• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

JBaird said:
I'm broke, and when I mean broke I mean broke. Though I can probably come up with some money for this. If nothing shows up by the morning I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm feeling pretty out of control of the situation right now with the distance away.
I am in nowhere near rich. Going through some tough times myself and about to move for the 2nd time in a month. But, if you've got a paypal account, I can make a small donation if that helps. Maybe gather enough for, fuck, something.

But, hopefully some good news arrive before that.

NoRéN said:
I am in nowhere near rich. Going through some tough times myself and about to move for the 2nd time in a month. But, if you've got a paypal account, I can make a small donation if that helps. Maybe gather enough for, fuck, something.

I would try to come up with something to.

threenote

Banned
I wish nothing but the best. Shit does look pretty suspect though. The best you can do is wait, and make sure you're proactive with the police.

JBaird

Banned
NoRéN said:

Thanks, but if I have to I can come up with it myself. I'll just sell some of my stuff.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I wish you all the best....can you post a picture just in case (it is a huge leap, but maybe it will help).

AkuMifune

Banned
Sorry dude. I'd end up doing something stupid and get dumped for being crazy when I think I'm being a hero. It's happened. Just keep in contact with the police, I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

plasmasd

If you have pictures of the two try emailing them to the local news station in the area in Tennessee. I'm sure they will pick up the story and run the pictures with their information.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
JBaird said:
Can out of service cell phones be tracked by the police?

What do you mean by out of service? Do you mean the phone's just off, or do you mean she didn't pay her bill, so the provider cut it off?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
What often happens is that after an accident, people are in shock, start walking in some direction and get lost.

When the shock state wears off, they usually start going into one direction until they hit a road, then follow that road.

So an additional thing you could do is check all roads in the area. Although that's something the police usually does.

If you know when the incident occured, you can extrapolate the maximum area to search as well. If you assume 5km/h, you should be fine.

An important note: Always carry a cellphone with a number she knows from now on, and make sure to always have coverage and battery juice.

Also, the earlier you start to act, the better. Make sure to get enough rest, food and water though. And never act alone, you need someone who helps you.

dabig2

I agree with the contact of the media. Get their faces on tv and in print (flyers whatnot) and ask anyone from the surrounding towns if they've seen them. You'll likely be given a hotline number as well.

Did she contact you at all during her trip? Or has she been out of contact since she left on the 14th. Also, any idea on when the accident may have happened? How long would it take for them to get to the spot the car was found for example.

Kworn

Banned
They are probably ok

You always think the worst things

I am sure they had an accident, and went for a walk to find help

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
JBaird said:
No I mean as in it has no bars.
Cell phone zone handoff is a thing that providers log, so the police should handle that part and at least succeed in finding out when she had coverage the last time, and where (where as in which cell phone towers were in connection with her).

JBaird

Banned
dabig2 said:
I agree with the contact of the media. Get their faces on tv and in print (flyers whatnot) and ask anyone from the surrounding towns if they've seen them. You'll likely be given a hotline number as well.

Did she contact you at all during her trip? Or has she been out of contact since she left on the 14th. Also, any idea on when the accident may have happened? How long would it take for them to get to the spot the car was found for example.

I really don't know anyone there so I am almost completely out of the loop with information. I'm still trying to figure everything out.

Fuck. I can't imagine how panicked and helpless I'd feel in a situation like this. I've been in many long distance situations where my gf was going through something terrible and I wanted to be there but couldn't, but never a situation like this. Good luck.

tokkun

What is the timeline here?

You say that she left on the 14th and the trip is about 12 hours? Do you know when the accident was discovered and whether it was in a place where it would have been discovered quickly?

About what time of day would she have been nearing the place of the accident if it occurred on her way there?

JBaird

Banned
What sucks is that I was possibly going to be with her if her sister wasn't able to go. I would much rather be there right now and know whats going on than here and have no idea whats going on.

tokkun said:
What is the timeline here?

You say that she left on the 14th and the trip is about 12 hours? Do you know when the accident was discovered and whether it was in a place where it would have been discovered quickly?

About what time of day would she have been nearing the place of the accident if it occurred on her way there?

I'm trying to work that out right now to figure out a better time table. But like I said I have very little connection with anyone there so the information is coming in in trickles.

LQX

I'm very sorry but if your girl is missing and have not called you shouldn't be posting about it on a message board as you don't know how the situation might turn out which in the end might turn this into a spectacle.

Make some phone calls. Go look for her, especially where the accident happened.

MisterAnderson said:
Fuck. I can't imagine how panicked and helpless I'd feel in a situation like this. I've been in many long distance situations where my gf was going through something terrible and I wanted to be there but couldn't, but never a situation like this. Good luck.
Seriously.

