• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeNoMe

Can't stop thinking about the whole thing!

I can't imagine what you are going trough OP, I think it would have torn up my mind!

MNC

Fuck, I kinda hoped that by page 4 everything would've been solved.... Best of luck OP, and keep us updated.

JBaird

Banned
MNC said:
Fuck, I kinda hoped that by page 4 everything would've been solved.... Best of luck OP, and keep us updated.

I was hoping so too, but still nothing. I'm hoping for some more information in the next few hours.

1GabUp

Hope everything will turn out all right. The fact that she wasn’t alone is really positive in this situation. Keep us updated!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I have to agree.. the back window being smashed out does sound like something a trained person (fire/police) would have done to get someone out of a car after an accident. Hopefully that is the case.

big_z

StoOgE said:
I have to agree.. the back window being smashed out does sound like something a trained person (fire/police) would have done to get someone out of a car after an accident. Hopefully that is the case.

depends on the damage but unless it was very bad i doubt rescue team would have broken all the windows. electronics should still work in the car in a rear end collision and it's unlikely the girls broke the windows either.

if they were taken to a hospital or something the family would have been notified due to the ID on them and the car would have been cleaned up the same day. since it was found smashed days later and their cells phone are both out of service i would say things point to abduction.

MNC

big_z said:
depends on the damage but unless it was very bad i doubt rescue team would have broken all the windows. electronics should still work in the car in a rear end collision and it's unlikely the girls broke the windows either.

if they were taken to a hospital or something the family would have been notified due to the ID on them and the car would have been cleaned up the same day. since it was found smashed days later and their cells phone are both out of service i would say things point to abduction.
Fuck... Just reading that last sentence gives me the chills. Damn :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
big_z said:

How do you know the windows weren't busted out just from the pressure of a rear-end collision?

joelseph

big_z said:

Trunk compression can smash out a back window, aka getting rear ended on the highway.

raphier

Banned
big_z said:

I agree with Big Z. All the hints are pointing to abduction. The roots of the evil may be even deeper undeground with this case (She was willing to disappear), but who knows, maybe there's something simpler happening in there.

Wish you best luck OP, it's a truly pitch black for you in there. Hope you find light in the darkness.

big_z

Lost Fragment said:
How do you know the windows weren't busted out just from the pressure of a rear-end collision?

doesnt work that way. look up collision pictures if you like, your car would have to be basically crushed to shatter all the windows.

if they were hit that hard then they probably wouldnt walk away and rescue services would have got them, family notified and the car cleaned up. since it was found abondoned days later with not trace of the girls i would be mighty worried right now.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
If there's one thread on neogaf I ever wanted to get a happy ending, it's this one. Shit is scary, stay strong OP and good luck to you.

Shit man, I can't imagine what I would be doing if that happened to me. I would be freaking out in many many ways!

I just hope to press F5 and read something like "she just called me and everything is fine".

Ffs.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
big_z said:
doesnt work that way. look up collision pictures if you like, your car would have to be basically crushed to shatter all the windows.

if they were hit that hard then they probably wouldnt walk away and rescue services would have got them, family notified and the car cleaned up. since it was found abondoned days later with not trace of the girls i would be mighty worried right now.

I see. Damn, not looking too good.

Kraftwerk

I had something similar happen to mate so i can feel you.I hope everything turns out O.K for you.Godspeed.we are all here for you.

joelseph said:
Trunk compression can smash out a back window, aka getting rear ended on the highway.

Being rear-ended on the highway in the middle of no where, where no one is around, an accident report was not filed, etc. is not a good sign. Listen, I'm hoping the guy finds them also, but most likely outcome of this thing won't be the good one.

JBaird, have you contacted that list yet? have you given it exposure? The only way you are finding them now, is if you get their names and their photos out there and hope someone recognizes their photos.

It sucks dude, I know, and this isn't what you want to hear, but stay positive, hope for the best, but expect the worst. Do all you can and that's it. It's all you can feasibly do.

Yagharek

Its also possible the car broke down/ran out of petrol and got vandalised when it was left there while they walked to another town. Of course, contact police and act as fast as possible in case something bad has happened, but jumping to conclusions is only going to add an insane amount of stress.

I hope they are found safe and well soon though.

duckroll

Don't have much to offer in terms of help or advice, but I hope everything turns out fine. This is a situation I don't think anyone wants to be in. Good luck! :(

Fjolle

big_z said:

If they were hit from behind and rescue workers had to cut off the roof to take them out the standard procedure (at least where i'm from) is to break all windows. But I would expect some kind of cleanup operation afterwards. I can't really understand how a car crash can sit undetected for 3 days without anyone wondering what happened.

