• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

I gotta hand it to them though, that was a pretty good con WWE pulled on everyone

Give the belts to indy guys to make you think they really cared

Then give Mania to Reigns and Orton anyway because Orton's only been away from the main event scene in the PPV for over 2 years, he's due, and Reigns needs to retire Taker because he's not strong enough yet, he's due

Tall4Life

I gotta hand it to them though, that was a pretty good con WWE pulled on everyone

Then give Mania to Reigns and Orton anyway because Orton's only been away from the main event scene in the PPV for over 2 years, he's due, and Reigns needs to retire Taker because he's not strong enough yet, he's due
i mean owens is still champ for now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

they do that every year tho, everybody was already expecting it.

So how longer CM Punk oops I mean KO is going to be champ?

until Fastlane

GunBR

If Haitch v Seth ends with a Phoenix Splash, Rollins having a REAL face turn and never using the fucking Pedigree ever again then I'm totally fine with this match happening.
It's funny how the only difference between face Seth and heel Seth is that he don't say anymore that the crowd and the [Local Sports Team] sucks

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
i mean owens is still champ for now
There's no way he ends up at Mania with that title. I honestly think the only reason he kept it was so that Roman could enter the Rumble match.

Syder

Kevin Steen and Bill Goldberg fighting on a B-tier WWE PPV called 'FastLane' over the right to defend a big red Fruit Roll-Up at WrasslinMania is something I never thought I'd see.

giphy.gif

There's no way he ends up at Mania with that title.

Even if he does, there's no way that's anywhere near a main event with Owens defending

Go ahead, call it one. The WWE will. That thing's going after the IC title multiman clusterfuck, if it isn't curtain-jerking before it. The Universal championship will be decided before the ARMBAR trophy

Goldberg will probably defend it against Brock, which barf, but at least that will be a main event and near the main event

So in a 2-0 situation, hell even a 1- 0 situation, they typically have the "0" guy finally have a light bulb light up in middle of a match and not fall for the same tactics that they fell victim too in matches 1 (and 2).

With that said, I would die if they depict Brock to be dumb as a sack of rocks and fall for the same spear 5 seconds into the match a third time.

and lose.

Heyman: "Goddamn it Brock...what did I tell you!"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
AJ v Cena ending was pretty good in hindsight, the match itself was basically a copy of their Summerslam match, but this time Cena learned and caught AJ when he was doing the second forearm (the one that finished it at summerslam) and gave him the AA, and then another AA just in case because AJ is THAT good, he wanted to make sure he was dead.

It really should have been at Wrestlemania as the end of the feud. Shame.

In terms of what Dave said I don't think that was one of the best WWE PPVs I've ever seen. For the cost of nothing it wasn't even "best I've seen for nothing". Unfortunately it was the best Rumble I've seen in 5 years.

Seriously, I remember when I first started watching how hype I always was for the Rumble match. Now I've spent 5 years laughing at the ending because it was always either shoddily handled or the worst outcome imaginable

Like this is the one match it should be difficult to fuck up. Have surprises, and have someone fans won't boo undeservedly (i.e. heels are fine, boring people or faces you fuck up aren't). Easy! You'd think!

Nekofrog

Banned
From what I've seen thus far, and let's be real Neville & Swann fucking stank up the Alamodome tonight, 205 LIVE aka even more WWE-branded wrestling is just not worth the time investment to me. I hope new additions and more time to figure storylines out improve the show and I can come back in 6 months and enjoy it but I would not be shocked if Cruiserweights were defunct in 12 months time.

you know since i've completely dropped raw from my viewing i could give 205 live a shot

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
AJ v Cena ending was pretty good in hindsight, the match itself was basically a copy of their Summerslam match, but this time Cena learned and caught AJ when he was doing the second forearm (the one that finished it at summerslam) and gave him the AA, and then another AA just in case because AJ is THAT good, he wanted to make sure he was dead.

It really should have been at Wrestlemania as the end of the feud. Shame.

Hmm, Cena winning the Rumble and heading into Wresltemania to prove he's not a has been and tie Flair's fake record would have been a good story going into Mania.

Certainly a lot better than his 2013 Rumble win.

WWE twitter account is actually teasing a Cena/Orton WM main event....LOL....tone deaf isn't even close...

Nah, they're teasing that, but they'll change it to something else by the time Mania comes to get people excited.

I think?

Ok man. Nqow ik morw drunk and ive had morw the mr to their nk about itt. Ehat the fuck was that sbit. What the fuck. Aj loses aftert alal theel shit talk, randy winsd yhe rumble. What the fuck iw that shit. Fuck that. 0,statd. Fuck meltz. Fuxking bitcj.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If they're doing Orton/Bray for the title then KO/Jericho can easily be for the Universal title.

I'm a mark for life.
You mean because it would mean about 10 times more for that match since and you don't need the title to push a Roman/Taker match or a Goldberg match? Too bad. It's gonna be for the US title.

