• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Maybe it was because I rewatched the 2015 RR recent, but I thought tonight was not to bad. However, having Smackdown brand wrestlers eliminate just 2 people in either the Rumble is more annoying than anything else. The brand is still treated so terribly :/

broz0rs

the latest UUDD with AJ vs. Swagger in Madden is just hilarious. Not saying he's won or lost, but AJ is a salty ass gamer.

Browny

Banned
No real surprises from the Rumble then... pleased that Owens is still champ, Strowman and Corbin both looked good and strong - bodes well for a couple of years down the road - and fuck Roman. Lol at Brock, and my God Taker, you should have hung it up years ago.

As for Orton and Cena, I kinda hope they have a segment at some point where they actually take the piss out of their rivalry.

"Have we ever had a match up before?"

*Orton pulls out a Jericho-length list*

"Well how about a stipulation to freshen it up a little?"

"...I think we've gone through them all."

"Have we ever done anything on a pole?"

And so on...

miserable

16122691_247940825650497_438162685113139200_n.jpg

keep collecting them paychecks Ric. your record means nothing now

Class act by the champ, for those uninformed these are about the shooting at a Mosque in Quebec City that happened just a day after president Trudeau said he'd accept all of the immigrants detained by the US

This guy is an example of what every public figure should be.

Hate to turn this political but if I may, anyone who thinks this isn't the work of agents of the USA needs their head checked.

You know a work when you see one.

Forkball

This is the first time Cena won a world title in over two years. So if you think about it, world champ Cena is a fresh angle. Right? Right?

Pikma

Banned
Hate to turn this political but if I may, anyone who thinks this isn't the work of agents of the USA needs their head checked.

You know a work when you see one.
This is so cringeworthy, but whatever you say or helps you feel smarter, I will not talk about this in here anymore

Edit: And you know what who the fuck cares about what you or I think, my post was about a fucking tragedy, not about politics.

2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery Entrants:
4. Serpentine- Mojo Rawley.
lmao

Had fun watching the rumble with friends, but it wasn't a great match. It's like they forget that most of the fun comes from running storylines and surprises in any form, of which there were few of either. Luke turning on Bray was so dope, though. And Goldberg repeatedly owning Brock is incredible. I hope Brock never gets his win back.

and fucking looool at the entrance ramp. It was so long!! Fun seeing every non-hoss wrestler realizing they had to run down the whole thing

First half of the Rumble was fun. Braun & Dillinger were great. A lot of flat moments during the second half sadly. Love a good tag team dissension tease though!

I want Reigns to beat Taker at Mania so badly.

The nuclear heat from the crowd would be glorious.

And if Reigns loses in what will guaranteed be a shit match because Taker doesn't have it anymore then great, I mean consider Taker hasn't done shit for anyone since the Lesnar job so won or lose putting Reigns in that spot spares someone from having to do it.

Honestly Taker is a legend and yadiyada but right now? Fuck him in 2017.

Mother

fucking

political

hit

HHH be working boys.

Ha ha ha. I mentioned this in the last thread. Even though I don't believe it, the booking of Reigns being designed to sabotage him is blatantly the only consistent explanation for how his push is booked.

It's almost definitely the explanation god does it make sense.

Lol, didnt know there was a new OT so I'll just crosspost
Wrasslegaf, I just got home from the Rumble (I'll upload pics and vids later) and being live definitely gives a special feel to an even lackluster PPV, not saying this was, I still gotta catch it on the Network, but man, experiencing this live was awesome.

I'm curious as to how it felt from the broadcast? You guys can't even fathom the explosion of hate that erupted when the #30 hit and fucking Roman Reigns of all people was coming out. Holy shit.

It is almost impossible for live wrestling to not be a fun time...

Rumble was tedious from after Braun to Lesnar on the broadcast, I honestly think the long ramp didn't help any.

The hate for Roman came off strong, your very awesome this is bullshit chant rang clear.

I'm watching it now, and so far the Owens vs Roman is as good as it was live.

I want Reigns to beat Taker at Mania so badly.

The nuclear heat from the crowd would be glorious.

And if Reigns loses in what will guaranteed be a shit match because Taker doesn't have it anymore then great, I mean consider Taker hasn't done shit for anyone since the Lesnar job so won or lose putting Reigns in that spot spares someone from having to do it.

Honestly Taker is a legend and yadiyada but right now? Fuck him in 2017.
Good to have you on board, Uce

You know whats worse...

Roman beating taker

Wrestlemania 34 roman with win over taker n retiring him vs the man who conquered the streak lesnar with roman getting his win over him

You just know this is how its playing out

Menome

Caught up with the Styles/Cena match and Rumble after having to hit the sack last night. As someone who's only been exposed to modern Cena, I'm perfectly fine with seeing him get to No.16

And whilst I absolutely respect Flair, I don't put him on a pedestal that says his record shouldn't be broken. That's what records are there for.

As for the actual Rumble: I thought Strowman was booked near-perfectly. Jericho was the unsung hero. Ellsworth did exactly what he needed to.

And fuck Roman Reigns/Vince.

The friend whose house i go to for wrestling viewing parties is a huge Taker mark, so I really wanna see Reigns beat him at Mania for that reason alone

also Dean and Dolph getting dumped like trash by Brock was sooooo good. I actually felt like there were less jobbers than usual but OT seems to think otherwise. State of your roster, I guess.