If I were him I'd be absolutely livid. I'd probably put on some clothes and get in the car because three days of absolute darkness does not bode well at all. I really feel for you OP. This is one of the worst situations anyone could ever be in.

dabig2

JBaird said:
What sucks is that I was possibly going to be with her if her sister wasn't able to go. I would much rather be there right now and know whats going on than here and have no idea whats going on.

I'm trying to work that out right now to figure out a better time table. But like I said I have very little connection with anyone there so the information is coming in in trickles.

It's never good to get into the "if only I would've...." scenarios. It brings nothing but grief, trust me. Since her parents passed away, does she have family still living in the Ashland, TN area?

JBaird

Banned
LQX said:
I'm very sorry but if your girl is missing and have not called you shouldn't be posting about it on a message board as you don't know how the situation might turn out which in the end might turn this into a spectacle.

Make some phone calls. Go look for her, especially where the accident happened.

I have called. Right now I am in a situation where I am pretty powerless in being able to do anything significant. I've never been in a situation like this so I am trying to figure out if anyone has any good suggestions on things that can be done.

owlbeak

This is awful. I can't even imagine how you're feeling...the helplessness of being 13 hours away is unbearable, I'm sure.

When you say the car was beat up, I assume you meant as in it had been hit by another car from behind?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
JBaird said:
It starts south of Dallas, but probably close to it. I don't know what route they took, but I assume it's something close to that.
If you can work out the timeline and the precise location of the accident, the internet can try to help you in the following ways:
— Figure out the area to search, assuming on-foot travel
— Check the area when travelling

The police does the exact same thing, of course, and they're much better at it:
— They're local, so they know where to look
— They patrol there anyways
— They've got experience with this kind of thing
— They're much more motivated (it's their job)

The difference is though that you can reach much more people by contacting news networks and setting up an internet site.
You have to clear all that with the family and police though, the latter for reasons unrelated to the incident.

JBaird

Banned
Horsebite said:
This is awful. I can't even imagine how you're feeling...the helplessness of being 13 hours away is unbearable, I'm sure.

When you say the car was beat up, I assume you meant as in it had been hit by another car from behind?

That's my understanding from the info I've been given.

JBaird

Banned
wmat said:
If you can work out the timeline and the precise location of the accident, the internet can try to help you in the following ways:
— Figure out the area to search, assuming on-foot travel
— Check the area when travelling

The police does the exact same thing, of course, and they're much better at it:
— They're local, so they know where to look
— They patrol there anyways
— They've got experience with this kind of thing
— They're much more motivated (it's their job)

The difference is though that you can reach much more people by contacting news networks and setting up an internet site.
You have to clear all that with the family and police though, the latter for reasons unrelated to the incident.

Alright thanks for the tips. I'll get to work on doing that, it's better than doing nothing.

DoomGyver

If there is no contact by morning I would book a flight to ashland and get a rental car. Go to kinkos and print out a bunch of photos of the both of them and look.

I hope they are both okay.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
JBaird said:
Alright thanks for the tips. I'll get to work on doing that, it's better than doing nothing.
That's a good thing. You should either be active or rest (sleep). Thinking about how awful the situation is doesn't help anyone.

JBaird said:
I have called. Right now I am in a situation where I am pretty powerless in being able to do anything significant. I've never been in a situation like this so I am trying to figure out if anyone has any good suggestions on things that can be done.
If you do decide to actively search then I'd recommend brining along some friends with free time available. Four pairs of eyes could be absolutely crucial at a time like this.
LovingSteam said:
OP, are you alone where you're at? You need to call some buddies or family to have them stay with you. I'm serious. Now isn't the time for you to be alone.
Yeah, this is probably the worst time to be alone.
Kworn said:
They are probably ok

You always think the worst things

I am sure they had an accident, and went for a walk to find help
A three day walk in a country absolutely saturated by landline phones, phone booths, cell phones, computers, hospitals, and police stations?

S1lent

I wish I had some useful advice to add, but all I can say is that my thoughts are with you, your gf, and her sister, JBaird. I really hope this story has a happy ending.

I will say that you should try and stay positive as much you can, don't let your mind go crazy with the possibilities and just focus on ways that you can help with the search.

JBaird said:

Call the Ashland news organizations. Have you done that?

Keikaku

I'm sitting in my room right now hoping that your girlfriend and her sister are OK. This is absolutely one of the worst situations that anyone can find themselves in.

I don't know much about this sort of situation but please, for your own sake, make sure that you have any support from your friends or family. This is not the time to be alone.

