in last night?

Caderfix

Since when did they make Roman Reigns wear blue contact lenses?

That's some really weird move to make him a face right?

He used to wear them, he recently stopped though. Is he wearing those again? It bothers me more than it should, like, why would you do it? Unless it's Roman's choice, in which case he can do whatever he wants, now, if it is something someone told him to do... Oh boy

Undertaker has 25 years of wear and tear on him. Also recently had surgery.

Goldberg was a full time wrestler for barely 5 years total. Not really a fair comparison.

Taker did look like shit though.

I just thought how great HBK looked at Mania last year now too. It's actually sad to see Taker do this, honestly.

Underrated Rumble moment: watching Kalisto's little legs make the trip down the ramp and the realisation that when even your quick footed cruiserweight is taking an age to get down every subsequent entry is going to be even slower.
If only Mojo had STAYED HYPE all the way down.

Can't wait for Taker to show up on raw tonight and call Roman the strongest dog in the yard

"It may be your yard but last night I marked my territory in it, Balee Dat!"

Vince honestly thinks Cena vs Orton is like some glorious era defining blood-feud that the crowd just ALWAYS WANTS TO SEE. BAH GAWD THE HISTORY BETWEEN THESE TWO, I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THE EXCITEMENT OMG MY ERECTION IS SO BIG MY PANTS ARE SPLITTING!

In reality we got sick of that shit a long time ago. Your dumb ass made sure of that.

Sephzilla

Vince honestly thinks Cena vs Orton is like some glorious era defining blood-feud that the crowd just ALWAYS WANTS TO SEE. BAH GAWD THE HISTORY BETWEEN THESE TWO, I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THE EXCITEMENT OMG MY ERECTION IS SO BIG MY PANTS ARE SPLITTING!

In reality we got sick of that shit a long time ago. Your dumb ass made sure of that.

This part is pretty true. When they did the that unification title match a few years back one of the promo packages actually tried to compare Cena/Orton to Hogan/Savage

I did fucking die at the lights going off and then Taker appearing in the ring since they couldn't have him jogging and gassing on his way down the long ass ramp.

Can't believe they finally rope Taker back into a rumble and it's the one year Kane's off.
The rumble would have been a solid D+ if Kane and Taker had one last staredown, friend.

Hasney

This part is pretty true. When they did the that unification title match a few years back one of the promo packages actually tried to compare Cena/Orton to Hogan/Savage

Yup. Then they had that hilarious "ascension ceremony" with Cena and Orton handing over their belts and the crowd wouldn't shut up about Daniel Bryan.

PqWxC5rQ.jpg

Will never get old

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

The Z-Man winning the GAF Rumble was more interesting than Orton winning.

Scott Norton winning the New Legacy Inc Rumble was much more interesting.

Your Raw Preview

Seth Rollins has wanted a piece of Triple H ever since The Game cost The Architect the WWE Universal Championship back in August and his music cost Rollins his Royal Rumble Match opportunity on Raw. At NXT TakeOver: San Antonio, Rollins attacked The Game on his home turf by hijacking the broadcast to confront The King of Kings.

Triple H has responded that there’s a big difference between the “creator” of WWE NXT and the “destroyer” that is The Cerebral Assassin. Following that threat issued by her husband late Saturday night, Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon has announced that she’ll address Rollins face-to-face on Raw. What punishment awaits The Architect? Will he be fined, suspended or worse?

As United States Champion Chris Jericho channeled Richard Dreyfus from “Jaws” last night at Royal Rumble, locked in a shark cage high above the ring, the ravenous Braun Strowman attacked like a great white below, driving Roman Reigns through a table and allowing Kevin Owens to retain the WWE Universal Championship.

Is The Monster Among Men in league with The Prizefighter? Why exactly did Strowman help Owens dismantle The Big Dog? Hopefully, the WWE Universe will learn the truth behind the behemoth’s actions tonight

Lifelong WWE Universe member Bayley’s childhood dream nearly came to fruition last night at Royal Rumble, but it was Charlotte Flair who left the Alamodome with the Raw Women’s Championship around her waist, and her undefeated streak in championship matches on pay-per-view intact.