Good to have you on board, Uce

I mean you're talking to someone who remembers Brock vs Goldberg at XX fondly because MSG just rightfully shat on it and both guys went out of their way to wrestle the worst match possible and the damn thing ended up being pure comedy.

Nothing is going to change how Roman is booked. So I'm just going to enjoy it for the comedic car wreck that it is. It helps honestly that he's a solid worker so the matches aren't bad either.

And seriously Taker has been utter garbage in ring and on the mic post Lesnar. But he's super over so if Reigns goes over it's going to be shit on even worse than Brock/Goldberg at XX and that is going to be some primo and dare I say epico comedic entertainment...

Browny

Banned
I just noticed I got Ellsworth in the Avatar Number Lottery. Welp.

Also lol at the reactions in the Rumble thread when Roman came out.

No way Reigns's booking is intentional sabotage. WWE's too out of touch to torpedo someone so effectively and thoroughly. We saw how they sabotage talent with how they booked Ryder in 2012 or Bryan at the end of 2013, and it looks nothing like what they're doing with Reigns. They legit think what they're doing will get him over.

klonere

Banned
Y'all can be mad but

52k people. And tickets weren't cheap. Stay worked, marks.

i worked myself into a shoot about Balor being in the Rumble

Ended up missing the rumble but I guess that was for the best.

Biggest disappointment is there was no real surprise entrant or anyone debuting that could "shake things up" in the coming year. Safe NXT call ups that will be jobbers and no returning veterans.

The winner sucked but the winner always sucks.

No way Reigns's booking is intentional sabotage. WWE's too out of touch to torpedo someone so effectively and thoroughly. We saw how they sabotage talent with how they booked Ryder in 2012 or Bryan at the end of 2013, and it looks nothing like what they're doing with Reigns. They legit think what they're doing will get him over.

Nah they sent out Reigns at number 30 to make Orton winning more palatable... they knew he wasn't getting over through that.

klonere

Banned
What did the thread think of how Taker looked? I really think he can't pull the whole thing off anymore. That gut, the hair, the wrinkles, everything. Overcooked.

I'm still marking out watching the Cena vs AJ. Say what you want about Cena winning but he just makes every fucking match feel like a BOMB, and the fact that he had to spam his finisher more than usual is a testament to how well rated AJ is.

You seriously guys expect Vince to throw Styles to the midcard after the year he had in 2016 and how over he is? You're out of your goddamn mind.

I'm still marking out watching the Cena vs AJ. Say what you want about Cena winning but he just makes every fucking match feel like a BOMB, and the fact that he had to spam his finisher more than usual is a testament to how well rated AJ is.

You seriously guys expect Vince to throw Styles to the midcard after the year he had in 2016 and how over he is? You're out of your goddamn mind.

Meh Cena spam kicked out or basically no sold (as he did with the second Styles Clash) all of AJ's stuff too.

They should have had it so that AJ never connected with either the PF or the Styles Clash. Essentially that Cena got lucky that AJ didn't hit his impact move.

He's penciled to fight fucking Shane McMahon at Mania dude...

Goldberg vs Lesnar (in 2017)
Beeg Shoe vs Shaq
Undertaker vs Da Big Dawg
Randy "All Lives Matter" Orton vs Bray "My Heat Died 3 Years Ago" Wyatt
AJ Styles vs A Guy That Doesn't Even Wrestle
Two Canadians Fighting For The U.S. Title
Seth Rollins vs HHH in a match guaranteed to have nothing but crickets
Nikki Bella vs Mickie James
The Same 4 Fucking Women You've Seen Fighting Each Other For A Year
ARMBAR
Multi-man Clusterfuck for the IC Title

It's like Vince heard all of us say that nothing could be worse than WM32 and decided to take us up on that offer.

Jesus christ, I might not even bother this year

WWE really testing my patience on the whole keeping the network thing. I mean I want to watch NXT, and probably whatever the UK thing is, and maybe even 205, but c'mon. Also fuck trump

Meh Cena spam kicked out or basically no sold (as he did with the second Styles Clash) all of AJ's stuff too.

They should have had it so that AJ never connected with either the PF or the Styles Clash. Essentially that Cena got lucky that AJ didn't hit his impact move.

He's penciled to fight fucking Shane McMahon at Mania dude...

Cena did like 4 AA's (two in a row) and another one from the ropes, had him on the STF for a long time, AJ barely connected half of those finishers throughout the match. Point is, by WWE standards, I don't remember (at least on the spot) another match in which Cena needed so many finishers to get a pin.

Also, I really don't think, at least hope, Shane's competing at Mania, this match has to shake things up, because holy shit what a waste that'll be.

Nah they sent out Reigns at number 30 to make Orton winning more palatable... they knew he wasn't getting over through that.

I think you underestimate just how out of touch WWE creative is. They probably booked that with the expectation that Roman coming in after his unjust defeat earlier in the night would be a huge shock and mark out moment, with him cleaning house like the all-conquering hero, even managing to go toe-to-toe with legends like Taker and come out on top, and that dastardly heel Randy Orton beating Reigns was suppose to be the bad ending that would have us all booing and hissing such an evil character triumphing over such a beefy badass.

Top Bottom