I can't do much to help, but I'm willing to setup a paypal account and get some funds together from other forum members. I'm also willing to listen to you if you have anything you want to get off your chest. I read that you would sell some of your stuff to get the money together to go out to Tennessee, but I'm sure that GAFfers would be more than willing to pitch in and help.

I wish there was more that I could do to help, but this is what I've got. PM me if you want to talk further, JBaird. My best wishes to you and your girl. I hope things work out for the best.

EDIT

Some quick info off Google. You may have some or all of this already, but here it is anyway. I'll be updating this with links and/or phone numbers when I can. The phone numbers for the TV stations are for their tip lines. The office line and the studio line are provided for the radio stations.

The Ashland City Times (Local Paper): http://www.tennessean.com/section/SERVICES
-This is their contact info page. (615) 259-8095 is the number to call if you have Local News tips.

Ashland City Police Dept. Website: http://www.ashlandcity.net/police/index.html

List of Radio/TV Stations in the Ashland Area:

Strongest AM radio stations in Ashland City:
WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
WQSV (790 AM; 1 kW; ASHLAND CITY, TN; Owner: SYCAMORE VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
WLAC (1510 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
WPLN (1430 AM; 15 kW; MADISON, TN)
WMDB (880 AM; daytime; 3 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: BABB BROADCASTING COMPANY)
WVOL (1470 AM; 5 kW; BERRY HILL, TN)
WCOR (900 AM; 5 kW; LEBANON, TN)
WYFN (980 AM; 5 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: BIBLE BRADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
WDKN (1260 AM; 5 kW; DICKSON, TN; Owner: EDMISSON & EUBANK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
WAKM (950 AM; 5 kW; FRANKLIN, TN; Owner: FRANKLIN RADIO ASSOCIATES, INC.)

Strongest FM radio stations in Ashland City:
WJXA (Mix 92.9 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Office Line: 615-259-0929
Studio Line: 615-737-0929
WSM-FM (95.5 FM "The Wolf" Nashville Country; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
(615) 321-1067
WFFI (93.7 FM "The Fish" Christian Music; KINGSTON SPRINGS, TN; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
615-367-2210
WRVW (107.5 FM; LEBANON, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WGFX (104.5 FM; GALLATIN, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WQZQ-FM (102.5 FM; DICKSON, TN; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WKDF (103.3 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WNRQ (105.9 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WSIX-FM (97.9 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WPLN-FM (90.3 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: NASHVILLE PUBLIC RADIO)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WRVU (91.1 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: VANDERBILT STUDENT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WAYM (88.7 FM; COLUMBIA, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WNPL (106.7 FM; BELLE MEADE, TN; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
W271AB (102.1 FM; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: MONTGOMERY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WRLT (100.1 FM; FRANKLIN, TN; Owner: TUNED-IN BROADCASTING, INC)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WRQQ (97.1 FM; GOODLETTSVILLE, TN; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WQQK (92.1 FM; HENDERSONVILLE, TN; Owner: PHOENIX OF HENDERSONVILLE, INC.)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WMOT (89.5 FM; MURFREESBORO, TN; Owner: MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY)
Office Line:
Studio Line:
WUBT (101.1 FM; RUSSELLVILLE, KY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Office Line:
Studio Line:

TV broadcast stations around Ashland City:
WTVF (Channel 5; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: NEWSCHANNEL 5 NETWORK, LP)
615-254-6397
WSMV-TV (Channel 4; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
(615) 353-2231
WZTV (Channel 17; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WZTV LICENSEE, LLC)
615-369-1717
WUXP-TV (Channel 30; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WUXP LICENSEE, LLC)
615-259-5617
WKRN-TV (Channel 2; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WKRN, G.P.)
615-369-7236
WNPT (Channel 8; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: NASHVILLE PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
(615) 259-9325 This is a PBS channel, so I don't know if they can help you, but it might be worth a shot.​
WNAB (Channel 58; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: NASHVILLE LICENSE HOLDINGS, L.L.C.)
615-259-5617 The local CW channel.​
WHTN (Channel 39; MURFREESBORO, TN; Owner: CHRISTIAN TELEVISION NETWORK, INC.)
615.754.0039 This is Nashville branch of the Christian Television Network.​

Lafazar

If you decide to go there yourself and search the area, ask around if you can borrow a portable/hiking GPS from someone. It will prevent you from getting lost, allow you to find your way around an area you do not know and make it easier to search systematically (Spiral/Zig Zag pattern).

My condolences, this is a horrible situation.

owlbeak

I don't have a lot of money, but I am more than willing to scrounge up what I can to donate towards you getting there. This situation makes me feel sick to my stomach just reading it. :(

ninj4junpei said:
That sounds rather creepy. I hope everything turns out okay. :( That's really weird that both of them are gone.

X-Files_intro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom