• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Goldberg vs Lesnar (in 2017)
Beeg Shoe vs Shaq
Undertaker vs Da Big Dawg
Randy "All Lives Matter" Orton vs Bray "My Heat Died 3 Years Ago" Wyatt
AJ Styles vs A Guy That Doesn't Even Wrestle
Two Canadians Fighting For The U.S. Title
Seth Rollins vs HHH in a match guaranteed to have nothing but crickets
Nikki Bella vs Mickie James
The Same 4 Fucking Women You've Seen Fighting Each Other For A Year
ARMBAR
Multi-man Clusterfuck for the IC Title

It's like Vince heard all of us say that nothing could be worse than WM32 and decided to take us up on that offer.

It's looking that way.

C3Y_s3IVUAA2Atk.jpg

Yoooooooooo

I feel like I don't have a safe place to say I was underwhelmed by AJ/Cena. Was not as good as their Summer Slam match. Zero storytelling. Just lots of spots and finishers. Some guy said it was better than Okada/Omega in the Rumble thread. What do you even say to those people? It makes me more sad than angry that someone can be so tonedeaf to wrestling psychology that they would think they're even in the same stratosphere.

Whatever. Still wasn't a bad match by any stretch. Best of the night by a mile but I'd still put it well below the main event from Takeover.

I mean, I still think Tanahashi/Naito was better than Omega/Okada _and_ AJ/Cena.

Deserves to be reposted

I think the theme of the night was a lack of any story telling in any of the matches what so ever. The women's match wasn't built up in any way, the gimmick in the Universal title match was meaningless and Strongman didn't do anything but make Owen's look like a chump if Roman's going against Taker at mania, the cruiserweight match was a submission out of nowhere, Cena failed to show how he overcame AJ this time round as it was nothing more than than the moves match they had before.

Compare the show to the end of the Women's match last night that some people hated. Cross got took out because she got by the woman she obsessed over, then Asuka hit a flash finish because she had to outmanoeuvre two opponents. It was rushed but at least it made sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Taker's stomach was out of control, he is NOT in PPV shape, much less Wrestlemania shape :/

I feel like I don't have a safe place to say I was underwhelmed by AJ/Cena. Was not as good as their Summer Slam match. Zero storytelling. Just lots of spots and finishers. Some guy said it was better than Okada/Omega in the Rumble thread. What do you even say to those people? It makes me more sad than angry that someone can be so tonedeaf to wrestling psychology that they would think they're even in the same stratosphere.

Whatever. Still wasn't a bad match by any stretch. Best of the night by a mile but I'd still put it well below the main event from Takeover.

Eh, they like what they like and as long as they can defend their opinions, I can run with it. That doesn't mean I don't think they are crazy tho.

Nothing in wrestling this year will make my heart plummet like hearing Roman's theme at 30. Christ.

This was hilarious. The boos came down hard. Not as hard as they did on Rey Mysterio lol..

Think it'd be worth going back and watching the entire thing? I always hear good things.

I say go for it - Punk was money during that run, and I liked how much they leaned into the "Jesus and his Apostles" parts of it (Punk's hair + beard, "Luke" Gallows and "Joseph" Mercury, Serena being all Mary Magdalene)

All in all I found it fun. WWE knows we hate Roman and they wanted to guarantee the pop for Randy winning the Rumble. The WWE already has Roman as a heel though. He is a heel through booking. He (partially) acts like a face but he the WWE just actively used him to antagonize the crowd.

There's so much weirdness that's coming out of this PPV now. What's on my mind right now is that rumor of Goldberg vs. KO at Fastlane. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Goldberg would hold the belt and then Lesnar would get a title shot after that. I don't think it'd be a good idea for Lesnar to cause Goldberg to get pinned. Maybe a DQ finish from Lesnar interference?

2 trash threads in a row. Good job!
Who the hell are you?

Edit: LAW just said this was first rumble without creative input from Pat Patterson.

slabrock

Banned
I just don't get having Brock level a big chunk of your roster to get tossed out in a couple of minutes by Goldberg.

If Roman loses to Taker anyway, dudes a certified fuccboi 4 lyfe. It'll probably happen and if it does and he wins the title soon after and wonder why HE ISN'T OVER?!?! Then they are truly shortbus levels of fucked.

Roman needs that win. Badly.

Syder

Taker looks terrible, at this point, worse than at any other point in his career. What the hell was wrong with his WM30 look? He actually looked like a match for Lesnar.

There's so much weirdness that's coming out of this PPV now. What's on my mind right now is that rumor of Goldberg vs. KO at Fastlane. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Goldberg would hold the belt and then Lesnar would get a title shot after that. I don't think it'd be a good idea for Lesnar to cause Goldberg to get pinned. Maybe a DQ finish from Lesnar interference?

Who the hell are you?

Edit: LAW just said this was first rumble without creative input from Pat Patterson.
Who in the fuck ARE YOU? LET'S DO THIS!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good point on Law:

"AJ isnt in the EC match which makes him go after Shane"

ugh I can totally see it too. Fuck.

Top Bottom