• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jay-Z's Tidal loses CEO, lays off 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggbok

A nice supplement to the press conference. How fucking out of touch are these people? It's embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYGdcLbFkw

SSA8HzJ.png

This is so funny to me lmao.

giphy.gif

They must have assumed their name recognition was so good that it would transcend any practical business realities.

This must be a pretty major kick to their egos.

They actually did. Did you see any of the promotional videos for Tidal's launch? Madonna talking about how they are "bringing the humanity back into music" like wtf is this supposed to even mean.... lol.

Pickman

They need to get DMX doing customer support. "Ugh! Arroo! X Gonna Give you a reference number in case you have to call back further about the issue, okay? RUFF!"

Raistlin

I find it funny/bizarre that a streaming service that supposedly focuses on high-quality audio is focusing on big name artists that all participate in the loudness war and don't give a shit about production.
Yup, one of numerous wtf decisions in this shit show

rambis

Banned
I don't think this means much. The new ownership only recently took over the company which has been open for a while under a different model.

Personnel shakeups are common in acquisitions.

Letting go of people due to restructuring may be common, but they did also lose a CEO. I think that bodes ill.. aside from their loony pricing schemes, marketing tone-deafness and the venomous consumer backlash.

Well, now that they're "hirinig", I hope one of the positions is for proofreader.

royalan

Letting go of people due to restructuring may be common, but they did also lose a CEO. I think that bodes ill.. aside from their loony pricing schemes, marketing tone-deafness and the venomous consumer backlash.

Well, now that they're "hirinig", I hope one of the positions is for proofreader.

I'm still trying to figure out what "expertly curated editorial" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom