• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Sephzilla

Assuming Vince is still desperate to get Roman over, why in the actual fuck is he setting up a Taker vs Roman feud. Roman going over Taker would result in Reigns getting X-Pac heat.

creatchee

Sometimes the Wreddit sidebar picture is perfection.

BbjoBWo.jpg

Seriously... it's like the majority of smarks turned around and looked at Sodom.

Assuming Vince is still desperate to get Roman over, why in the actual fuck is he setting up a Taker vs Roman feud. Roman going over Taker would result in Reigns getting X-Pac heat.
Last year at wrestlemania the whole crowd booed every time Roman had any sort of offense, against undertaker this will be so much worse.

Hasney

Anything you do with da big dawg results in X-Pac heat now anyway. May as well get your wet dream looking strong by going over Taker. At least it won't be last so WM won't be booed off the air again.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I'm of the opinion that either Bray should've broken the streak and become the new face of fear or that Strowman should eventually beat Brock to become the new monster. Then he can be beaten by Roman or whatever. But, honestly, any current star who's bellow 35 would result in better long term benefits than Goldberg but NOOOO we need those hashtags.

Yeah, I mean lots of people would have been better than Reigns. Unfortunately, if it was going to be anyone it was going to be Reigns. just saying Reigns would be better than Goldberg being the guy who gets the rub. Its really annoying how they use the old timers. There's no interest at all in using them to make current talent look good.

You could write a book about how badly they have mishandled Bray. From my anecdotal experience watching wrestling with casuals, Bray is one of the only non part timers people seemed excited about.

Caderfix

He probably thinks the achievement is more important then the short term effects, as they can rewrite history the way they want. I'd say he's certain Roman will be over eventually, and then he'll have a victory over Taker which the WWE will never let anyone forget.

Sephzilla

Anything you do with da big dawg results in X-Pac heat now anyway. May as well get your wet dream looking strong by going over Taker. At least it won't be last so WM won't be booed off the air again.

Roman at this point could still be saved with a heel turn. But "face" Roman going over Taker would be some shit he'd never escape

Anth0ny

they seem to think if he keeps winning the big one, he'll get over.

like, completely ignoring reality and a million other factors that would tell you it's a terrible idea. just like winning the rumble that daniel bryan got tossed out of earlier in the night.

While I understand some AJ fans are upset he lost, are people still seriously saying Cena has to be carried to a good match?

I'm honestly desperate that this is going to result in a Roman heel turn. It's the perfect opponent to do it against. Roman tries and tries, but he just can't defeat Undertaker. At the end after Taker has pinned him, the crowd is lured into thinking Taker is about to raise his hand and pass a torch only for Roman to spear him.

I know I'll be wrong but dammit Vince please.

Recall

He's been good ever since the Wyatt turn. He is still 100 percent the wrong person to be winning the Royal Rumble when you have other people that need to be pushed.

Wining a Rumble is the worst way to randomly push someone. You have to actually build them up somewhat and then have them win to cap it off, the the Mania journey story is the icing.

Braun should have been in the final four.

Zach

Sorry to break this to you Zach...... but Mr Kennedy sucks.

SUCKS.
I mean, his schtick was cute. He seems fine. But I'm guessing it'll get boring very quickly, because it'll probably happen every match, yeah?

I'm more concerned with Jillian Hall's growth. I can't believe you guys kept watching. >_>

Sephzilla

Part of the problem with Orton is that nobody wants to see a Royal Rumble to WrestleMania "journey" for a guy who's a 10 time world champion and has already done the entire Royal Rumble to WrestleMania journey.

Vince probably calls him late at night, crying into the phone, "Why wont they just cheer for him Mark? I don't understand it! We sacrifice years of stories and careers and still nothing."

Undertaker replies "FFS Vince I'll get him over." just to shut him up.

Put him in with one of the most beloved wrestlers in the companies history?? What do you mean the crowd is boo'ing him still???? I thought they'd love seeing him beat UT, and at WM!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURH

:|

Fox318

He probably thinks the achievement is more important then the short term effects, as they can rewrite history the way they want. I'd say he's certain Roman will be over eventually, and then he'll have a victory over Taker which the WWE will never let anyone forget.

pretty much this.

The only way now Vince can think of getting guys over is records and number/streak storylines.

Mahonay

Banned
Wining a Rumble is the worst way to randomly push someone. You have to actually build them up somewhat and then have them win to cap it off, the the Mania journey story is the icing.

Braun should have been in the final four.
I would have taken Braun winning over Randy.

What I mean is that they have a ton of young guys they are trying to prove are legitimate headliners. It's the NEW ERA after all which they love to hammer home. Why the fuck do you give Randy Orton that spot instead? Honestly Bray should have won the Rumble IMO.

They should have had Bray win.

That way at Wrestlemania Bray would get the win and his first world title. But oh-no, we gotta give the title and rumble win to the guy who's already won a rumble and main evented a Wrestlemania before.

