• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan lines up for Black DSL. x one-hundred billion (sold out)

Snaku said:
itprintswinxn7.gif
I see your ytmnd and raise you this http://pkctdwn.ytmnd.com/. (My first attempt at a ytmnd.)

datruth29 said:
You should use the mushroom cloud shaped as pikachu.
Good idea, I'm thinking about making a better one.

EDIT: This probably wouldn't fit in a ytmnd.

EDIT2: Removed gif as to not give Link1110 a headache.

Pellham

Banned
soundwave05 said:
You generally won't see lines in North America for anything except things like system launches, which happen every 4-5 years.

America isn't a land of nerds like Japan is. You don't see people line up for anything electronic-related, unless it's on Black Friday.

Pellham said:
America isn't a land of nerds like Japan is. You don't see people line up for anything electronic-related, unless it's on Black Friday.
360 wasn't released on Black Friday, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot of lines.

Tadaima

Pellham said:

That's because Americans are fatasses who order off Amazon while eating their fries and sipping their cola.

But seriously now, there are often lines for console launches in America.

big_z

you ever notice the lack of kids in these line? are they not allowed to shop in japan or something?

nintendo should release a "wait in line to buy a ds" simulator game for the ds...

AniHawk

Pellham said:

Or system launch day/night/morning.

big_z said:
you ever notice the lack of kids in these line? are they not allowed to shop in japan or something?

nintendo should release a "wait in line to buy a ds" simulator game for the ds...

And the sad thing is, it would sell.

DataBot

I have an answer for those questions why are there people Playing the White DS Lite and still buying the Black one.

I own a White one too and ill buy a Black one too.

The thought is this: ill give it as a present for my sister or to my girlfriend, they love the beautiful white ds more than the pink or black one they say it looks i pod-ish.

This way i wont get stamped as a DS color sicko :D

The white DS Lite gets too much crap in it along the sides. My Black DSL still looks perfect. Buy a Black one just to replace your white one!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TheGreatDave said:
The white DS Lite gets too much crap in it along the sides. My Black DSL still looks perfect. Buy a Black one just to replace your white one!
What the heck are you doing to it? My launch DS Lite looks like it just came out of the package (ie - perfect).

I thought it was a common problem :lol

I take care of the thing, I'm not throwing it in my bag loose or anything. God knows what I'm doing wrong.

CorwinB

big_z said:

"DS Waiting Line Training" ?

TheGreatDave said:
I thought it was a common problem :lol

I take care of the thing, I'm not throwing it in my bag loose or anything. God knows what I'm doing wrong.

I think they mean "quit putting it in your ass" :D

kudos to nintendo on the DS, makes me jealous..... for some reason I cant enjoy portable gaming....at ...all... :(

Link1110

ninj4junpei said:
Good idea, I'm thinking about making a better one.

EDIT: This probably wouldn't fit in a ytmnd.
japanamcry9.gif

COuld you get rid of the white screens between each of the frames? That gif is giving me a headache.

bruce-willis.jpg

Got any asprin?

Anyone seen this? From the Magic-box
Code:
 Nintendo announced they will release a Pokemon Diamond & Pearl edition Nintendo DS Lite in Japan on September 28, for 16800 yen. The inside will have metallic black paint, which is different from the Jet Black version. The package will come with a copy of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl.
:lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
Square2005 said:
Code:
 Nintendo announced they will release a Pokemon Diamond & Pearl edition Nintendo DS Lite in Japan on September 28, for 16800 yen. The inside will have metallic black paint, which is different from the Jet Black version. The package will come with a copy of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl.

To be expected to be honest...I'd be surprised if Nintendo didn't do this...

Zweisy1

DS deserves it's success. Nintendo just has such a good understanding of what makes good handheld software.

You guys are horrible!

Okay, I'll say that PS3 won't be the big **** up that so many expect it to be... It'll still be successful.

Yes, I have no doubt that PS3 will sell well.. Will it be as succesful and profitable as SONY needs it to be though? Can't see it outselling PS2 but we'll see.

Square2005 said:
Code:

So Pokemon is actually for free with the Pokemon DS Lite.

Jokeropia

I wonder how many Pokemon edition DS Lites they'll make. The fact that it includes the game at no extra cost suggests that it's a limited release.

cvxfreak

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl ARE NOT included in the package. It's a typical mistake by Magic Box.

No prior Pokemon system except for the Pokemon XD bundle included the game. My blue Pokemon DS system did not include any game, and neither did the varieties released for the 5 GBA games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Square2005 said:
Code:
One day that site will disappear and we'll all be better off.

Top Bottom