• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

MG310

I'd love to see a wide shot of whatever Charlotte was doing while Bayley was waiting to do that elbow drop the first time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meltzer is totally right. It was a great card from top to bottom.

4 hours just flew by. No major botches. Crowd loved almost every minute. The backstage skits were good. The rumble facts were good. The announcing was well above average. King wasn't even annoying! The pacing was great, no matches felt too long or too short. The rumble itself moved along in phases and the crowd (and the big ass long ramp) made it feel special. The Big Dog coming out at 30 and getting kind of an interesting reaction from both the crowd and the announce team. The finish was really good and the winner would have been a surprise if you hadn't been reading the dirt sheetz last night.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Meltz says Kenny wants to have matches with Tanahashi, Ibushi and Ishii this year.

Omega vs Ishii fam :eek:

joker3782

Neo Member
Oh man what sucks about this rumble event is that the last 10-15 minutes ruined what was a great show. Bayley Charlotte was decent. I thought Owens Roman was a good match with some good spots, questionable ending aside. Cruiserweight match had some good spots but was laregly forgettable outside of Neville winning the belt (this probably being the worst match of the night). Cena AJ was a fantastic match. Early contender for match of the year (although I think Okada Omega was better). Those two put on one hell of match to the point that I wasn't mad that Cena won clean. It makes me mad that didn't main event mania. Then the rumble happened. I thought the rumble match was enjoyable up until Roman came out. Its like all the good vibes left the room and just bullshit ensued. Randy didn't need another Rumble win. If the plan is Bray vs Orton then the title isn't needed. If thats not the plan then please don't give us Orton Cena. If the whole thing about Vince (or someone) saying that they need to try and match Okada Omega for mania is true, then I can actually see Vince think that Cena Orton is going to be a match for Okada Omega. And that is just sad. Man WWE could have made this Rumble something to remember but they WWE'd it and had Roman ruin everything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I fell asleep during Owens and Roman. Woke up to Neville applying a headlock.

Why a re they so bad at cruserweights

Why do all the cruiserweights have submissions as finishers, even Neville now lol

Bronx-Man

Banned
Meltz says Kenny wants to have matches with Tanahashi, Ibushi and Ishii this year.

Omega vs Ishii fam :eek:
736.gif

One thing I will say about the rumble finish, it was a nice bit of continuity that Reigns took another L from Orton and Bray.

Those odds cannot be overcome!

Rhaknar

Spear into RKO spot was neat.

Orton is cool, leave him alone :(

A bunch of the WCW top flight cruisers had their primary finisher as a submission. Jericho, Dean Malenko, Ultimo Dragon.

I know that, im old as shit. That doesnt change the fact thats not what the current cruiserweight division needs to be.

Brock/Dadberg gotta be best buds or Vince paying Brock serious cash to job.

I'm re watching his UFC fight and he took a beating and got out of the round

Kaladin

I'm actually curious as to where they will take Orton vs Wyatt. Has Orton been playing the long con and dividing from within? I'm actually intrigued.

They needed Orton to win the Rumble to launch this story if Wyatt is going over in the E C. They can use storyline to get to Jericho vs Owens.

I know that, im old as shit. That doesnt change the fact thats not what the current cruiserweight division needs to be.

Eh, they can't be just flippy dudes either with Owens, Rollins, et al doing crazy shit in matches with them being bigger than the cruiserweights.

It's almost like the Cruiserweight Division was a bad idea in totality.

Pikma

Banned
I wouldn't call it awful, to me it just meh, which in some ways is worse
I bet any random road to multi man match Juice Robinson has participated in during his current NJPW run is better than all of the matches you watched tonight, right?

Right?

Syder

Funny thing is, Rollins would actually qualify to be a Cruiserweight by the old standards.

As good as the CWC was, I just despise the idea of splitting up certain talents from the Main Event scene because they're a bit short/have less muscle mass, especially when guys like Jericho, Finn Balor and Rey Mysterio have been Main Event Champions, and thus, I will never ever be into 205 LIVE.
Also, I only have so much time.

Funny thing is, Rollins would actually qualify to be a Cruiserweight by the old standards.

As good as the CWC was, I just despise the idea of splitting up certain talents from the Main Event scene because they're a bit short/have less muscle mass, especially when guys like Jericho, Finn Balor and Rey Mysterio have been Main Event Champions, and thus, I will never ever be into 205 LIVE.
Also, I only have so much time.

I mean, the actual problem if we're being honest is folks like Rollins, Bryan, Punk, etc are the absolute smallest you can be and look anything close to credible against more typical WWE guys.

OTOH, Jack Gallagher may be a wonderful human being, a great worker, and a cool gimmick. But, anybody beyond the 'core' audience will never buy him against even somebody like Luke Harper or Big E to name two random 'bigger' guys.

Top Bottom