Now that The Queen has turned back the determined Bayley, who will be next to challenge her rule at the top of the Raw Women’s division? Will The Huggable One continue to pursue the title? Find out tonight

Brock Lesnar seemed unstoppable during the Royal Rumble Match … until Goldberg entered the bout, Speared The Beast Incarnate and sent him tumbling over the top rope. Just as he did at Survivor Series, Goldberg made short work of one of the most powerful Superstars in WWE history.

Judging by Lesnar’s face after being dum...ped to the floor, he was just as surprised as the WWE Universe last night in San Antonio. Goldberg would be eliminated by The Undertaker just a few minutes later, but something tells us he still has some unfinished business with Lesnar—or, more accurately, Lesnar has some unfinished business with him

Sephzilla

I was actually legit wondering this. I figured we'd get a Taker/Kane final staredown or maybe the Brothers of Destruction taking out Strowman or something like that. But no, we have to waste Rumble spots on Kalisto, Enzo Amore, and James Ellsworth.

I'm glad everyone recognizes my superior booking skills. I made the crowd excited for Bastion Booger vs some WCW jobber vs a goddamn Ninja Turtle

Hasney

VERBIAGE reminds me. How was the rip-snorting action of the pre-show 2 REF tag match?

Judging by Lesnar's face after being dum...ped to the floor,

C'mon now

EDIT: Wait, PED. Sick burn on Brock.

That unification promo is forever going to be one of my most fav moments in wrestling.

They spend like 40min trying to say "No seriously guys, do you understand how much of a zomg big important thing this is??? CENA AND ORTON TO DECIDE ONCE AND FOR ALL WHO IS THE BEST OF A GAWD DAMN ERA!" And all anyone cares about is little ol' Daniel Bryan. ;)

You can tell it's shit like that which made them so annoyed at D-Bry lol.

Kurita

Yeah pretty much my reaction.

That unification promo is forever going to be one of my most fav moments in wrestling.

They spend like 40min trying to say "No seriously guys, do you understand how much of a zomg big important thing this is??? CENA AND ORTON TO DECIDE ONCE AND FOR ALL WHO IS THE BEST OF A GAWD DAMN ERA!" And all anyone cares about is little ol' Daniel Bryan. ;)

You can tell it's shit like that which made them so annoyed at D-Bry lol.

Henry, Miz, etc... corpsing make this whole segment great

Anth0ny

never forget

Caderfix

I can't wait for the segment with Steph and Seth, it's going to be great, fresh and an opportunity to listen to their silky smooth not irritating whatsoever voices.

Zach

Well that's certainly true. It was the best Rumble performance since Flair in '92, in my opinion.

Oh, and how about my lottery number being Roman. When he came out I was like "uh-oh. If he wins this, I will be the biggest heel on WrassleGAF without even trying..."

Kinda like Roman Reigns, I guess.

Lifelong WWE Universe member Bayley’s childhood dream nearly came to fruition last night at Royal Rumble, but it was Charlotte Flair who left the Alamodome with the Raw Women’s Championship around her waist, and her undefeated streak in championship matches on pay-per-view intact.

Now that The Queen has turned back the determined Bayley, who will be next to challenge her rule at the top of the Raw Women’s division? Will The Huggable One continue to pursue the title? Find out tonight
Oh God we're finally getting a Nia Jax title push.

Also The Huggable One needs to stop.

I love good use of Triple H but I am super tired of every mania feud with him just being a retelling of the D Bryan feud again and again.

Also I cant believe its been that long since that feud. Was that the start of Stephanie being the slap happy wet blanket of every storyline she was involved in?

Hasney

I love good use of Triple H but I am super tired of every mania feud with him just being a retelling of the D Bryan feud again and again.

Also I cant believe its been that long since that feud. Was that the start of Stephanie being the slap happy wet blanket of every storyline she was involved in?

Nah, she was doing that during the McMahon-Helmsley era.

Sephzilla

jesus, I'm still amazed at how incredibly fucking over Bryan got. And still utterly shocked that WWE didn't put a goddamn rocket on his back and ride that shit for all it was worth.

I still maintain that they might have pushed Bryan if he cut the damn hair and beard, though

You did do a good job handling the Avatar Rumble, Sephzilla. Way to go.

Not gonna lie, I was happy to see people appreciate some of the little things I did like the scrolling entrant list and the RIP NeoGAF Vince bit

Top Bottom