WWE twitter account is actually teasing a Cena/Orton WM main event....LOL....tone deaf isn't even close...
The first sentence of the article explains about the Elimination Chamber stipulation though.

Ok man. Nqow ik morw drunk and ive had morw the mr to their nk about itt. Ehat the fuck was that sbit. What the fuck. Aj loses aftert alal theel shit talk, randy winsd yhe rumble. What the fuck iw that shit. Fuck that. 0,statd. Fuck meltz. Fuxking bitcj.
Incredible

Are you even old enough to drink?

Still strange they took the title off AJ to give Cena a two week transitional reign.

I mean I knew they would do it because Vince would literally die before he'd have Cena do two straight clean jobs to a top heel, but it's still weird in the context of the situation.

GunBR

Kevin Steen and Bill Goldberg fighting on a B-tier WWE PPV called 'FastLane' over the right to defend a big red Fruit Roll-Up at WrasslinMania is something I never thought I'd see.

giphy.gif
There's some rumor about this that I didn't saw?

And with AJ vs Cena and Owens vs Roman (with Jericho at the background) fighting for the belts at the Rumble, would be crazy if any of them end up main eventing or even co-main eventing the Mania

Angry Grimace

And with AJ vs Cena and Owens vs Roman (with Jericho at the background) fighting for the belts at the Rumble, would be crazy if any of them end up main eventing or even co-main eventing the Mania
Goldberg is supposed to be at Fastlane. Brock isn't. Unless he's fighting Undertaker the safe assumption is that he's squashing Owens.

Goldberg has been booked for Fastlane for a while. And Meltzer mentioned this morning that he'd be in a Universal title match on that show.

And there is zero chance in hell that Owens is getting a pin on Goldberg no matter the scenario. As for Brock costing him the match, Brock is not currently booked for that show, but I guess it's possible.

Goldberg has been booked for Fastlane for a while. And Meltzer mentioned this morning that he'd be in a Universal title match on that show.

And there is zero chance in hell that Owens is getting a pin on Goldberg no matter the scenario. As for Brock costing him the match, Brock is not currently booked for that show, but I guess it's possible.

At best, Brock just runs in and kills Goldberg, causing a DQ.

GunBR

Thanks for the answers
It makes sense Brock showing up to screw Goldberg so they have a reason to fight again at Mania after Lesnar got destroyed twice on a row, and this match doesn't need the belt to be a huge draw

Thanks for the answers
It makes sense Brock showing up to screw Goldberg so they have a reason to fight again at Mania after Lesnar got destroyed twice on a row, and this match doesn't need the belt to be a huge draw

I honestly think that's not what's going to happen. I think more likely is that Goldberg wins the title and then Brock destroys him afterwards. I just don't see Owens going into WM with that belt. Especially considering Jericho already has the US Title for those two to feud over.

Pikma

Banned
Just turned face in my eyes, don't care what anyone else says, I'll always cheer for you now

Pikma

Banned
You'd think these fuckers would stop just one minute to think what guys like Goldberg and Lesnar had in the past that makes them feel more threatening than any of their current guys, like, you don't need to be very smart to figure it out, and no it was not 50/50 booking and no it was not using your top babyface as someone to piss off the fans and retire wrestling icons either

You'd think these fuckers would stop just one minute to think what guys like Goldberg and Lesnar had in the past that makes them feel more threatening than any of their current guys, like, you don't need to be very smart to figure it out, and no it was not 50/50 booking and no it was not using your top babyface as someone to piss off the fans and retire wrestling icons either

You know who's getting over right now?

Strowman.

It's not hard to figure out why.

You'd think they would stick to their smaller forums if they think everyone who is critical of WWE are constantly wrong.

For future reference,

"if they want to make Roman Reigns a top guy, they should do x, y, and z" is a perfectly reasonable criticism. Even if that includes things I disagree with, like turning him heel.

"Roman Reigns ruined the Rumble, he should be fired as he's terrible in the ring, can barely finish a promo, and isn't over" is just pointless whining.

I've got plenty of criticism of WWE booking. It just doesn't line up with the idea that everything would actually improve if Roman disappeared. Since that seems to be the #1 issue people seem to have in live threads, I have to speak up for the defense.

Pikma

Banned
Class act by the champ, for those uninformed these are about the shooting at a Mosque in Quebec City that happened just a day after president Trudeau said he'd accept all of the immigrants detained by the US

@FightOwensFight

Je viens tout juste d'apprendre ce qui s'est passé à Sainte-Foy. Je suis absolument dégouté. Je ne sais vraiment pas quoi dire de plus.

Mes pensées sont avec les familles des victimes et avec le Québec au complet. J'ai le coeur vide en ce moment. Prenons soin l'un de l'autre.

L'ignorance et l'intolérance n'ont pas leur place chez nous. Nous sommes au-dessus de ça et nous DEVONS le rester. Parlez à vos enfants.

This guy is an example of what every public figure should be.

Top Bottom