JGS

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
It would usually have to be a severe collision to bust out windows to that magnitude unless a car leaped over the trunk. Those windows are not designed to bust out on normal impact. I did a lot of claims for vehicles and not a lot of rear end collisions involved even replacing the glass much less shattering of it.

I'm not sure how committed the OP and girlfriend are so I'll assume they were practically engaged and suggested if funds are an issue to simply stay in constant contact with the family even if they don't know him since that's where the information is going to funnel to anyway.

Trompsing around the countryside like Rambo is futile when there should be trained people doing that now.

I am surprised that very little is being said in the news. I was under the impression something like this would be at statewide if not national.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this is stressing me out as I'm imagining what I would be going through so my heart goes out to the OP and hopefully it winds up being one of those whackier missing persons account instead of something sadder.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
big_z said:
i would say things point to abduction.
So how do you imagine this happened? A mysterious black van bumped the car off the street, dragged them out and took them away? Some backwood hicks climbed down from their trees and took 'em?

That on some street along a highway / road in the vicinity of a town? Remember, they were travelling long-distance, they surely didn't drive along a completely deserted road.

All in all, what you're saying is completely unrealistic.

There's been an accident and the involved persons are missing. This isn't rare; usually, it's the shock that makes victims walk away into a random direction.

Also, as has been said, it's possible that they're in a hospital, and the OP just hasn't got all the info.

Windows can smash all around for all sorts of reasons. First of all, you don't know what kind of car we're talking about; then, the car could have crashed in lots of ways, ways of which numerous could cause all windows to smash. One scenario would be crashing sideways into a tree, then falling down a heightened street. Another would be overturning.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
RandomVince said:
Its also possible the car broke down/ran out of petrol and got vandalised when it was left there while they walked to another town. Of course, contact police and act as fast as possible in case something bad has happened, but jumping to conclusions is only going to add an insane amount of stress.

I hope they are found safe and well soon though.

This is a good point.

There are a lot of possibilities here. Not healthy to give the worst one more thought than the others just because it sounds like the opening to an episode of Forensic Files.

Fjolle said:
I can't really understand how a car crash can sit undetected for 3 days without anyone wondering what happened.

This doesn't really surprise me honestly.

Altazor

holy shit, this is terrible. I hope this story ends well! I can't do much, since: a) I don't even live in the USA, and b) I'm still behind a keyboard and staring at a computer monitor. But, anyway... best of luck. Be strong, man, and never lose hope.

wmat said:
So how do you imagine this happened? A mysterious black van bumped the car off the street, dragged them out and took them away? Some backwood hicks climbed down from their trees and took 'em?

That on some street along a highway / road in the vicinity of a town? Remember, they were travelling long-distance, they surely didn't drive along a completely deserted road.

All in all, what you're saying is completely unrealistic.

There's been an accident and the involved persons are missing. This isn't rare; usually, it's the shock that makes victims walk away into a random direction.

Also, as has been said, it's possible that they're in a hospital, and the OP just hasn't got all the info.

Windows can smash all around for all sorts of reasons. First of all, you don't know what kind of car we're talking about; then, the car could have crashed in lots of ways, ways of which numerous could cause all windows to smash. One scenario would be crashing sideways into a tree, then falling down a heightened street. Another would be overturning.

Not that hard to predict what could of happened...

Guy hits car makes it look like an accident, they pull to the side of the road one of them gets out and talks to the man, man grabs her, other girl is still in the car, she locks doors he breaks the windows to get her out...

hopefully this didn't happen

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Straightballin said:

Guy hits car makes it look like an accident, they pull to the side of the road one of them gets out and talks to the man, man grabs her, other girl is still in the car, she locks doors he breaks the windows to get her out...

Sounds like something that just happens in movies. In this scenario, the other guy would also be involved in an accident.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it also doesn't sound very likely.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Straightballin said:

1) You watch too many movies.

2) Wild speculation about kidnapping without any basis in reality isn't doing the OP any good at all.

Ocums razor people. They were in some kind of crash and either wandered off due ot shock (fairly common) or were unable to drive the car for whatever reason and walked somewhere.

If they were on the road for 12 hours it is perfectly reasonable to assume their cell phones died and it sounds like the OP doesn't have a reliable way for people to get into contact with him anyway.

Fjolle

Straightballin said:

It didn't happen. Why would they break all the windows?

The OP is in bad enough state already. Don't spread FUD to make him get worse.

A tip for the OP. Get the hell off of GAF for now and concentrate on this crisis. Last thing you need is a bunch of members scaring you with (plausible?) stories of abduction and shit, although they want to be helpful I guess. Not the kind of stuff you want enforced on your mind right now.

I wish you strength and I hope you persevere. By posting on GAF I assume you'll share the outcome when applicable.

Best regards,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom