• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Fox318

Taker looks terrible, at this point, worse than at any other point in his career. What the hell was wrong with his WM30 look? He actually looked like a match for Lesnar.
He actually got in shape for the Lesnar feud post 30.

He should have retired at 32.

Or he should have full Goldberg and did a full year of rehab and training.

Taker looks terrible, at this point, worse than at any other point in his career. What the hell was wrong with his WM30 look? He actually looked like a match for Lesnar.

He took goldbergs spear pretty bad. But he was having good matches against brock over a year ago but again that was over a year ago.

Syder

If Roman beats Undertaker, his career is damaged goods forever. He will get booed for as long as he's in WWE.
I feel like if this really is the Mania program this is the last chance to turn Roman heel.

Surely Vince knows people won't boo Taker.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He took goldbergs spear pretty bad. But he was having good matches against brock over a year ago but again that was over a year ago.

he looked AWFUL, his gut was like Big Show's last year

Zach

Reigns should retire The Undertaker as a heel. It's the only way it works out well. Face Reigns can totally happen down the road.

watching some early 90s WCW.

Sid Vicious really had it all. Dood was born to be a wrestler.

I saw him in person in Dubai in '95. I'll never forget my thought as soon as he walked out for a match: " He's a Greek God." Seeing him in person was absolutely surreal and as a kid, he was my absolute favorite during that era when he, Taker, Michaels and Bret went at it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
which one of you is on the phone on LAW right now?

does anyone have a gif of goldberg kicking jericho straight in the chest pretty funny.

More people should use it looks cool and simple.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Which brand will get Dillinger? I'd rather see him on Smackdown on this point since the Cruiserweights are still fighting for time on Raw.

It's especially jarring when Goldberg looks insanely out there. I wonder if Taker has tried out DDP yoga.

ReiGun

Which brand will get Dillinger? I'd rather see him on Smackdown on this point since the Cruiserweights are still fighting for time on Raw.

Not that twitter means anything, but he and Miz had a back and forth on there a while ago.

I would love to see that feud. Miz is a perfect first feud for Dillinger.

Speaking of, I hope they realize Tye has to come out at 10 every year now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Blue has been going down the path to the darkside for months now. Must have been after some RAW boys shaved his mustache. Now he is wearing a black doo rag and clocking people with chairs.

GunBR

I only watched the Rumble now, and I'm really confused about what's the WWE plan with Roman
I understand that the idea of his match against Taker is make Roman look strong (again) and maybe make Taker raise his hand at the end to try to make him go over (spoiler:it's not gonna work). But make him number 30? WTF?
Everyone was expecting Joe or maybe the return of Balor or other type of surprise, then Roman show up. They obviously know that people would hate Roman even more because of that.
One thing is trying to push him to the moon, other thing is make him being booed on purpose. If this was the start of his heel turn, it's perfect, but I doubt that

Besides this little rant, I really liked the event. I still don't know if I want to see Orton vs
Bray
for the WWE title and Taker vs Reigns gonna be a shit show, but at least I don't know what they gonna make with the Universal and US title, and both Universal and WWE title matches were great

If Roman loses to Taker anyway, dudes a certified fuccboi 4 lyfe. It'll probably happen and if it does and he wins the title soon after and wonder why HE ISN'T OVER?!?! Then they are truly shortbus levels of fucked.

Roman needs that win. Badly.

He'll win

The problem is 1) it'll be him retiring Taker and 2) it'll thus be Taker's last match, aka them blowing a chance at ever doing Taker/Cena

So they're actually fucking up a lot here really bad despite having the ultimately good final result of Taker putting someone over on his way out. Which is really the tale of tonight in general: they're so good at doing everything but sticking the landing, and they always always fuck up the landing

Does it really matter? Once people are over chanting "10" and with how Vince likes driving shit that catches on into the ground that'll be a matter of weeks, Tye is done for.

That said, at least with Smackdown he'll be away from the incompetence of Raw's creative.

Caspel

Not that twitter means anything, but he and Miz had a back and forth on there a while ago.

I would love to see that feud. Miz is a perfect first feud for Dillinger.

Speaking of, I hope they realize Tye has to come out at 10 every year now.

Dillinger up against: The Miz, Ziggler, Corbin, and Slater. All could make for entertaining feuds. Don't think he will be elevated to Ambrose or Styles level and would hate to see him wasted on Crews, Ellsworth, Wyatts, or Mojo.

Just a quick reminder that Cena won number 16 and no one is talking about it.

What a waste.
That was utterly baffling. I don't think the commentary team mentioned Ric Flair even once after his win. I wonder if Vince just decided that because 16 isn't record breaking, it's ultimately not that big of a deal.

MG310

Smackdown so Kallisto doesn't have to be the one getting murdered with chairs every week.

I feel like him and Sami would eat into each other's time on Raw and Vince would favor the more aesthetically pleasing Canadian goober underdog.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I even liked the last few Orton/Cena matches and don't want to see it again...but I also like John Cena to be champion.

EC match is going to be hot fire though.

Rhaknar

Meltz says Rumble was one of the best PPVs ever

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Caspel

Erick Rowan, Shelton, and The Usos should be returning in the near future. Smackdown roster is need of talent to mix up the ongoing feuds since Vaudevillains, Ascension, Curt Hawkins, Jack Swagger, and Breezango are all glorified jobbers and Heath Slater and Rhyno are one step away from being in the jobber crew again.

Two likely ****+ matches from him (Cena/Styles and Owens/Reigns), a good Women's title match, and whatever decent matches there were on the undercard. The Rumble was actually decent, as opposed to other years.

I mean, if you don't have an irrational hatred of Roman or didn't have expectations of Angle, Joe, Nakamura, and Balor all returning/debuting, I can totally see that.

Also, remember, the WWE had basically terrible PPV's in-ring from basically 1984-1999 outside of one or two matches per event, then 2005-2013-ish outside of a match or two. The recent every PPV has multiple great matches on it run is relatively recent.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Because unlike a bunch of the people here and on other places in the internet he wasn't so hung up about some surprise dude they just knew would come in and win and instead watched the matches like I did and enjoyed them tremendously. The wrestling tonight was fantastic all around. The storytelling was also above average almost all night long.

And if you call for next Rumble to have the stipulation of "nobody over 34/35 in the match", Reigns is still there and everyone who drew good crowd reactions (including Tye) is out

ReiGun

Dillinger up against: The Miz, Ziggler, Corbin, and Slater. All could make for entertaining feuds. Don't think he will be elevated to Ambrose or Styles level and would hate to see him wasted on Crews, Ellsworth, Wyatts, or Mojo.
Dillinger's ceiling is definitely mid to upper-mid card, which is fine. I would hate to see him stuck in tag team hell or working Superstars/Main Event.

Also, the bolded made me think it's a shame they couldn't put Slater in the Rumble. Especially when fucking Apollo Crews got in. Dude really showed he had some potential last year. The refusal to use him for anything is a shame.

Because unlike a bunch of the people here and on other places in the internet he wasn't so hung up about some surprise dude they just knew would come in and win and instead watched the matches like I did and enjoyed them tremendously. The wrestling tonight was fantastic all around. The storytelling was also above average almost all night long.
I agree, one suprise contender to win the Rumble would of been nice but that's my only real complaint right now. Depending on where AJ/Cena goes from here, that could be my other.

Top Bottom