Hasney

I can honestly picture Orton winning the belt, then hotshotting it around a few times for a year with various people but keeping in the picture, belt gets vacated for some reason and Orton V Cena to be the first EVER 17-time champ is booked.

Or just FUCK IT, both at 16 and Roman is the champ and goes over both.

Browny

Banned
Part of the problem with Orton is that nobody wants to see a Royal Rumble to WrestleMania "journey" for a guy who's a 10 time world champion and has already done the entire Royal Rumble to WrestleMania journey.
Absolute truth right here.

The Rumble is a great opportunity to give someone The Push. Instead, over the past few years it's been a handjob to the company guy.

Well almost, he did the trip to Mania and instead jobbed to Trips for some baffling reason, then just won the belt the next month anyway.
This time it's the REAL DEAL!

And what the hell was up with the Goldberg-Lesnar story progression? It was great to see Lesnar squashed again but why should people care for a rematch between them now?

I know Brock is allegedly meant to work a lot of Raw's now so we'll have some story which is probably going to equal him squashing half the roster, but it's basically fucking nothing.

WWE need to go with some story that all of the defeats and conquering made Brock cocky which is why he lost so quickly and then the Road To Wrestlemania is How Brock Got His Groove Back to try and make it credible for him to fight Goldberg.

Also we talk about Taker looking out of a shape and rightfully so but for a dude ten years younger then Taker and Goldberg, Brock looked flabby last night.

they seem to think if he keeps winning the big one, he'll get over.

like, completely ignoring reality and a million other factors that would tell you it's a terrible idea. just like winning the rumble that daniel bryan got tossed out of earlier in the night.
Yep and it completely ignores the fact that that's part of why people don't like him; they keep giving him all these accolades and it's really transparent why.

I'm just gonna say it again.

50,000 people paying good ass money to watch that.

How

is

your

territory

doing?
More fool them.

Bork jobbing to Dadberg again was great, having him come in and tear shit up only to get Goldbergered yet again really hits home the point that ol' Bergy has his number, effectively Lesnar's kryptonite and thus he should ideally be on the damn war path on the way to Mania in order to exorcise his biggest demon.

Of course the actual build will be some boring Heyman promos but oh well.

GunBR

Yep
In the WWE kayfabe the crowd is always behind Roman. Just like that bs of recap that they made when Jericho won the US belt

At the Raw after Mania they gonna show some people cheering when Roman wins (or sad if he loses) and, winning or losing, they gonna talk how he looks strong

That'll happen when you take yourself off the PED regiment you've been on for a while.
Brock probably doesn't give a fuck, honestly.
Yes to both.

I don't buy him as a monster when he looks that way. When he's big but in shape, I get it but not when he looks the way he did last night.

uWO9T6p.png

252 TIMES IN A LIFETIME COMIN' UP.
Fuck me Cena has a 81.3% win rate in his matches with Orton?

Zach

Roman's turning. OR ELSE HILARITY.

My money is on hilarity. Vince McMahon's booking is like Donald Trump running the country. At least we can laugh at WWE-related buffoonery.

If they're just going with an old guy why not give Jericho the rub? At least he hasn't won it before.

Even if stupid Vince HAS to have face vs heel it can work.

Have him vs Owens at WM and going on about how he honestly feels like it's amazing that 2 friends get to wrestle the main event of WM but at the end of the night regardless of who wins they're still both champion!!!

But Owens is shifty eye not feeling the same way, he only liked them both being champ when it was actually him as champ not the other way round so he turns on Jericho for being a dick and wanting for vs him.

Mahonay

Banned
If they're just going with an old guy why not give Jericho the rub? At least he hasn't won it before.

Even if stupid Vince HAS to have face vs heel it can work.

Have him vs Owens at WM and going on about how he honestly feels like it's amazing that 2 friends get to wrestle then at the end of the night regardless of who wins they're still both champion!!!

But Owens is shifty eye not feeling the same way, he only liked them both being champ when it was actually him as champ not the other way round so he turns on Jericho for being a dick and wanting for vs him.
I wanted Jericho to win so badly when the choices were dwindled down.

Zach

Achievements and belts and foolish wrasslin' nonsense do not matter in sports-entertainment. We're telling stories. Really bad stories.

I think the problem is that they did this with Cena. For ages he was massively booed and it all culminated at the ECW one night stand against RVD. Cena was generating massive heel heat around that time. Hell even Edge was started to get cheered over Cena.

Then all of a sudden he started getting cheered (still boos) but mostly he was 'over'

I have a theory that Vince is pushing Roman because he thinks he'll follow the Cena route and simply get 'over' with enough pushing.

shanafan

Didn't AJ say he wanted to face Orton in an interview last year?

Maybe AJ reclaims the belt at EC, and faces Orton at 'Mania.

Top Bottom