• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JaseC now owns 107 more games.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I just reached 1k myself and I feel like I have a panic attack over what to play next. I can't imagine how you feel JaseC.

Biochet

there's plenty of people who end up with a "steam collection" as if it was a game on it's own

as is, most people will buy more than they can play anyway

but to Jase, and some other people, it's taken to a next level sorta thing

there's a weird reception to it, ranging from "omg im jelly wish I had money" to people straight up sending him a PM saying he has issues

bottom line: one is entitled to do whatever the fuck they want and makes em happy with their money, I dont really know what bringing attention to it achieves, since it's nobody's business, tho, but thread seems to be made with good intentions

whut no way this happened

rCIZZLE

I guess you at least accept you'll never play most of these games. Many untouched games in my collection are only there since I actually believe I'll sit down and play them some day.

For those unaware, JaseC isn't just somebody who endlessly collects things. He also plays the Assassin's creed games a lot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm is that game still IP locked now?
wished I jumped in :/

Yeah, Ubi disabled cross-region gifting/trading after fixing the lovely price mistake.

I guess you at least accept you'll never play most of these games. Many untouched games in my collection are only there since I actually believe I'll sit down and play them some day.

When I caught the collecting bug almost two years ago to the day now, I told myself I'd play the games eventually, but soon enough I realised I was just in it for, shall we say, the thrill of the hunt. ;)

FauX

Is JaseC user Ms. Ronan or Lord Gaben?

I don't think there's somebody else closer than JaseC to the whole Steam game's catalog.

JaseC

Do you just close your eyes and click?

More or less!

Do you let your games idle for the cards?

PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW DAMMIT!

I do idle regularly, however only to keep my friends list from hitting its limit. The badge system never really grabbed me in the same way it did others.

Is JaseC user Ms. Ronan or Lord Gaben?

I don't think there's somebody else closer than JaseC to the whole Steam game's catalog.

Textonly posts on GAF on the odd occasion. He was #2 on the Top 500 last I checked (said list has since been taken down) with ~3400 games. I don't intend to cultivate the world's largest Steam library or whatever, though -- assuming everyone else keeps at it as well, I've missed the boat on too much stuff as I didn't start "collecting" until the end of the 2012 Summer Sale. I'm perfectly fine with just being up there. ;)

Piggus

Same thing like why collect action figures if you don't play them.

I understand a physical collection, but not so much a digital collection that isn't intended to be used. But I guess now he has those games and doesn't have to worry about buying them should he want to play them, so that's cool. :)

DOA

were-not-worthy.gif

JaseC

No Crimzon Clover tho.

C'mon, Jase-chan.

Sadly my funds were finite. All in good time, though. ;)

eh I don't think its a brag thing

for some, sure, tho

Maybe I should clarify that DryvBy didn't contact me with the idea of this thread, which is to say it's not as though I signed off on it with "It'd sure be great to flaunt my purchase history!" I mean, even if he did ask, I would have given him the green light -- not as a bragging platform, however, but rather because I've no problem with the general idea of people making threads about me. If someone wants to make a thread entitled "JaseC, you're a cunt and this is a list of reasons why I hate you", go right ahead. ;)

Jase why did you ditch Seahorse Rosenan? What kind of betrayalton. This broke all the illusion.

To expand upon Atraveller's post, it's an artistic rendition of her character from The Grand Budapest Hotel:

s4tRG5J.png

tumblr_n7zundlgBF1r1ize2o1_1280.png

I happened upon the above image earlier and thought it'd make for a nifty avatar while still staying true to the theme. ;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Do play Valiant Hearts. Beautiful game. And it's not that long either!

JaseC

whut no way this happened

It was during the Summer Sale:

Speaking of messages:

pmlol2jsw2.jpg

I'm still not quite sure whether or not it was a joke. I'm leaning towards "no", in which case it's a bit of a silly thing to say during a period where every user and their dog is buying games just because they're cheap.

Cartoon avatars of girls you have a crush on is just damn right silly.

Oh you!

Do play Valiant Hearts. Beautiful game. And it's not that long either!

Yeah, the positive impressions definitely have be intrigued.

Who? And more importantly why so many?

Because they're nice to have. ;)

Jimrpg

That's so awesome.... I bet people want to get on your family sharing list.

But questions...

1. Have you got every game on steam yet?

2. So roughly how much have you spent so far? Do you buy only during steam sales or buy stuff at normal prices too? I ask, because I don't think you have spent all that money on games, 3000 games at say $5 each is about $15,000 - some people spend more on a holiday. I bet a lot of people have spent the same on consoles.

3. Any game you don't ever want to buy?

Also only 100 games this time? Will take you another 5 years to get to 4000 games...

EDIT: I have 83 games on Steam, Ive probably played less than 500 hours on steam tho :( I blame hard drive space on my mac...

Not seeing many games on there that I would buy, most I've never heard of.

That's because he already owns the games that you've heard of. I know because I own them too and see him on my friendlist sitting there owning everything. I'm always super excited when I own something Jase doesn't.

Saganator

Can he do us all a favor and ask Valve to add an option to disable auto updates for the entire library? Maybe they'll listen to a guy with 3k games.

JaseC

But questions...

1. Have you got every game on steam yet?

Short of getting a job at Valve, it's practically impossible for me to own literally every game that has been released on Steam as prior to the close of the 2012 Summer Sale I only bought games that interested me, so I missed the boat on a ton of stuff, such as licensed titles like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and The Golden Compass. I am, however, less than 300 games short of owning every game currently available on Steam.

2. So roughly how much have you spent so far? Do you buy only during steam sales or buy stuff at normal prices too? I ask, because I don't think you have spent all that money on games, 3000 games at say $5 each is about $15,000 - some people spend more on a holiday. I bet a lot of people have spent the same on consoles.

That's a good question. My account page says I've spent over $8,300 on the store, but obviously this doesn't take into account games bought externally (bundles, other stores like GMG, and Steam traders).

3. Any game you don't ever want to buy?

Nope. I even have all the various region-specific versions of Max Payne/Max Payne 2. ;)

Also only 100 games this time? Will take you another 5 years to get to 4000 games...

I hit 2,000 games last November, so I've bought 1,000 games in a little over seven months (it's worth noting that there are around 120 actual games in the image as I bought a few packages). As for the haul, I wasn't expecting the Summer Sale to start in June, so I wasn't prepared and ultimately could only spare a few hundred bucks.

Elija2

I am, however, less than 300 games short of owning every game currently available on Steam.

Holy shit, how is that even possible?

I hit 2,000 games last November, so I've bought 1,000 games in a little over six months (it's worth noting that there are around 120 actual games in the image as I bought a few packages).

Wow, for some reason I thought there were a lot more games on Steam.

Top Bottom