• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Forkball

What did the thread think of how Taker looked? I really think he can't pull the whole thing off anymore. That gut, the hair, the wrinkles, everything. Overcooked.
He had more makeup on than a kabuki actor and a gut that looked post-July 4th barbecue. There's still time before Mania, but I wonder every year if it will be his last.

C3av2JPWIAEJG8i.jpg:large

Hex

Banned
Copied from the Rumble thread.
Can not remember when I have been less interested in WWE especially during a road to Mania.
So with Reigns...they are going to build Reigns v Taker? But what about Strowman? Is that going to be blown right off?
Orton v Cena round.....errr.....33? Orton v AJ would have been 100 times the better match.
The way they totally clowned AJ this past two weeks is just amazing.
The Rumble poster, that promo by Cena on Smackdown, having the champion come to the ring first...then he has to carry Cena to a good if not great match only to be tucked away into something else for mania which will probably be something with Miz and maybe Dean.
Tye was awesome to see, but so many others were just wasted and dumb.
I am probably one of the only ones glad to see Corbin get some rub by taking Strowman out of the ring.
And we know we have Show vs Shaquille O'Niell to look forward to...

"Thanks to Braun Strowman's destructive invasion, WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens proved his doubters wrong by walking out of WWE Royal Rumble with WWE Raw's top prize!"

Fuckin'...

Syder

What did the thread think of how Taker looked? I really think he can't pull the whole thing off anymore. That gut, the hair, the wrinkles, everything. Overcooked.
Undertaker has never been in worse shape and less convincing as a threat in his entire career. The way he took Goldberg's spear and 'threw' guys out of the ring he just looked like a sad Make-A-Wish Grandpa. He can't bump and has no strength.

I have to believe the decision to stick with the balding mullet is Vince's because he's worried the casuals won't recognise him because his Mania 30 look was fucking great. It was the last time he looked threatening.

Let Reigns destroy him in 30 seconds.

klonere

Banned
Undertaker has never been in worse shape and less convincing as a threat in his entire career. The way he took Goldberg's spear and 'threw' guys out of the ring he just looked like a sad Make-A-Wish Grandpa. He can't bump and has no strength.

I have to believe the decision to stick with the balding mullet is Vince's because he's worried the casuals won't recognise him because his Mania 30 look was fucking great. It was the last time he looked threatening.

Let Reigns destroy him in 30 seconds.

I'm down for the Reigns squash at WM. Only way anybody comes out looking good from the whole affair.

Jut finished the Rumble match and I can almost guarantee the this is bullshit chants were slightly muted. I literally felt like an actual riot was about to start.

Jut finished the Rumble match and I can almost guarantee the this is bullshit chants were slightly muted. I literally felt like an actual riot was about to start.

I wonder if a riot will actually happen if Reigns retires Undertaker.

I honestly think it would be a pretty scary situation.

joker3782

Neo Member
Am I the only one that didn't like Takers Mania 30's look? I thought it made him look super old and decrepit. It was weird going from that to next years Mania in which I thought he looked better. But maybe thats just me. I can't go back to Mania 30 because I still think that the streak should never have been broken. And the fact that fucking Roman may beat him at this years Mania and retire him makes me even sicker.

F**k this company.

So sick of repeat wins, give someone else the rub.

What the f**k does an Orton win achieve????

Guys like AJ bust his ass (literally) putting on top matches every week and yet the main spots and accolades are just given to Vince's pet projects. And when he runs out of those he just repeats shit and gives them another win!

Pathetic.

That AJ and Cena match should have been the main event of WM. I don't even care if it's the same stupid outcome - they both could have got up afterwards and shook hands/embraced out of now mutual respect and the crowd would have cheered.

We've now wasted another possibly epic long-term Cena rivalry (like Punk should have been) WM spot because of Vince's ineptness.

Aggggggh.

Jamie OD

As much as I would love to see Kenny wrestle at Rev Pro I'm saving up for the Progress tournament during May bank holiday weekend.

ShadyK54

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. Does it really sound muted? Haven't rewatched it yet, but I was sitting in 204 and couldn't tell how loud the chants were over the mix of boo's & women/children near me cheering Roman on.

Caderfix

The biggest take away from yesterday's Rumble match is that Corbin should use the Clothesline From Hell as a secondary finisher.

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. Does it really sound muted? Haven't rewatched it yet, but I was sitting in 204 and couldn't tell how loud the chants were over the mix of boo's & women/children near me cheering Roman on.

I was at 103, and holy shit yes it was, at least from where I was sitting. It's noticeable faded. Everyone around me including myself just went berserk the moment Reigns went in and when he eliminated Taker in a way I've never seen in a wrestling show before.

Zach

Hit us with a Fave Five.

Syder

Am I the only one that didn't like Takers Mania 30's look? I thought it made him look super old and decrepit. It was weird going from that to next years Mania in which I thought he looked better. But maybe thats just me.
He looked like an Undead MMA fighter crossed with a Warlock at WrestleManias 27-30 and I thought he looked awesome.
The shaven mohawk looks 100 times better than the mullet he's been sporting since last year. His hairline is too receded to pull it off any more.
Getting in actual shape would help a lot too.

Fox318

My 7 year old daughter's biggest takeaway was that Roman Reigns is awesome.

This was her first PPV and she took to the Big Dawg immediately.
You need to teach her the beauty of catch as catch can holds.

Show her some toe holds or a crossface to neck crank chicken wing.

Nothing excites the youngins like a good neck crank.

imBask

Banned
Undertaker's only job was to be in shape for the Rumble. How do you manage to show up with a beer gut, just how

Caderfix

Reigns doesn't need to be carried. He is a competent wrestler, sure, having a great opponent like AJ does wonders for everyone, but, still, he is capable of having good matches and I'd say that out of the current roster, he's one of the few who can work a good match with Taker, even though I really don't want him to retire Taker and think he's push shouldn't be anywhere as big as it is. No one's should.

ShadyK54

I was at 103, and holy shit yes it was, at least from where I was sitting. It's noticeable faded. Everyone around me including myself just went berserk the moment Reigns went in and when he eliminated Taker in a way I've never seen in a wrestling show before.

Going to have to give this a rewatch immediately then. Pretty sure my voice broke when Taker hit the floor.

Hit us with a Fave Five.

AJ Styles
Austin
Eddie Guerrero
HBK
Kurt Angle

I'm fairly simple. No shame, I guess.

klonere

Banned
Reigns is a fucking great wrestler. Great power moves, bumps like a champ, moves around the ring butter smooth.

He's just been utterly demolished by booking. The talent is absolutely there it's just been completely buried in a mountain of shit.

That elimination was probably the biggest cheer Corbin has even received, he must of felt good!

I kept shouting MAVEN BAH GAWD THIS KID DONE IT to my wife when Reigns eliminated Undertaker, she had no idea what I was on about.

In my defense it was during their 40min HEY GUYS DO YOU GET IT THEY ARE GONNA WRESTLE EACH OTHER AT WM HERE LET US GET THE SIGN IN THE SHOT TOO NOW JUST IN CASE YOU AREN'T SURE WHAT THIS MEANS YET staredown so she didn't miss anything important.

GunBR

Reigns is a fucking great wrestler. Great power moves, bumps like a champ, moves around the ring butter smooth.

He's just been utterly demolished by booking. The talent is absolutely there it's just been completely buried in a mountain of shit.
The US belt was the perfect chance for him

They could have make him a powerful face (instead of the underdog), beating up a bunch of heels, and let him focus on that belt until Summerslam

But nope, they can't let Roman out of the main event picture for more than 2 months

Top Bottom